IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note: This thread is 979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Now these , I believe! :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by cavanagh

Flightscope just moved to tm r1 tp so driver needs re doing and is 50 yards more but the rest are the same

Are you sure the rest stayed the same?  That would be a humongous gap between your driver and 4w.

I believe Erik has a flightscope thing set up for tomorrow's PA/OH meet.  I'd like to check that out.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Are you sure the rest stayed the same?  That would be a humongous gap between your driver and 4w.

I believe Erik has a flightscope thing set up for tomorrow's PA/OH meet.  I'd like to check that out.

That's probably one of the things that I'm most looking forward to, being able to have actual numbers instead of guesses for swing speed/distance.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

That's probably one of the things that I'm most looking forward to, being able to have actual numbers instead of guesses for swing speed/distance.

Sorry - Dave didn't return the Flightscope to our building this week when he took it to a student's course, so I was not able to pick it up today to bring tomorrow.

There's a small chance Bob Koch will have his own out there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Sorry - Dave didn't return the Flightscope to our building this week when he took it to a student's course, so I was not able to pick it up today to bring tomorrow.

There's a small chance Bob Koch will have his own out there.

I even tried to swing by golf galaxy or dicks sporting goods afterwords but GG closed at 8:30 on a saturday *what the hell* and didn't have time to make it to dicks by 9.... Oh well, I'll just have to make the 1 1/2 hr drive to Toledo or Dayton sometime.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Driver distance is decreasing now that the slice is back, but everything else is increasing. Gonna put it back in the bag for a while until I can straighten it out.

3-wood or hybrid off the tee now.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

3w-180-230

4h-160-175

7i-125-150

9i-100-120

sw-60-90

As you can see with these 5 clubs I can cover most of my yardages.  I have more than 14 clubs that I could carry but this setup is more consistant.  I do it by choice I find it the most rewarding playing with a super lite bag.

I just went from a set of Golden Bear irons to a new set of Taylor Made Burner Plus. The reviews were right.  I've added at least 15 yards in distance with each club, if not more.  I've had them less than a month, so I'm still trying to pin my distance on each club.  Either way, I'm hitting them alot further than my old set.

Driver:  270 average (under 250 if I slice it good, slightly over 300 if the stars align)

Trouble Wood (16 deg):  210 yards

4i:  200 yards

5i:  185 - 190 yards

6i:  175 yards

7i:  150 - 160 yards

8i:  140 yards

9i:  130 yards

P:  115 - 120 yards

Gap (don't know loft):  85 yards

Sand:  Don't know full-swing distance.  Only take it out of the trap.

Lob:  40 yards

I pulled my 3 and 5 wood out of the bag because they are also Golden Bear and I can hit my irons just as long, so my distances are covered for the most part.  My next investment is a decent 3-wood to use on those beastly par 5's.

Originally Posted by muttbag

I just went from a set of Golden Bear irons to a new set of Taylor Made Burner Plus. The reviews were right.  I've added at least 15 yards in distance with each club, if not more.  I've had them less than a month, so I'm still trying to pin my distance on each club.  Either way, I'm hitting them alot further than my old set.

Driver:  270 average (under 250 if I slice it good, slightly over 300 if the stars align)

Trouble Wood (16 deg):  210 yards

4i:  200 yards

5i:  185 - 190 yards

6i:  175 yards

7i:  150 - 160 yards

8i:  140 yards

9i:  130 yards

P:  115 - 120 yards

Gap (don't know loft):  85 yards

Sand:  Don't know full-swing distance.  Only take it out of the trap.

Lob:  40 yards

I pulled my 3 and 5 wood out of the bag because they are also Golden Bear and I can hit my irons just as long, so my distances are covered for the most part.  My next investment is a decent 3-wood to use on those beastly par 5's.

I have those same irons. the loft is a couple degrees less on the clubs compared to other clubs and they are a little longer shafts. I feel like I hit them a little too long as it is so I'm trying to decide if I should have the shafts cut down to normal length.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Ah, that makes sense.  I've never had a problem being too long on my iron shots.  Before I switched to TaylorMade, I would always have to go 1 - 2 clubs up from everyone else to get the same distance.  Not having a club I could hit consistently for a 200+ yard shot off the fairway was really throwing a wrench in my game, so I couldn't be happier with the investment.  I just had my 35" putter cut to 33.5" a couple of weeks ago.  The results are good, it's up to me to make them better.  I haven't looked into having the rest of my clubs fitted, but I've heard it's the next step in improving your game.

The best thing about modern clubs, strong lofts, longer shafts etc. is most can get away with 5i as their longest iron. Opens up options for another wedge, fairway or hybrid. I ignore the number on the sole and use averages and degree of loft as my guide. If I need a 150 club that's what I pull regardless of what set I use that day. It usually only varies one club. My ancient former iron set had .5 over shafts so the only difference was 3-4 degrees loft.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

The best thing about modern clubs, strong lofts, longer shafts etc. is most can get away with 5i as their longest iron. Opens up options for another wedge, fairway or hybrid.

Eh, they're the same clubs with different names.  You lose the three iron but need a gap wedge.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

Eh, they're the same clubs with different names.  You lose the three iron but need a gap wedge.

Could have quoted the rest of it where I said as much, no? Worth mentioning is I decided against a stock GW and brought a custom wedge in. It's 1* stronger than the stock GW and has a custom grind. No doubt you could do that with any set but I don't see many tossing out their PW's for a custom wedge.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Could have quoted the rest of it where I said as much, no?

I was disagreeing with the point about opening up options.  I don't think it does that because you need that Gap wedge.  I'm not sure how the part about ignoring the numbers on the club fits into that. Didn't mean to distort your message.

edit: ha, again, not trying to distort your message, the rest of it wasn't there when opened the box to type (then got distracted before sending).  But I see what you mean as far as how that can present some new options.

And now that I think of it, I can see how that is true for me, too.  I was recently getting frustrated because I had 2009 burners that were something like this: 3h(215),  4i( 210), 5i (195), 6i (180) .  Then I got i20's and its more like 3h(215),  4i(185 ), 5i (170-175), 6i (160ish) - I love the consistency with the i20s and wouldn't ever consider going back, but i've got that 30 yard gap between my hybrid and my 4 iron, and I don't hit my hybrid well, so its more like a 50 yard gap between my 4i and my 3w.  I feel like I need a 2h and a 3i/3h, but don't have the space in my bag with a PW (46), GW(50), SW(54), LW(58).    With the lower lofts i had that gap covered and without losing my wedges.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Note: This thread is 979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!