IGNORED

2023 British Open

Beastie

Most years around this time, I wake up and have some coffee, and watch major championship golf.  It's a great combination.

I tuned in just in time to see what was apparently the second consecutive birdie for Harman. 

Wow, that waggle count.  Thirteen.  Remember when the crowd counted for Sergio at the Open a number of years ago?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have never pulled so hard for someone not to win as I have for Harman. I'd rather Patrick Reed to win or Fleetwood. But this isn't a real Open Championship, it's not being played in Scotland, it's where the game was invented ya know, except they call if gof without the "l".

If Harman wins, he will become a "notable" in a short time.

Edited by snapfade

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Mixed news for Rahm, as he holed his approach shot, but it was a sprinkler head not the cup.

(For anyone who didn't see it, the sprinkler head kept the ball near the green, so this was a good break)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

33 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Wow, that waggle count.  Thirteen.  Remember when the crowd counted for Sergio at the Open a number of years ago?

Yeah, for those wondering, my reasons for disliking Harman are completely nonsense, like the fact that he's the size of a child and left handed and looks like he's using his dad's clubs and today he's wearing his dad's pants, but my non-nonsense reason is the waggle/re-gripping. That's unacceptable

Colin P.

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Yeah, for those wondering, my reasons for disliking Harman are completely nonsense, like the fact that he's the size of a child and left handed and looks like he's using his dad's clubs and today he's wearing his dad's pants, but my non-nonsense reason is the waggle/re-gripping. That's unacceptable

I don't dislike Harman.  I wonder if they'd have done the waggle count if it were, say, McIlroy or Spieth.

Speaking of which, McIlroy horseshoed a par putt as I typed that. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

qs7jjxhekgs61.jpg

• Funny 3

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

Well there has been some good golf but it is wetter than an otters pocket

Stevie T

Now all Straka needs to do is get an Ace on 17 and eagle 18 and this tournament will be interesting again.

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Harman obviously had best tournament and deserved to win. Gives hope to short guys like me :-)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

3 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Harman obviously had best tournament and deserved to win. Gives hope to short guys like me :-)

Harman knows how to grip the club in his fingers and can putt 😉

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

MEMO: All days off are canceled for putting coaches in the Jupiter area until further notice.

• Funny 1

Not even Jean van de Velde can lose this tournament now.

3 hours ago, billchao said:

Harman can probably shoot 75 today and still win this.

Called it.

Bill

My Swing Thread

16 minutes ago, billchao said:

Harman knows how to grip the club in his fingers and can putt 😉

Hhahhahahah - dang, tough crowd :-)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Everyone's making putts on the 18th green today.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Well, that was a bit meh. Augusta next.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Zeph said:

Well, that was a bit meh. Augusta next.

In only a little over eight months!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Kudos to Harman. He didn’t succumb to the pressure two days in a row. The weather stunk and he played 4 of the best rounds. Deserving winner. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave