IGNORED

Caption This Photo

nevets88
Note: This thread is 776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I posted this out of jest in a non-golfer Slack and asked for captions and as soon as I hit send I was like, oh no, I'm gonna get some raunchy responses, but got some good ones:

"This is why you're not supposed to swallow chewing gum."

"No need to let a bad case of hemorrhoids keep you from enjoying your favorite activities. Just ask a friend for help."

"When I said try for a birdie, I didn't mean lay an egg."

Mine was - Make contact with the big ball before the little ball.

Source

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 12.46.45 PM.png

• Funny 3

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I don't have anything funny, but I am disappointed in the instruction shown here.

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

"Made in China...figures."

• Funny 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Lol! Classic @iacas, His response is golden I think!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Smash said:

@iacas What is he teaching that you think is wrong?

What do you think my answer would be?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

What do you think my answer would be?

I honestly don't know. My perception is that the alignment rod is against the left side of his head to teach him to not sway back to his right side and the ball is there to teach him not to sway forward towards the balls of his feet. It doesn't seem like a terrible set of teaching tactics to me. You must think that it's teaching him a bad habit but I don't see what that is. 

• Administrator

So…

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

I see the image on the left as encouraging the player to set back on his heels, as he's clearly leaning against the ball a little bit here. By pushing the ball forward against the player, the player has to push back into his heels lest he let himself get pushed over.

Then on the right you can clearly see it didn't work - he's come off the "wall" and "early extended" during the downswing. Because the coach is "pushing" the ball against the player, he'll continue to push it against the player and both coach and player will deem this one a "success" when it is not.

So, in short:

• When you push a player one direction, you're training them to push back the other direction. This player is in his heels, and is working to be more in his heels.
  • The player likely achieved a false sense of success here.

Those are what I don't like. I don't care about the stick in front, though we don't have a FO view so who knows…?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

So…

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

I see the image on the left as encouraging the player to set back on his heels, as he's clearly leaning against the ball a little bit here. By pushing the ball forward against the player, the player has to push back into his heels lest he let himself get pushed over.

Then on the right you can clearly see it didn't work - he's come off the "wall" and "early extended" during the downswing. Because the coach is "pushing" the ball against the player, he'll continue to push it against the player and both coach and player will deem this one a "success" when it is not.

So, in short:

• When you push a player one direction, you're training them to push back the other direction. This player is in his heels, and is working to be more in his heels.

Those are what I don't like. I don't care about the stick in front, though we don't have a FO view so who knows…?

@iacas So, I'm often fighting the habit of transitioning from my heels to the balls of my feet at impact. I'm often telling myself pre-swing to keep my weight on my heels. What would be a better drill/tactic to help this problem versus having an object touching my backside and telling myself to keep connection to that object?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Smash said:

@iacas So, I'm often fighting the habit of transitioning from my heels to the balls of my feet at impact. I'm often telling myself pre-swing to keep my weight on my heels. What would be a better drill/tactic to help this problem versus having an object touching my backside and telling myself to keep connection to that object?

First, don't set up with the weight in the heels. Your body will try to balance itself during the swing, and you'll move toward the balls of your feet during the swing at some point.

• Informative 1

6 hours ago, iacas said:

So…

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

So, in short:

You're probably right. I originally thought the idea was for the student to roll his butt cheeks around the ball - right cheek on the backswing and around to the left cheek on the downswing/follow through. Some kind of modified wall drill thing.

I have nothing intelligent or really funny to say about this other than my mind went straight to the bubble gum comment when I first saw the picture. So there is that. 🙂

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

• 4 weeks later...

"Wow! You were gassy enough to fill up this ball. Respect"

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

On 12/30/2021 at 7:43 PM, iacas said:

I don't have anything funny, but I am disappointed in the instruction shown here.

It does have a certain "Roy McAvoy alone in his trailer with a case of the shanks" look to it, doesn't it?

Edited by bwdial

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

• 2 weeks later...

And this is what happens when you wear Spanx :banana:

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I couldn’t resist!

3BE8A872-13C9-4BF8-B5ED-CB7F875F67AF.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!