IGNORED

How Many Courses Have You Played?

38 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

I have a spreadsheet that I keep a list of every course I've played. Right now I'm at 303. Hopefully add a few more to that this year. I have played over 100 courses in the US and in England. I've also played in Wales, Scotland, Ireland, France, Portugal, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Australia and Barbados. I'm unlikely to add to my country count in the near future I suspect.

Thats amazing. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

Thats amazing. 

It helps that I've lived in two different countries (US and UK) for a substantial amount of time.

I would say i have played close to 50 with some in the world's top 10!

Royal Country Down

Royal Portrush

Pine Valley

Merion

Shinnecock 

Oakmont 

among others. Nothing beats my home club for everyday play Philadelphia Country Club.

I have played 133 courses including 18 in USA, 15 in England and 8 in Scotland. Odd ones in Sweden, Austria, Portugal, Spain and Croatia and most of the rest in Australia. 6 Open Championship courses but missing Hoylake, St Georges and Muirfield. Favorites are Carnoustie, Pebble Beach, Bandon Dunes, PGA Catalunya, and Royal Melbourne. Ireland is my blank spot but will fix that v. soon. Also Dornoch. I buy a ball at the good courses and a shirt from the bargain bin. I have close to 50 shirts. Wife says no more!

On 5/1/2008 at 8:42 PM, sabram said:

I've played more than 450 courses in 28 U.S. states plus Canada, England and Scotland. Next week I'll be adding 4 more to the list, :-) the two at Whistling Straits and the two at BalckWolf Run. I travel a few times a year for business and for an organization I do volunteer work for and always bring my clubs and try to play a few nice courses in every city I visit. Decidin where to play is part of the fun. About 5 years ago I started collecting logo balls from each course I play. I also sent envelopes and checks to about 100 courses I had played previously asking them to send me a logo ball from their course. Every single course responded by sending a ball. Some returned my check, others sent change, others sent other stuff like ball markers. Golfers are pretty cool that way. The pro at the Olympic club even sent a hand drawn club logo. My den is decorated with the golf balls in display cases and photos I have taken of some of my favorite courses. I had kept a list of every course I've played including dates and who I played with but my computer crashed a few years ago and I lost the list. :~(

On 5/1/2008 at 11:41 PM, gortyl said:

Now THIS is my kind of guy right here. This is what I've been waiting for....I knew someone out there had to have some crazy number under their belt. I do the exact same thing as far as always trying to bring my clubs when I travel for business, or pleasure for that matter (unless I'm doing multiple cities the same week which unfortunately I do quite a bit). That's a great idea about sending the checks to the courses where you didn't get a ball. I have a list of 15 or so courses where I forgot to get one or lost it between the course and home, so I'll try your strategy since they're all over the place. I, too, have a list with the month/year and a sentence or two about who I played with (even if it's a stranger) and a tidbit about the course. That's cool man. I think I'll get to 450 eventually, but it'll take me another decade or so. And by then you'll probably be at 750! I'll be over 180 by year's end after really not playing serious golf until around 2003 and I'm "only" 34, so I've got the years in front of me. Awesome stuff. Thanks for posting!!

I just saw these posts which are just a few months shy of ten years old. I did recently hit 750 courses played. Gorty, you were a fortune teller :-) I've now played in 42 U.S. states and nine countries. I've also photographed almost 500 courses. Here's a link to my Flickr page that holds more than 20,000 golf course photoe that I've taken. Sabram's Golf Course photos

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

Earlier this year @Ty_Webb posted in here that he had a spreadsheet that kept up with all of his courses he had played (over 300 at the time). I loved that idea a lot, and since I am a bit of a course collector I thought I would build for me. I have been keeping up with a sheet for myself and just a week or two ago I hit 50 golf courses played total (lifetime, not this year). Small number, but a milestone for me nonetheless. Here it is: 

Golf Courses Played.xlsx

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

Earlier this year @Ty_Webb posted in here that he had a spreadsheet that kept up with all of his courses he had played (over 300 at the time). I loved that idea a lot, and since I am a bit of a course collector I thought I would build for me. I have been keeping up with a sheet for myself and just a week or two ago I hit 50 golf courses played total (lifetime, not this year). Small number, but a milestone for me nonetheless. Here it is: 

Golf Courses Played.xlsx

I created a spreadsheet, too, but I'm probably missing 75% of the courses I've played. Or 50%. I open it from time to time and jot down some new ones. It's at just over 100 some right now. 123. Just checked and added one course I'd forgotten about.

The real number is probably 260 to 270?

Which is f***ing crazy, if you think about it.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The real number is probably 260 to 270?

Which is f***ing crazy, if you think about it.

Yeah no doubt. And to think there are people out there that have hit even more astronomical numbers. I have read of a few guys that have played at or over 1,000. Now that's just crazy (but awesome).

• 1 month later...

After my Florida trip, I am now up to 360 courses played over 23 states and 3 Countries (Canada, Mexico and Philippines) 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I wish I would have kept track on all the courses I've played over the years. I travelled for business for most of my career, always carrying my golf clubs with me. Played from California to New Jersey. Played from Texas to Minnesota. Always looked for different courses. We took a yearly trip to Myrtle Beach every year and played different courses than the ones we played the year before, If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say in excess of 500 different course so far in my lifetime.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

I approximated 152. Which is more than I thought.

Broke it down by state:

NJ - 20

PA - 10

SC - 101 (most in Myrtle Beach)

NC - 13

GA - 4

FL - 1

CA - 2

NV - 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

• 6 months later...

42.  Several of the RTJ Trail courses in Alabama, and Bear's Best in Atlanta were the most spectacular.

Edited by bwdial

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Wow! You guys are impressive. I wish I had kept a count, but in my 50+ years, it's way too many to remember. I have kept up with courses I've played that have hosted men's major championships. In no particular order they are: The Old Course (St. Andrews), Oakland Hills, Pinehurst #2, The Ocean Course at Kiawah, Tanglewood and Quail Hollow,  I had a chance at Oakmont, but that fell through two days before I was to play. My chance to play Augusta National was also canceled abruptly. I'm hoping to add Carnoustie to the list as we're planning a trip across the pond in a couple of years.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/23/2017 at 3:39 AM, gatsby47 said:

I have been playing for over 40 years,  Played in all the provinces except Newfoundland.  Played in Myrtle Beach and the PeeDee Swamp Fox area and have played over 50 courses there. Some are no longer there even lol.  Played in Hawaii on Maui at the Dunes there and I have played in Maine.  I have  played in Washington and in Florida.  But having been an Ontario child of god and and now a relocated New Brunswick senior,  I have these pretty much blanket covered. I used to collect Bag tags. Too noisy on the bags clacking away. If I really like a new course, I will keep a score card.  My calculated totals are up over  300.   No bucket lists any more.  But I will get to Ireland in the next couple of years and play one at least.

I hear you on the bag tags. I have a few from the "famous" courses I have played. They "clacked" around on the bag so much that I couldn't stand it! So, I took them off and have them stashed in the house, God knows where!

On 2/7/2018 at 7:45 PM, Billsy said:

I would say i have played close to 50 with some in the world's top 10!

Royal Country Down

Royal Portrush

Pine Valley

Merion

Shinnecock 

Oakmont 

among others. Nothing beats my home club for everyday play Philadelphia Country Club.

Please tell us what Pine Valley and Royal County Down were like! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2018 at 10:13 PM, sabram said:

I just saw these posts which are just a few months shy of ten years old. I did recently hit 750 courses played. Gorty, you were a fortune teller :-) I've now played in 42 U.S. states and nine countries. I've also photographed almost 500 courses. Here's a link to my Flickr page that holds more than 20,000 golf course photoe that I've taken. Sabram's Golf Course photos

This is the second update over twelve years. I'm now over 900 courses in 48 U.S. States and 13 countries. I've photographed almost 600 courses and now have 26,000 golf course photos on my Flickr page SAbram's Golf Course photos

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• iacas changed the title to How Many Courses Have You Played?
On 5/10/2016 at 7:30 AM, sarena1594 said:

Is there a way you keep track of every course you play?  I know I wouldn't be able to remember all of them once the number got that high.

Same for @jsgolfer

Golf courses are something I usually can remember, some even hole by hole.  As I said in my post, may have missed some.  The states/countries I have not lived in, the numbers are small and I remember those well.  To get my number for Alabama for instance, I went to the list of golf courses in Alabama and added up the ones I knew for sure I had played.  Did the same for Texas and Southern California area.  As far as South Carolina was concerned, in the Myrtle Beach area there are only 4 courses I have never played because I have to have someone get me on there.  I also counted the MB courses that I played that have since closed.  My goal has been to play every golf course in Myrtle Beach area. 

When I went thru this exercise, I created a spreadsheet so I can updated it if I play courses I have never played. My number will not grow much now that I have retired and don't have the luxury of work travel anymore.   

Edited by RickK

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.