IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

Well, I had a busy day in the pro shop, changed out most of the bag.

Ping G15 4 wood,

Callaway 54-15 wedge,

Taylormade 10.5 R11 driver,

and Ping G15 irons 5 thru gap wedge.

Ready for this? Out the door, taxes and all for $599!!!

I can't wait to get out and play tomorrow!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just purchased the following for post surgery golf being that I am a USAF Veteran I thought they would be appropriate.  

Titleist T400 irons. I haven’t gotten them yet, but they are on order!

Bought a US Kids golf set and pink hello kitty balls for my daughter.  It's for her 3rd birthday so i'm just hoping she likes golf as much as her dad.

Posted Images

Originally Posted by dmnoland

Well, I had a busy day in the pro shop, changed out most of the bag.

Ping G15 4 wood,

Callaway 54-15 wedge,

Taylormade 10.5 R11 driver,

and Ping G15 irons 5 thru gap wedge.

Ready for this? Out the door, taxes and all for $599!!!

I can't wait to get out and play tomorrow!

How in the world did you swing that price?  I've been looking at getting the G15 irons as well and have seen some for the price you paid for all that.  Did you trade in your old stuff?

Originally Posted by TidePride50

How in the world did you swing that price?  I've been looking at getting the G15 irons as well and have seen some for the price you paid for all that.  Did you trade in your old stuff?

OK, details:

The G15 4 wood ($90) is used but looked like new, a no brainer.

The Taylormade R11 ($90) is my clubs demo that does have a nasty skymark but thanks to that matte white head it only shows up indoors for some reason but still hits great.

The Callaway sandwedge ($40) is brand spanking new with the old grooves was simply a club that didn't sell well and in the 50 percent off discount bin.

Now the Ping irons ($325) I simply can't explain. When I walked in Saturday my teacher (the club pro and shop manager) who has been after me for over a year to replace my shafts mentioned that he just got in a new set and he would sell them to me at his cost. Perhaps he figures that I spend enough there that the loss is justified, who knows? I didn't want to go fishing for information, just handed him my credit card and said thank you!
Add tax and it all came to $599, I consider myself very fortunate

I only picked up some tees, but what prompts me to comment here was my observation about how the golf retail business is still doing in the economy.   I went to the San Diego-area Golf Galaxy and noticed that their inventory levels were way down.  They've taken out some club displays so there weren't nearly as much selection on the floor.   They also had taken out a row or two of shelving in the shoes and training aids section, and also cut the shelving down from about 8-10 feet high (with inventory stacked up on top) to shelving units only about 4-5 feet tall without much inventory in stock.

All this inventory reduction isn't just because they've been moving product in the spring and were short - these were long term changes in store layout reflecting that they must be stocking at least 20-30% less product than they used to.      Kind of depressing.

A pair of Ecco Causal Cool II shoes so that my feet won't hurt anymore, they fit like a glove

Also, did not buy, but fell in love with the Mizuno MP-63 irons, I will not be able to afford to secure this love affair until next spring, but it will be worth it.

I traded in my old driver for

16120_Callaway_Diablo_Octane_Driver_.jpg

They gave me $40 for my 2006 Big Bertha 460. The new Diablo Octane was down to $199 from $299. Got it for $159.

I then had all my clubs including the new driver regripped with

golf-pride-multi-compound-blue-golf-grip-64-p.jpg

Mizuno MP-57 6-iron demo club on clearance for $5.  Something to play with on the range...

I got Henry-Griffitts OS-1 Irons from 3-pw and a Henry Griffits "Sizzle Milled" 51 degree wedge.

It will take around 7 days to get them in my hands and I am anxious.

I was playing off the rack Callaway X-18's and I measured 4 up.  I knew I was upright but not 4 up.

I can't link direct to the clubs but if you care to see here they are.

http://www.henry-griffitts.com/#/HGClubs

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bought some Bridgestone Treosofts to give them a go and had my trolley bag swapped due to zips  breaking, swapped at no cost for a new one so I was happy :)

went to dick's at lunch and picked up a dozen Srixon Z-Star X's for $25 (last years model). oh, and a bag of  2 3/4" tees.

Originally Posted by zeg

Mizuno MP-57 6-iron demo club on clearance for $5.  Something to play with on the range...

LOL, OK, so at least I'm not the only one who does this! I have picked up several just to play with, swing around the house, etc.  Callaway Forged X Tour, 2009 X Forged, X-22, X-20, and a Mizuno MP-32.... all demo 6 irons.  And all for between $3.50 and $5.00.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

From Golf Town:

Mizuno windproof sweater, 2 dozen Pentas, skunk driver headcover (my daughter picked it out for father's day).

Was this recently? If so, they owe you a dozen pentas. Right now they're buy 2 dozen, get a dozen free.

For the Father's Day bonanza I picked up some FJ SYNR-Gs from eBay Item picture for $80, replacement spikes for my other 4 pairs, a spike wrench from Watts along with some cedar shoe trees and a bag of neon green tees. Sweet!

Got my BRAND NEW, confirmed real by a TM Rep, TP MC Irons, for a price of.......

Almost felt guilty, guy working the shop was elderly and I wasnt sure he knew what he was selling.  Asked three times.  Oh well!

Originally Posted by LongerThanYOU

Got my BRAND NEW, confirmed real by a TM Rep, TP MC Irons, for a price of.......

Almost felt guilty, guy working the shop was elderly and I wasnt sure he knew what he was selling.  Asked three times.  Oh well!

So it's okay then?

• iacas changed the title to Last (Golf) Thing You Bought