IGNORED

Push Carts

MembersBounce

So a couple of things, first I play with a couple of guys who always walk and I would like to start doing the same and was looking at the Omada Trilite. For those of you that are walkers with your own push cart do you have any thoughts on that cart and/or do you have any recommendations? I provided a link below of the cart.

Also, I was thinking about getting one that has a stool attachment, but out on the course I have never seen anyone use that attachment before so, I was wondering if there is some kind of code where that’s thought poorly of to have a seat attached to your push cart.  

Anyways, thanks for reading and providing any insights.

https://www.golfgalaxy.com/p/omada-golf-trilite-push-cart-21wcfumdtrltpshcrcrt/21wcfumdtrltpshcrcrt?PDPShare=1

Driver: :ping: G425 Max
3 & 5 Wood: :ping: G425 Max
4 Hybrid:ping: G425
Irons 5-P: :ping: G425
Wedges: :ping: 4.0 Glide (50, 54, 58)
Putter: :ping: Prime Tyne 4

Ball: :titleist:  Tour Speed

8 minutes ago, MembersBounce said:

Also, I was thinking about getting one that has a stool attachment, but out on the course I have never seen anyone use that attachment before so, I was wondering if there is some kind of code where that’s thought poorly of to have a seat attached to your push cart. 

Most people who walk are relatively quick, so I don't see walkers sitting down much. But if you're not slowing down play, for instance if you're waiting on the tee or at your ball ready to hit, I don't think anyone cares if you sit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would go with Clicgear.

m4_cart_white_600x600_crop_center.png?v=

Focused on durability and function, our awarding winning 3-wheel cart stands above the rest. New silicone bag strap system New adjustable upper...

I've had mine for 3 years now. It still folds up perfectly, nothing is bent, the wheels are still perfectly aligned. To me, the push cart, and it has a TON of attachments. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, MembersBounce said:

I was wondering if there is some kind of code where that’s thought poorly of to have a seat attached to your push cart.  

My regular guys are walkers and push cart-users and nobody had anything bad to say about our guy with the attached seat. It honestly never would have occurred to me.

It's probably come in handy for the man as well. Once, the weather gets consistently decent, that course will be packed. Taking a load off while waiting at the usual choke points sounds like a pretty good idea to me. We got a few tee boxes with benches, but not all of them.

Edited by mcanadiens
  • Thumbs Up 1

So a couple of things, first I play with a couple of guys who always walk and I would like to start doing the same and was looking at the Omada Trilite. For those of you that are walkers with your own push cart do you have any thoughts on that cart and/or do you have any recommendations? I provided a link below of the cart.

Anyways, thanks for reading and providing any insights.

https://www.golfgalaxy.com/p/omada-golf-trilite-push-cart-21wcfumdtrltpshcrcrt/21wcfumdtrltpshcrcrt?PDPShare=1

I do not know that particular cart but as for the seat, do what makes you happy (within the rules of course).

I've looked at the seat attachment for my Click Gear but was concerned it would be a little low to the ground for me but then I've never seen it in real life so it may be better than I give it credit form.  I will tell you, my Click Gear is very well built and I have had zero problems and some others on my league also have Click Gear and have never told me of a problem with them.  They are not a "Low Cost" cart, but I feel you get what you pay for and I am very happy with the Click Gear.

• Thumbs Up 2

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

We have a longer topic here, too:

I have four of them (plus some others), and the ClicGear is the best.

My daughter uses her seat all the time. In fact, I just bought her a second seat cover because her old one had worn out enough (from the sun, mostly - it's still comfortable and works fine).

I like them, and they're detachable, so… you can use it on the days you want to use it, and leave it in the car if you're the second group out and don't figure to be waiting much at all.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have a Clicgear, and it's fine.  Sturdy, well made.  My only issue is that it's pretty bulky.  Takes up a lot of space in my not-very-big trunk.

As far as the seat goes, I've seen a lot of kids with them at junior tournaments.  The pace of play in those events is so slow that the seat comes in handy.

• Like 1

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

If you want something with a seat, the ClicGear is definitely the sturdiest of the bunch.

I'm a bit lazy, and I don't like having multiple buttons and latches involved in the folding and unfolding process for a push cart so I bought a Bag Boy Nitron. It has one locking lever for the handle height/angle, and that's it. Takes me legitimately 2-3 seconds to deploy or re-fold back up with the gas spring assist mechanism. I've had one of mine for 3.5 years now (bought it early 2020) and have played several hundred rounds of golf with it, and the second one I bought last year when I initially forgot my push cart at my old golf course during a cross-country move and that one has seen at least 50 or so rounds on it. Both of them still working great, only minor problem is on the first one I did catch the fabric pouch under the handle on something once when putting it away in the car and one corner of it tore but that happened in 2021 and it still hasn't ripped any further since to actually cause an issue. My only complaint of any kind would be that it's not quite as stable as some of the lower or wider push cart options like the ClicGear, but realistically I've only been on 2 different courses that had steep enough hills all over the place for it to ever even matter (it still has to be really steep for it to be any concern at all).

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a Sun Mountain Pathfinder 4. It’s fine. I wanted a ClicGear but they were out of stock at the time. I would have preferred the three wheels over the four but I needed it to fold down smaller so that’s why I ended up with the Pathfinder 4.

I do have a seat and it’s great for when pace of play is slow. Being able to sit down where I want instead of where the benches happen to be is a bonus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Congratulations on walking the course, which I do often. I have several 2 wheel pull carts and several 3 wheel push carts at my 2 homes. I often switch between them since both offer unique advantages. 3 wheel push carts handle big heavier bags better, but are harder to push up steep inclines - I often find myself dragging them up the slope using only the back 2 wheels. And, if you don't engage the brake, they can roll into the pond when you are not looking. Trust me, it happens. 2 wheel pull carts are fine with lighter bags and they don't require brakes.

My favorite cart? I has to be the cheap Walter Hagen cart that was available at Dicks / Golf Galaxy years ago. It has a removable 3rd wheel, so you can use it as a 2 wheel pull cart or a 3 wheel push card. And, it has skinny wheels, which makes it easier to push or pull than those with "wide" tires. Doesn't look "cool" but it is the easiest to push/pull and the easiest to maneuver than any cart I've found. 

• Upvote 1

I came to the pushcart game rather late. I was intrigued by the Bag Boy Nitron automatic unfolding. Very cool video. Ultimately I decided to go with a lesser Bag Boy offering (Compact 3). Through 20+ rounds it has worked well. I played a very hilly course recently and the cart and I both performed without an issue.

I like the idea of a seat attachment if the cart can handle the weight. It seems like many courses are eliminating benches at each tee and I end up sitting on rocks or walls.

The nicest looking pushcart is the Walker Trolley. It was too pricey for me and the reviews tended to talk about it being a bit top heavy.

240158669_6179550975419782_4585416537874807750_n.jpg.ab82512b44140f705e0c11d0a8ea9002.jpg

Edited by bkuehn1952
  • Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

• Administrator

Yep!

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Clic gear has the best reputation for sturdiness and has a lot of add-ons.

One thing to think of is the storage space and how big your trunk is. I went from a 2 wheel pull cart that fit easily with my clubs in the trunk, to a 3 wheel one that took up too much space for my liking. I now have an Amazon brand of the big max blade ip. I like that it fits behind my seat in the car and I could probably put it in the trunk if I absolutely need to. I am sacrificing the ability for add-ons aside from an umbrella.

• D1-SIM MAX D 9° Diamana pd 50 reg lofted down 1 click 
  • D2-SIM MAX D 10.5° project x riptide cb 50 reg lofted up 2 clicks
  • 5w- Radspeed motore f3 
  • 3H- Tour Edge Exotics e722 kbs hybrid stiff
  • 4-5h tour edge exotics ex9
  • 6-AW- Cleveland launcher xl Nippon Zelos 7
  • 56°-Cleveland CBX Zipcore
  • P-Odyssey eleven tour lined slant neck

6 hours ago, roejye said:

Clic gear has the best reputation for sturdiness and has a lot of add-ons.

One thing to think of is the storage space and how big your trunk is. I went from a 2 wheel pull cart that fit easily with my clubs in the trunk, to a 3 wheel one that took up too much space for my liking. I now have an Amazon brand of the big max blade ip. I like that it fits behind my seat in the car and I could probably put it in the trunk if I absolutely need to. I am sacrificing the ability for add-ons aside from an umbrella.

My Clic Gear 4.0 folds up really small. I’ve never had a problem with it being too big.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I have this one. Had it now for a couple years. No regrets. Folds easily. Light. Easy to maneuver. What's not to love?

rv1s-pushcart-slide1.jpg

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• Administrator
  • ClicGear Rovic RV1S: 24 x 15 x 13
  • ClicGear 4.0: 24 x 15 x 13
  • ClicGear 8.0: 27 x 17 x 15
  • BagBoy Nitron: 22 x 19 x 13.5
  • Sun Mountain PX3: 26 x 16 x 14
  • Sun Mountain V1R 3: 37 x 16 x 13

Sun Mountain didn't list the folded sizes of their push carts, so I got those from Amazon.

Those saying the ClicGear are too big… I don't know what they're seeing, really.

• Informative 1

I agree, I had a Sun Mountain before ClicGear and it folded up into the same size. Over the course of a couple of years, the one leg started to not stay in the most collapsed position. This caused it to take up more space. 

All push carts are about the same size. So, it would stand to reason they would all collapse into nearly the same size. Give or take a few inches here or there. What I like about ClicGear is that it STAYS in its folded position. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: