IGNORED

2023 Masters

DaveP043

28 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Holy shit!

Holy shit is right, that's honestly incredible nobody was killed

I was thinking that about the planting, can they transplant massive trees like that though?

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Trying to remember my soil mechanics classes from college. In the video, it didn’t seem all that windy. Hope everyone got out of the way. 

Well knowing Augusta it wasn’t even a real tree….🙂

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

@colin007 So…what’s your take on Sam Bennett’s divot he wears on his chin?😃

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Was crazy the trees didn’t hit anyone, thank goodness.  A couple of us at work had the question though… what if it hit you and broke your leg, but you’d recover… Try for future tickets?  Try for a couple rounds?

Saw this recently, seems like a pretty cool responsibility to take on.  Didn’t know “markers” existed until reading this.  Obviously you need to have some game to do it though, to fit in with the pros.

8c9070de-e331-44df-a802-e1cf218672ff-USA

With Thursday's withdrawal by Kevin Na, non-competing marker Michael McDermott made his Masters debut Friday, playing alongside Mike Weir in Round 2

Edited by Denny Bang Bang

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Well knowing Augusta it wasn’t even a real tree….🙂

3D-printed.

• Funny 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 hour ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

Didn’t know “markers” existed until reading this

Really? You’d never heard of Knox? I believe there are stories about him winning some coin off some pros over his years. He was quite a good stick from what I’ve read.

41 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Really? You’d never heard of Knox? I believe there are stories about him winning some coin off some pros over his years. He was quite a good stick from what I’ve read.

Nope.  Sounds pretty cool though 

7 hours ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

Was crazy the trees didn’t hit anyone, thank goodness.  A couple of us at work had the question though… what if it hit you and broke your leg, but you’d recover… Try for future tickets?  Try for a couple rounds?

Saw this recently, seems like a pretty cool responsibility to take on.  Didn’t know “markers” existed until reading this.  Obviously you need to have some game to do it though, to fit in with the pros.

8c9070de-e331-44df-a802-e1cf218672ff-USA

With Thursday's withdrawal by Kevin Na, non-competing marker Michael McDermott made his Masters debut Friday, playing alongside Mike Weir in Round 2

Dream job! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Stevie T

• Administrator

Yeah, Jeff Knox was a stick.

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Weather looks sketchy today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Weather looks sketchy today.

Totally clear, dry as a bone

• Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Birdie for the Big Cat

Scott

My Swing Thread

I know it's just luck of the draw, but dudes playing their second round back 9 yesterday vs the guys today is just....idk

10 hours ago, Vinsk said:

@colin007 So…what’s your take on Sam Bennett’s divot he wears on his chin?😃

Lol he's young and stupid. I had that exact same goatee thingy for about a month when I was in high school but I've grown and become wiser in my old age 🙂

Colin P.

At present it looks like a two horse race between Koepka and Rahm.  I was really hoping for Rory to make it because he is my favourite, but after him I respect Woods and like Koepka.  With Koepka it is his big game attitude and disinterest in the minor tournaments that intrigues me.  I wouldn't have any problem with him winning though I wouldn't enjoy the PR and gloating that would go on post that

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

JT will be singing “ That’s what friends are for” to Tiger in the Clubhouse.

Scott

My Swing Thread

54 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I know it's just luck of the draw, but dudes playing their second round back 9 yesterday vs the guys today is just....idk

Lol he's young and stupid. I had that exact same goatee thingy for about a month when I was in high school but I've grown and become wiser in my old age 🙂

I wonder how long Cameron Smith will be young.

42 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

At present it looks like a two horse race between Koepka and Rahm.  I was really hoping for Rory to make it because he is my favourite, but after him I respect Woods and like Koepka.  With Koepka it is his big game attitude and disinterest in the minor tournaments that intrigues me.  I wouldn't have any problem with him winning though I wouldn't enjoy the PR and gloating that would go on post that

Still half the tournament left and inclement weather to boot. They sure look good up there, but golf is golf.

• Funny 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

JT will be singing “ That’s what friends are for” to Tiger in the Clubhouse.

Tiger will even tee off at the same time as the leaders. 😁 Granted at the 10th and 15 off the lead, but at least he’s playing. Still holding on to his cuts made streak. Now there’s no pressure to win, so maybe he can play some fun golf out there. Don’t know if the cold is helping his body. Boy, that car crash was unfortunate and unnecessary. He had enough issues before. He’s back and out there on the tour now and then, makes you wonder what if he avoided that accident.

Like his last nine in 2020. IIRC, he wasn’t in contention before hitting his tee shot at 12.

IMG_0648.jpeg

Couples is now the oldest to make the cut, bumping Langer down to 2nd with several months.

Edited by Zeph
  • Thumbs Up 1