JYB

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

3,125 posts / 224203 viewsLast Reply

:titleist: 915 D2 Driver with 9.5 loft and a 50 gram Diamana shaft - tested it thoroughly beforehand and had it professionally fitted, including adding four layers on the standard grip and adjusting it to full draw (D3) on the Titlesit SureFit settings . Expensive, but a good investment, since I get on average 30 yards more with the lighter shaft and lower loft (translating into a lower, more penetrating trajectory) than my previous old stallwart, a 913 D2 10.5 w/ standard 60 gram shaft. Walked out the pro shop a happy old gilmore :beer:

Finally upgraded my irons, at the behest of instructor who said, dude, just get new irons dammit, paraphrasing. Titleist AP1s. Will go from using 1990 irons (Titleist DCI 962) to 2014 irons, two and a half decades of iron tech advances in one go. And I just put new grips on the old irons, oh well. I still think it's the indian, not the arrow, but grudgingly admit the arrow is pretty darn important.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Finally upgraded my irons, at the behest of instructor who said, dude, just get new irons dammit, paraphrasing. Titleist AP1s. Will go from using 1990 irons (Titleist DCI 962) to 2014 irons, two and a half decades of iron tech advances in one go. And I just put new grips on the old irons, oh well. I still think it's the indian, not the arrow, but grudgingly admit the arrow is pretty darn important.

I like the AP1s. Easy to hit and launch.

Sketchers golf shoes. Tried them on on a whim, felt great. They work out real good for walking

not yet, but I am looking very seriously at a pair of Mack Daddy 2's at a local course - just right to replace my SW and LW......

have to wait until layoffs next week are completed - but if I'm employed then, I'm getting them

A set of Cleveland Launcher HB Irons.  I had them fit, and they should arrive in about 10 days... can't wait!

I ordered a set of wedges from Bombtech. They arrived two days ago, and has been raining since 😓

I buy golf balls from Walmart mart.  I actually fear going into the Edwin watts and pga superstore here.  I’m afraid of what I might buy.  That said, last time I got a used 50 degree gap wedge. It has been excellent.

Went to the LV Golf Super Store. Bought a tennis racquet for my Granddaughter's birthday.

Her and her boyfriend are gravitating away from golf, and taking up tennis. I have a cousin who is a very good tennis teaching pro, who is going to work with her. 

Personally not happy with her change, as she was just beginnig to break 90 on a regular basis from my tees.

Did the same thing quite a while back for another Granddaughter. That was also the last time I was in this, or any other actual "golf store"....

I went in for a replacement head cover and came out with a $100 pair of shoes and 4 new grips for my wedges.  Forgot to get the head cover.  ☹️

Just post the last (golf) thing you bought.

I'll start.

National Golf Cart Covers offers a complete selection of golf cart enclosures. We carry Greenline Universal Golf Cart Covers made with durable fabrics. Shop online or call today! Call our USA based cover...

I bought that in navy, like so:

image.png

It should work well for these early spring/late winter rounds (and the rounds in the fall).

I bought some 59 cent (plus tax) pencil sharpeners.