IGNORED

Rolling Chairs to Help "Explode" in "Load and Explode"

iacas

• Administrator

In my bigger and recent "hip slide/sway" topic, I wrote:

On 2/7/2023 at 8:32 PM, iacas said:

I often call this whole move "Load and Explode." As you fall, you "land" on your lead leg quads/hamstring. After you've lowered onto that side a bit, the lead knee extends quickly, almost violently, to push the lead hip back (away from the ball) and to really spike the rotation rates later in the downswing. You get a lot of good things out of this, some parametric acceleration, good GRF, etc.

I've used a few different ideas for the "explode" part of "load and explode," but this video from Chasing Scratch illustrates it pretty well:

I like the rolling chair, and picked one up:

https://amzn.to/3ooxOw0

Give this a try, and share here what you think.

• Informative 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Rolling Chairs to Help "Explode" in "Load and Explode"

Hilarious when the 53 year old chiropractor is talking trash about how much farther he rolled away on the stool. 

Overall, good video. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Good video. But it’s like when they show a ripped fitness guy using a new exercise device. Not really that helpful. I wanna see a stiff, pot-bellied balooka, with an awful swing work with these guys. I know just the guy for it…..😃

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I liked the video and the drill. I should try it sometime 😉

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Finally got to watch this. 

Interestingly enough, this is pretty close to what Yoda was working with me on in my last GEAR's session. A lot of what Greg was saying in this video echoed things Yoda was working with me on. 

We didn't use rolling chairs. But that was pretty much the results he was trying to help me achieve. We kind of got there in a different way.

Normally, I try my best to avoid adopting any "Youtube lessons". However, I kind of feel like this one is endorsed by my swing coach so I'm going to give this a try today. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
10 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Normally, I try my best to avoid adopting any "Youtube lessons". However, I kind of feel like this one is endorsed by my swing coach so I'm going to give this a try today. 

It is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 5/22/2023 at 11:49 AM, Vinsk said:

Good video. But it’s like when they show a ripped fitness guy using a new exercise device. Not really that helpful. I wanna see a stiff, pot-bellied balooka, with an awful swing work with these guys. I know just the guy for it…..😃

What is a balooka!?! 🤣

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

9 hours ago, mdl said:

What is a balooka!?! 🤣

A cousin of a palooka.

• Funny 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, mdl said:

What is a balooka!?! 🤣

Probably a guy that shanks the ball a lot.

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Thanks for the drill. Was fun doing that with my computer chair (with awesome lumbar support I might add) across my living room floor 😄

In other news, thanks for introducing me to the Chasing Scratch Podcast. I just finished Episode 6: the Offseason. Funny chronicle with people like Michael Breed and Sasho MacKenzie making appearances in the journey. 

• Upvote 1

Constantine

This is a really good video and selfishly leaves me with some questions.  Does the pushing of the chair drill address the timing of the frontal plane torque? Or, just improve how he uses horizontal torque? 

Brandon Fox

Rochester, NY

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, bjfox10 said:

This is a really good video and selfishly leaves me with some questions.  Does the pushing of the chair drill address the timing of the frontal plane torque? Or, just improve how he uses horizontal torque? 

Very little of the timing, much more of the horizontal torque feel. You aren't launching yourself OFF the chair (upward), you're shoving yourself horizontally on the chair.

When the office is empty, and you try this out with your office chair 😉

Maybe not the best when your chair has cheap wheels, and it is on floor with carpet tiles. Definitely feel it in my left hamstring. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: