IGNORED

The Ryder Cup Ticket Prices

ChetlovesMer

So, The Ryder Cup.

$750 per ticket, which includes food and nonalcoholic beverages, is that too much? 

Are ticket prices too high for the 2025 Ryder Cup? Yes. But it reflects reality.

We confirmed this with PGA of America Ryder Cup director Bryan Karns. The Ryder Cup+ ticket, which includes unlimited food and nonalcoholic beverages, is the only option for fans who want to see the competition. Karns shared the following: “The Ryder Cup+ ticket is the only grounds/general admission ticket that will be available, and there won’t be a ticket for sale without that amenity. 

So, The Ryder Cup.

$750 per ticket, which includes food and nonalcoholic beverages, is that too much? 

I've heard some folks saying they think this will ruin The Ryder Cup as it will only be the ultra-rich at the event and they don't feel like it will have a raucous Ryder-cup like atmosphere. Instead it will be a much more reserved country club style crowd. My thoughts are for me it turns it into much more a buddy-trip type experience. If I was going to attend, it wouldn't be a bring the family style event. It would be one of those get a couple of golf pals together and we each pay our own way.

I could see it working out. Maybe you skip getting a new driver this off-season and instead go see the Ryder Cup?

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Unless you go on Sunday, you're paying $750 to watch 4 groups of golfers (eight total) play on average about 16 holes of golf. The "four at a time" thing is important, though, because how 50,000 people (they'll get way more than that) can even watch four matches… it just doesn't happen that way.

So unless you get to a hole you think is pivotal early, and sit there all day, you might see… ten golf shots from a decent vantage point all day?

And the lines for food and drink… you think those will be short?

It's a huge cost. Ridiculous.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Unless you go on Sunday, you're paying $750 to watch 4 groups of golfers (eight total) play on average about 16 holes of golf. The "four at a time" thing is important, though, because how 50,000 people (they'll get way more than that) can even watch four matches… it just doesn't happen that way.

So unless you get to a hole you think is pivotal early, and sit there all day, you might see… ten golf shots from a decent vantage point all day?

And the lines for food and drink… you think those will be short?

It's a huge cost. Ridiculous.

You make very good points. 

My understanding is the last US hosted Ryder Cup cost $185.00 per ticket. (Did not include food and beverages). So, for fun lets say it's 100 bucks for food and beverage. Then the increase would be $185 up to $650. ... or a 351% increase. ... If you just look at inflation the cost should be around $230. 

Personally, I've never been to a Ryder Cup. So, I can't speak to the experience. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I can't comment on RC ticket as never been there but if you want a random comparison, this year my son and I went to Madison Square Garden for a UFC night for his birthday. Tickets were $780 each, nothing included. Watched 15+ fights over 6 hours. Our seats were back on the third level so nothing special.

Before the night I thought prices were ridiculous. After, I thought they were still high but didn't feel like robbery or anything. Decent value. 

I suppose RC experience would be a solid one even with limited visibility of actual golf. But I am finding live special events are routinely coming at 3-4 times what I used to think they should be. And it's not just the dynamic pricing effect.

Vishal S.

• Administrator

Playoff baseball tickets cost… I think PJ on Shotgun Start paid $210 to watch the Mets. Not lower bowl seats behind home plate, but… again, you're not getting close to or seeing all that many shots in the Ryder Cup, either.

I think the increase in just four years is the most damning stuff here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets