IGNORED

TST Explores the ShotScope H4 (Stats Tracking Device) and Pro LX Rangefinder

iacas

59 minutes ago, Shindig said:

I used Gorilla Glue

Like the original Gorilla Glue, or just a glue made by Gorilla Glue (the company)? They make a bunch of different types of adhesives, many of which I absolutely would not have recommended for Game Golf tags.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 hours ago, Shindig said:

Β I'm curious how the tags work with my grips -- do I need to glue them in like I did with GG, and how do I remove the GG ones?

The shotscope tags hold well in the grip, but a bit of adhesive definitely helps. For Pure grips, I think adhesive is necessary since the grips material is more flexible/squishy than a grip like Golf Pride for example, and the threads don't seem to bite into the grip hole as much.

I use a generic silicone sealant/adhesive and it works fine. I've also used barge cement, and 3M emblem adhesive, which also worked, but are more of a pain to work with.

For certain types of putter grips, shotscope makes a tag without a screw but with double sided adhesive tape. I have this on my LAB putter with a strange grip, and my old Ping Anser with a pistol grip, and it has never come off.

I tried similar 3M automotive adhesive tape on the non-putter tags, but it is tedious to cut out the circle to the shape of the tag, and punch a hole in the center for the screw, but it held well.

Edited by Darkfrog
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

@boogieliciousΒ - Good report on the H4! I am using the V3 (a watch) this season and have had similar positive experience to yours. My putter is also counter-weighted, but I have used the manual process which, as long as I remember to do it, is easy and straight-forward.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour orΒ Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag;Β Shot Scope X5;Β True LinkswearΒ 

5 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I found editing the round on my PC to be much easier than my phone.Β  Β Great review @boogielicious

I haven’t tried that yet.Β 

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

18 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I found editing the round on my PC to be much easier than my phone.Β  Β Great review @boogielicious

Very true, it’s much easier on my Mac than my phoneΒ 

Β 

I also worry about scratching the face of the unit. Tagging 60 plus times a round could become a problem. I found a liquid screen protector made for watches and I’m going to try to put that on the face to protect it. Anyone else see this as potentially being an issue?

DannyΒ  Β  In my :ping:Β Hoofer Tour golf bag on myΒ :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:Β Β Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5Β  X-Stiff.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Irons:Β Β :callaway:Β 4-PW APEX TCB IronsΒ 
3Β Wood:Β :callaway:Β MavrikΒ SZ RogueΒ X-StiffΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter:Β :odyssey:Β Β 2-Ball Ten Arm LockΒ  Β  Β  Β Β Ball:Β :titleist: ProV 1

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, NM Golf said:

I also worry about scratching the face of the unit. Tagging 60 plus times a round could become a problem. I found a liquid screen protector made for watches and I’m going to try to put that on the face to protect it. Anyone else see this as potentially being an issue?

I'm not concerned about it. The tags are likely softer than the screen, so unless you have sand embedded in the tag it's probably fine.

Though now that I think about it, I'd be more concerned with @Shindig's idea of leaving the unit in my pocket while playing. My pockets always end up with sand and dirt in them.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 5/19/2022 at 12:47 PM, billchao said:

Like the original Gorilla Glue, or just a glue made by Gorilla Glue (the company)? They make a bunch of different types of adhesives, many of which I absolutely would not have recommended for Game Golf tags.

Gorilla 100% Silicone Sealant (Clear).Β  I can take a picture, but my phone camera isn't in great shape (one of many reasons for a new phone soon).Β Β 

Don't worry, if this is not something I should have used for GG, I won't blame you.Β  I know the blame rests with me πŸ™‚Β 

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

• Administrator

So my round today was rained out, but I have a tee time tomorrow.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
22 hours ago, iacas said:

So my round today was rained out, but I have a tee time tomorrow.

Played nine holes.

I hit a 382-yard drive (and a 301 yard drive), but for some reason didn't get the 300-yard badge?

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 5.08.31 PM.png

I found editing the round to be okay. I kinda wish it was more full-screen, because you can't zoom in quite as far as you can on GAME Golf. This made it tougher to put the flag in the proper place.

Also, it kept telling me I hadn't "viewed" the third hole, but what happened there was that I threw a ball down because Ryan told me the ball up ahead (my 382-yard tee shot) wasn't a golf ball, so I threw one down and hit it… then saw it was my ball, so I played it. I deleted the 4I and kept the PW of course. But my 301-yard tee shot was on #8, so that should have gotten me a badge, there, too.

It's mildly annoying to have to take the little thing out of the holder to "tag" the hole location every time. I think I might just learn which button is 1 and which is 2 and keep it on my belt. Also, I wish there was a stronger way to clip it than a magnet.

I wish the Pro LX rangefinder had a magnet. Even using the Frogger magnetic cart strap thingΒ was a bit awkward because there are three buttons, so I had to put it way out toward the lens end. It worked fine.

I liked having the GPS yardages on the display. That's a nice upgrade to the GAME.

I didn't always feel the vibration. GAME beeped and while I'm glad this doesn't beep… It's a (small) pain to look at the screen to see if it tagged. My shirt hung over it a bit, too.

