IGNORED

The Pro Tours Random Thoughts and Musings Thread

colin007

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

And for Harman, it’s the 47 waggles.

Meh..I'll be fine after I get my crystals re-aligned.

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/18/2024 at 9:06 AM, billchao said:

Wasn’t there some controversy in this tournament too with a drop he took?

Yea, i was  praying  he would  lose. 

Same dumb schtick since joining.

(edited)

Players ratings down. Its  not  because  of Tiger because  he didnt  play last  year either. My feeling ratings are down is  because its so boring seeing the  players  no longer challenged with difficult golf  courses due to the equipment making  jokes  of the  courses. My solution would  be  moving  back tee  boxes, deepening  bunkers, narrowing  fairways, converting  short  par 5's to par  4's and lining  fairways and  greens with deep thick rough. Too many birdies and eagles get  boring after awhile. It would  be  like watching  baseball and seeing  23 homeruns a game. Eventually its  meaningless.

"Last year, 4.14 million tuned in to see Scheffler cruise to a five-shot victory, but only 3.53 million watched the World No. 1 win at TPC Sawgrass on Sunday.

Even more disheartening for the tour and NBC is that this was the lowest-rated Players broadcast for any completed Sunday final round in a decade."

Edited by jxdama
adding
  • Thumbs Up 1

Same dumb schtick since joining.

So Wyndham Clark, admitted that the 3rd round ball movement incidence 'doesn't look great' when showed on TV when in the scoring room/tent. He said he didn't know or could tell at the time of the incidence that the ball moved when he grounded his club. Okay, I get it and I guess he gets a pass for not knowing.

But what I am not fully understanding is why did he not correct the score or DQ himself if already signed the card when it was brought to his attention? And for that matter, why didn't the rules officials assign a penalty? Did EVERYONE shrug their shoulders and move on? What am I missing here?

Vishal S.

29 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

So Wyndham Clark, admitted that the 3rd round ball movement incidence 'doesn't look great' when showed on TV when in the scoring room/tent. He said he didn't know or could tell at the time of the incidence that the ball moved when he grounded his club. Okay, I get it and I guess he gets a pass for not knowing.

But what I am not fully understanding is why did he not correct the score or DQ himself if already signed the card when it was brought to his attention? And for that matter, why didn't the rules officials assign a penalty? Did EVERYONE shrug their shoulders and move on? What am I missing here?

You can be rest assured the eyes will be on him now from the arm chair rules committee. PGAT needs another Patrick Reed.  

• Upvote 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

37 minutes ago, snapfade said:

You can be rest assured the eyes will be on him now from the arm chair rules committee. PGAT needs another Patrick Reed.  

Yah, but I'm still at total unrest with what has happened here. I'm hurting and I want answers and I want justice.Sniff.

• Funny 2

Vishal S.

4 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Check out rule 20.2c.  It may be that the officials decided that any movement noted from the long telephoto video was too small to have been seen by the naked eye.

• Informative 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

What happened to Justin Thomas today? Was it down to his putting?

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

He was wild off the tee a lot and had to do a few rescue shots. You’re not going to score well having to add strokes to get out of trouble. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Never cared of Malnati. I think its the hat. Good for him though. 

Charlie Woods debut AJGA +21 which tied him for 32nd out of 51. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

Lucas Glover’s wife, Krista, 36, was arrested after allegedly attacking Glover and his mother after he missed the 54-hole cut at The Players Championship, Saturday. Krista Glover was released on $2,500 bail after spending the night...

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Lucas Glover’s wife, Krista, 36, was arrested after allegedly attacking Glover and his mother after he missed the 54-hole cut at The Players Championship, Saturday. Krista Glover was released on $2,500 bail after spending the night...

The article is six years old, you know, right?

Heck they were still playing the Players in May when that article was published.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 3/21/2024 at 6:37 PM, jxdama said:

Players ratings down. Its  not  because  of Tiger because  he didnt  play last  year either. My feeling ratings are down is  because its so boring seeing the  players  no longer challenged with difficult golf  courses due to the equipment making  jokes  of the  courses. My solution would  be  moving  back tee  boxes, deepening  bunkers, narrowing  fairways, converting  short  par 5's to par  4's and lining  fairways and  greens with deep thick rough. Too many birdies and eagles get  boring after awhile. It would  be  like watching  baseball and seeing  23 homeruns a game. Eventually its  meaningless.

"Last year, 4.14 million tuned in to see Scheffler cruise to a five-shot victory, but only 3.53 million watched the World No. 1 win at TPC Sawgrass on Sunday.

Even more disheartening for the tour and NBC is that this was the lowest-rated Players broadcast for any completed Sunday final round in a decade."

I am all for making the course much more challenging.
I want to see the best golfers play the hardest courses and see who rises to the challenge.
Watching a golfer will at -20 is tantamount to the NBA all star game. No defense all offense and boring as can be. 

YMMV

• Thumbs Up 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Heck they were still playing the Players in May when that article was published.

This popped up on GolfWrx this morning. Well don't I feel silly.

• Funny 2

22 hours ago, iacas said:

I was wondering the same thing, I was like "How does this happen again??"

Colin P.

14 hours ago, jxdama said:

Nelly Korda  on a  hot  streak. Won last  3 starts and all in comeback fashion

Are you going to hold the same energy towards the LPGA Tour that you have towards the PGA Tour whenever the winning score is well below par?

Winning score was -20 and the cut was -4.

You claimed that The Players was "easy peasy" and the winning score there was -20 with the cut at -1.

The Players had much better weather too, so the fact that the winning score at the LPGA event was -20 despite poor conditions means that it was even easier than the event you called "easy peasy" on the PGA Tour.

On 3/15/2024 at 1:33 PM, jxdama said:

Back to the same  ol easy  peasy this week. If a sand trap isnt a  penalty why are they even on a  course?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash