IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just purchased the following for post surgery golf being that I am a USAF Veteran I thought they would be appropriate.  

Titleist T400 irons. I haven’t gotten them yet, but they are on order!

Bought a US Kids golf set and pink hello kitty balls for my daughter.  It's for her 3rd birthday so i'm just hoping she likes golf as much as her dad.

Posted Images

Not the golf store, but Craigslist.  Found an ad on CL for "golf club making equipment" yesterday.  Ended up getting a Maltby loft/lie machine, a 6" cutoff saw, buffer with a hand full of extra buffing wheels and wire wheels, a couple different measuring sticks, a ferrule turning jig, an odd length & lie measuring tool, some various wedges including a couple unique ones (one with a milled face but no grooves, one beryllium).  Also got a Craftsman workbench with a thick butcher block top that had all kinds of stuff in the drawers; brand new but fairly old grips, leather strips, several rolls of grip tape, sanding belts of various grits, tons of steel wool.  Also a 30 gallon drum that had probably two dozen other clubs, mostly persimmon woods that had been restored by the old man that had all the equipment.

Got all this for $200.

IMG01084-20110902-2226.jpg

IMG01085-20110902-2227.jpg

IMG01086-20110902-2227.jpg

IMG01087-20110902-2227.jpg

IMG01091-20110902-2232.jpg

I was talking to a guy a while back that sold those old woods. He said that he's sold a bunch to people that will refinish them then polyeurethane the crap out of them and turn them into taps for their bar. The rich fellers around Pinehurst can afford to have a bar complete with taps in their houses.

My last trip to an actual golf store was a small purchase with two putter grips and a bag of tees.  Last night, however, I spent $600 online on clubs I do not need and only purchased because the prices were too good to pass up.  I'm sick in the head.

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/products/irons/burner-1.0-irons

I couldn't turn down $300 for a complete set 4-AW. When I bought them the guy told me that it was funny because they had just gotten those irons back the day before from a guy that had bought them a week ago. He said that the guy that bought them buys new clubs quite often.

Now I can't blame my bad iron shots on crappy irons. The old ones really are crappy, the 7 iron has a nice dent right in the center just from hitting balls with it.

Walked into the golf store today to see if they had a driver box I could have and walked out with yet another glove (plus the box).  I think this is the 8th glove purchase in 7 months.  This one feels really nice though, the leather on the bottom is textured almost like a microfiber towel.

Last trip to Golfsmith was a big one: Bought a new Taylormade Superfast 1.0 Driver (10.5 Loft with Stiff Shaft), also picked up a slightly used Callaway x-series Jaws 52 degree wedge, the old one with the mack daddy grooves. Later that night, i got on ebay and found a matching 56 degree wedge. Now on the lookout for the 60 degree wedge!

Anyone have experience with these wedges?

• iacas changed the title to Last (Golf) Thing You Bought