IGNORED

Phil Mickelson Topic

boogielicious

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.apnews.com%2Ff

Phil Mickelson says he won't be betting on football this year. Lefty has posted a message on social...

And to prove it, he’s bet $50,000 that he won’t gamble again!

• Funny 5

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What would he fill the hole with? I was going to suggest he take up golf but then... I.. well.. umm..nevermind.Maybe he will pull it off.

Wish him luck.

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

Most people don't have what it takes to quit an addiction. Phil isn't an average Joe, I hope he succeeds in his quest, or at least be man enough to not drug down with him family and friends.

19 hours ago, boogielicious said:

And to prove it, he’s bet $50,000 that he won’t gamble again!

Ahaha ! Odds are 1..2% in his favor. I definitively take that bet!    

Now I'm not much of a gambler, but seems to me he's doing it backwards. F3LPJc5bUAEewgs.jpg

Edited by snapfade

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Phil has made himself very dislikable over the past several years. It doesn't change the fact that gambling addiction is a very real problem for some people.

A major step in any addiction is admitting you have a problem. 

For the sake of those around him if not the man himself, I hope he gets better. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, snapfade said:

Now I'm not much of a gambler, but seems to me he's doing it backwards.

What makes you say that?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

What makes you say that?

The way the graphic reads, to me, is that he bet 110k to win a bet that only pays out 100k and so forth. If it said he bet 110k and only won 100k, 1,115 times that would imply something different. First interpretation is he's not a good gambler, second interpretation is just bad luck.  

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

6 hours ago, snapfade said:

The way the graphic reads, to me, is that he bet 110k to win a bet that only pays out 100k and so forth. If it said he bet 110k and only won 100k, 1,115 times that would imply something different. First interpretation is he's not a good gambler, second interpretation is just bad luck.  

He will get his stake back if he wins so £110k returns £100k in winnings leaving him £210k net. So it’s still a winning bet. 

Edited by Beastie

Stevie T

6 hours ago, snapfade said:

Bets on the favorites are usually priced this way, and underdogs on the money line.

Edited by Clemsonfan
Improved explanation

This is why I don’t gamble. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
8 hours ago, snapfade said:

Yeah, he gets his $110k back.

-110 means you bet 110 to win (in addition to your 110) 100.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I take @boogielicious position. 

19 hours ago, colin007 said:

Couldn't care less. It's not a real problem.

I was wondering if you were going to expand upon this?

Gambling is a very real problem for a lot of people, Phil included. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

35 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I was wondering if you were going to expand upon this?

Gambling is a very real problem for a lot of people, Phil included. 

I can agree with @ChetlovesMer in it not being a real problem as far as world problems go, like the price of gas, inflation, natural disasters. Phil not gambling anymore is not going to lower the price of gas. It is, however, a real problem for the gambling addict and those around them that area affected by it.  Him blowing a bunch of money on bets didn't take food off the table, but I'm sure for every one Phil there area dozens of folks that it did.