IGNORED

PNC Championship 2021

boogielicious

I’m guessing the ProAm today will get higher ratings than some Tour Friday rounds. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to PNC Championship 2021
  • Administrator

It's on TV? I thought just Saturday/Sunday were.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He is walking real gingerly here. Haven't seen videos of him walking out and about casually, so don't have anything to compare to.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

He is walking real gingerly here. Haven't seen videos of him walking out and about casually, so don't have anything to compare to.

I'm really glad he's able to be walking at all.

14 hours ago, iacas said:

It's on TV? I thought just Saturday/Sunday were.

They had the ProAm on live.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I think months before all niggles like scar tissue, stiffness, ROM will let him get back to being a reasonably competitive athlete. He will be fine. Good to see him out there.

Vishal S.

56 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I think months before all niggles like scar tissue, stiffness, ROM will let him get back to being a reasonably competitive athlete. He will be fine. Good to see him out there.

You could see the limp a bit as he was walking around. But he is out there, which is the first step.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

242-yard 4I to the par five, and this…

I posted it in the Tiger topic, too. Pretty surprising.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 12/18/2021 at 9:52 AM, boogielicious said:

You could see the limp a bit as he was walking around. But he is out there, which is the first step.

Yeah good thing is unlike previous injuries, it's not a functional hindrance. I think had he injured his left leg, no way he takes a 115 MPH full swing this soon. Maybe ever. 

Vishal S.

20 hours ago, iacas said:

242-yard 4I to the par five, and this…

I posted it in the Tiger topic, too. Pretty surprising.

It looks like the issue will be golf-endurance, not golf mechanics.

Does anyone have a sense of how Tiger's injuries from his accident compare to Ben Hogan's?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

On 12/18/2021 at 9:52 AM, boogielicious said:

Having had both knees replaced one at age 58 the other at 63. I see a similar response in tiger's recovery. He is still showing some weakness as I did at roughly 6 months post operation but he has the full range of motion with his swing. I remember my surgeon telling me that my recovery will be "Exponential over time". I am sure Tiger is feeling that as well. I would not count him out of the Masters by any means. Especially because Tiger is a fanatic about working out and his PT is probably something he revels on it.

I was curious though, is there a rule on how close you place your ball to your partners ball after he/she hits?  I saw some place a tee or coin where their ball was and then their partner would drop it in the general area..but what is considered acceptable or not?  

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I was curious though, is there a rule on how close you place your ball to your partners ball after he/she hits?  I saw some place a tee or coin where their ball was and then their partner would drop it in the general area..but what is considered acceptable or not?  

I'm sure they kinda specify. They said within one club length of the original ball, and when putting you put it within about an inch or so.

Some words by Tiger and other players on Tiger after the PNC: 

tiger-charlie-pnc-1694-samgreenwoodgetty

ORLANDO, Fla. – There would be very few times in the life of Tiger Woods that he ever would deem...

• Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

That was an awful lot of fun to watch.

Of all the dads with relatively young kids, the biggest swing difference between dad and son was the Dalys.  Sr. still has his way beyond parallel backswing while Jr's backswing was pretty compact and nowhere near parallel, let alone beyond parallel.

Great seeing how many of the kids have picked up dad's mannerisms.

Also interesting to see how excited Nelly Korda was to get a picture with Tiger.  And to find out that her dad, with whom she was playing, had been a world class tennis player who won a Grand Slam event - the Australian Open, and at his peak was #2 in the world.

• Like 1

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
1 hour ago, turtleback said:

And to find out that her dad, with whom she was playing, had been a world class tennis player who won a Grand Slam event - the Australian Open, and at his peak was #2 in the world.

I'm a bit surprised you didn't know that already. Not a big LPGA watcher, I take it? 😄

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm a bit surprised you didn't know that already. Not a big LPGA watcher, I take it? 😄

Nope.  Frankly, before the PNC I had never heard of Nelly.  

Rich - in name only