I only have nine holes in, so I'll hold off on sharing more of the stats.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

I got my first round in. I haven't used Game Golf in so long, I got out of the habit of tagging. Missed a few shots on the course, though it was pretty easy to edit in on my computer.

Like @iacas, I also felt the editor was just okay. I didn't have an issue with the map size, but I found scrolling up and down a lot a bit tedious. I had to mess around with adding shots and penalties, though, so I had to spend more time editing off the map.

The penalty functions weren't very intuitive. They seem to add an additional "deadΒ shot" (does not appear to track the distance for your stats) for counting purposes as well as a penalty stroke.Β The lost ball one makes sense, as it gives you a marker with an X on it so you can mark off where you hit the ball that was lost, then your next shot is from where you played your last stroke to where you play your next one. But the drop ball function seems to work the exact same way, which doesn't make sense. If I hit into a penalty area I'm likely not taking S&D, so in order to make it work score-wise, I ended up just deleting the original tracked shot. I don't know if I'm doing that correctly.

I didn't like tagging on my belt the way I used Game Golf. As Erik mentioned, the vibration is subtle and it doesn't beep. I often didn't know if it registered. Also the Game Golf unit was angledΒ so you can tag the club hanging down at your side naturally. Tagging the Shot Scope requires bringing the club perpendicular to the ground. It's awkward and I almost hit a playing partner today while tagging a putt because he was walking past me and didn't expect me to bring the club up like that. Next time I'm going to try wearing the unit on my left like I do my Garmin and tagging by bringing the unit to the club. I might even stop using the Garmin if the GPS on the H4 is good enough. Didn't get a chance to compare today because I forgot my Garmin.

I didn't know there was a pin marker function. I'm going to have to try that next time.

So far I like the data it presents. It seems more detailed than Game Golf. I'll form a more complete opinion of it as I play more rounds.

• Like 1
  • Informative 4

Bill

My Swing Thread

The putter tag will not go on my putter because I use Super Stroke putter grips.Β  The putter tags with adhesive backs are $30 on the Shot Scope website which seems a bit pricey. Because of this, I decided to cut the screw part off the putter tag I got with my device and glue use it as a ball marker when I played today. It actually worked really well so I am thinking about glueing it to a bigger, heavier, harder to lose ball marker and then just tagging with it instead of my putter.Β 

On 5/22/2022 at 11:39 AM, billchao said:

I didn't like tagging on my belt the way I used Game Golf. As Erik mentioned, the vibration is subtle and it doesn't beep. I often didn't know if it registered.

I could feel the vibration in my hands as I touched the tag to the unit. I did not feel it vibrating on my belt at all.

Driver:Β Β Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5Β  X-Stiff.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Irons:Β Β :callaway:Β 4-PW APEX TCB IronsΒ 
3Β Wood:Β :callaway:Β MavrikΒ SZ RogueΒ X-StiffΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

6 hours ago, NM Golf said:

The putter tag will not go on my putter because I use Super Stroke putter grips.Β  The putter tags with adhesive backs are $30 on the Shot Scope website which seems a bit pricey. Because of this, I decided to cut the screw part off the putter tag I got with my device and glue use it as a ball marker when I played today. It actually worked really well so I am thinking about glueing it to a bigger, heavier, harder to lose ball marker and then just tagging with it instead of my putter.Β 

I could feel the vibration in my hands as I touched the tag to the unit. I did not feel it vibrating on my belt at all.

I use Super Stroke grips with the counter weight. I just glued it to the weight after clipping the screw. It never fell off with GG. When I removed the GG tag, the SS counter weight cap was in perfect shape. I did the same for H4.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I use Super Stroke grips with the counter weight. I just glued it to the weight after clipping the screw. It never fell off with GG. When I removed the GG tag, the SS counter weight cap was in perfect shape. I did the same for H4.

I have a counter-weight and did a similar thing, though I left a bit of the screw nub because my counterweight is inside the end of the shaft, so there's still a little grip hole depth.

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Β 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I have a counter-weight and did a similar thing, though I left a bit of the screw nub because my counterweight is inside the end of the shaft, so there's still a little grip hole depth.

I have the same thing, a 50 gram counterweight. I considered glueing the tag to the putter, but I found having it as my marker was really easy. I just put my ball down, picked up the marker, and and tagged it. Not to mention I do have two putters I rotate into my bag from time to time, and it would be a pain to keep pulling off the tag. I also always use the same ball maker and divot tool every round so it will be easy to keep track of the tag.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

If you don't want to spend $30 for the adhesive backed putter tag, you can cut off the screw on the regular putter tag and use 3M auto emblem adhesive tape (around $10 for a roll) to stick it to the end of the grip.

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

10 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

If you don't want to spend $30 for the adhesive backed putter tag, you can cut off the screw on the regular putter tag and use 3M auto emblem adhesive tape (around $10 for a roll) to stick it to the end of the grip.

Ummm okay...

10 hours ago, NM Golf said:

The putter tag will not go on my putter because I use Super Stroke putter grips.Β  The putter tags with adhesive backs are $30 on the Shot Scope website which seems a bit pricey. Because of this, I decided to cut the screw part off the putter tag I got with my device and glue it...

Β 

Edited by NM Golf

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β