IGNORED

The Match V - Brooks vs. Bryson

iacas
Note: This thread is 877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Bucks said:

Winners get more clicks. 

John Rahm got quite a bit more attention for his WD on Sunday after testing positive for Covid than Cantlay did for winning. 

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Bucks said:

Then you've been misinterpreting what I've been saying, or I presented it poorly. If it's the latter, my apologies.

The latter.

You've been talking about who is the most "popular," which is present with a little recent past in there. It has little to do with how or what people will be in five years.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

The latter.

You've been talking about who is the most "popular," which is present with a little recent past in there. It has little to do with how or what people will be in five years.

If you read my post #13 I specifically mentioned potential. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bucks said:

If you read my post #13 I specifically mentioned potential. 

Just give it up man. 😄 You had a bad take and you've like quintupled down on it.

Brooks could also potentially bring millions to the PGA Tour. Again, Brooks is quite possibly the better player. He's been injured, but he's got four majors to Bryson's one. He's a star in his own right. He too was on the Ryder Cup team.

It's a weird point you're making, again, because a good chunk of Bryson's "popularity" is directly tied to his feud with Brooks. Brooks's name is even first in the topic we have here:

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

And they're going to tie.  I propose arm wrestling as a tiebreaker.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I propose arm wrestling as a tiebreaker.

Or a Russian slapping contest.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

How badly did Bryson play to lose 5&3 in a 12-hole match? He lost five of nine holes.

Didn't watch the match, but like some others, believe the animosity between the two leading up to Friday was made up for promotional value only!  "Never liked him"----- "his comments about me disgusting" ???  Really, especially when the two seemed to be becoming quite friendly with each other pretty recently!  Surprised they didn't both show up for the opening ceremony with boxing gloves on! 

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

This is my take on the match:

lion-yawning.gif

I watched the opening tee shots before I had to leave. At least Bryson started with brooksy cupcakes. Nothing was really exciting about it. I decided I wasn’t missing anything after that point. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

The course looked spectacular. The play not so much. Everything looked forced and scripted. Brooks made some nice recovery shots and Bryson could not make a putt. These guys are just playing the rivalry for the media. End of story. Nice to have it on DVR where you can hit the FF button.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Archie Bunker said:

The course looked spectacular. The play not so much. Everything looked forced and scripted. Brooks made some nice recovery shots and Bryson could not make a putt. These guys are just playing the rivalry for the media. End of story. Nice to have it on DVR where you can hit the FF button.

Or delete it, which is what I think I’ll do when I get home.

• Thumbs Up 1

Poor Barkley was probably warned he’d have to save this gig as he’s got a couple of total duds to deal with. He can only do so much.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Well, I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I first watched it. ... Having typed that. I watched this again last night. For no particular reason, and I have to say I enjoyed it. Even knowing the outcome. The format is a little different. I think it could use some tweaks. My first suggestion is get rid of the carts. I think it would give everyone more time to interact if they walked. 

I've said this before and I'll stand by it, both of these guys are good for the game. 

I also think the animosity between them was real. I still think they don't really like each other. The Ryder Cup made them team-mates and that helped smooth things over a bit. I also think that there may have been somebody in each of their camps who told them they were coming off like big old cry babies to the public. 

Over-all, I hope they keep doing these matches. I don't think they will ever be the kind of mega-event that golf hoped for. They are entertaining to watch and I for one will probably keep watching them. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Note: This thread is 877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!