IGNORED

What 14 Clubs do you carry?

Note: This thread is 3349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My bag:

Driver

3 wood

3 hybrid

5 hybrid

4 iron

5 iron

6 iron

7 iron

8 iron

9 iron

PW

GW

SW

Putter

I like having the 5 hybrid and 5 iron even though the go about the same distance.  I prefer the 5 iron on a par 3 off the tee or if I need to approach a green from 170 out. I like the hybrid 5 from the rough on a par 5 if I want the ball to go about 170 but don't mind some roll out.  I don't like the 5 hybrid approaching a green due to said roll out.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bag:

Driver

3 wood

3 hybrid

5 hybrid

4 iron

5 iron

6 iron

7 iron

8 iron

9 iron

PW

GW

SW

Putter

I like having the 5 hybrid and 5 iron even though the go about the same distance.  I prefer the 5 iron on a par 3 off the tee or if I need to approach a green from 170 out. I like the hybrid 5 from the rough on a par 5 if I want the ball to go about 170 but don't mind some roll out.  I don't like the 5 hybrid approaching a green due to said roll out.

So does your 5h not go that high?  The idea behind them is typically that they fly higher and land softer.  I took my 5i out of my bag and replaced it with the hybrid because it doesn't roll out as much.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

1 Driver

2. 3 wood 15

3. 5 wood 18

4. 2 hybrid 18 (my low stinger shot club)

5. 3 hybrid 21

6. 4.hybrid 24

7. 5 hybrid 27

8. 6 hybrid 30

9. 7-PW

13. SW 54

14. Putter.

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

Nike Covert Driver set to 12.5* Nike Covert 3W Nike VR Pro 3H Nike VR Pro 4H Nike VR Pro 4 iron Nike Covert 5H Nike VR Pro Cavity Back 6-PW Nike VR Pro Cavity Back AW & SW Nike Method Core Drone 33"

• 2 weeks later...
I have 13 clubs: Driver ~ Adams Titanium Tight Lies High Launch Max COR w/ Regular Flex Super Shaft (10.5°). Fairway wood ~ Ping G20 4-Wood w/ Regular Flex TFC169 Graphite Shaft (16.5°).  Hybrid ~ Tour Edge Exotics XGC5 4-Hybrid w/ Fujikura Blur Regular Flex Shaft (22°). Irons ~ Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal w/ Regular Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts: 5-iron (27°), 6-iron (30°), 7-iron (33.5°), 8-iron (37°), 9-iron (41°), PW (45°) Wedges ~ Cleveland Tour Action REG. 588 Gunmetal w/ S Flex Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts: GW (51°). SW (57°). LW (64°). Putter ~ Carbite Polar Balanced DC w/ Tiger Shark over-sized grip 31".

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

• 1 year later...

Was about to raise this topic, but found one already here!

I play a set of Benross Hot Speed irons from 6 to Gap wedge. PW is 44 or 45 deg so 49 deg GW fills a gap. That covers about 110 to 160 carry. 22 deg hybrid gives about 180 carry and I've just ordered 25 deg for Christmas to fill the 170 gap! At the short end I have the 3 wedge Adams Tom Watson set which are 52 deg GW, 56 SW and 60 LW which carry 95, 80 and 65 respectively.

I'd like to change my longer clubs. Currently have Benross 3 and 5 woods and driver. Driver is 12 deg which is probably a good fit for my 92-94 mph swing speed. This gives me a carry of 200 to 220. 5 wood gives me about the same as 4 hybrid, so I'm going to swap this for the 5 hybrid. 3 wood then fits the gap from driver to hybrids.

I suspect I could get anotherv10 or 20 yards out of a new driver if fitted correctly. May see what sales bring in New Year! Maybe a Bio Cell or SLDR S. Bio Cell sounds like one of the most forgiving, and can be set at various lofts depending what works best - so that's my first choice subject to trying it out. I'd like to get 250 total distance consistently, and I think that's achievable (longer shafts in these drivers should push as to around 95, plus I have a positive AoA).

So overall I technically play 5 wedges! But the gaps fit well for me from 65 to 200 yards. The extra low end wedges have really helped my short game.

Callaway Big Bertha V Series 10.5 Driver stiff shaft
Benross Hot Speed 16 deg 3 fw
Callaway XR 22 deg hybrid
Callaway XR 25 deg hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 6-pw
Callaway Mack Daddy 3 48/54/60 wedges
Odyssey White Hot Pro Havok

Well, I changed last year from Nike to Cobra......

Driver: Cobra Bio Cell w/Project Xv 5.5 shaft

Backup Driver: Powerbilt Air Force One, 10.5* with Project X 5.0 graphite shaft

Fairway: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 & 5-7 Woods w/Project Xv 5.5 shaft

Hybrids: Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid w/Cobra Bio Cell regular shaft

Irons: Cobra Bio Cell 4 thru GW with Dynalite 85s steel shafts....

Wedges: Cobra Bio Cell AW & SW with Dynalite 85 stiff shaft

Putter: Nike Method Drone 33"

Interesting to see you using the Bio Cells! Was contemplating swapping out the 3 wood for the Bio Cell 5-7 hybrid as well as the driver. That would allow some fine tuning of distances between driver, wood and hybrids. Do you know your SS Fozcycle?

Callaway Big Bertha V Series 10.5 Driver stiff shaft
Benross Hot Speed 16 deg 3 fw
Callaway XR 22 deg hybrid
Callaway XR 25 deg hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 6-pw
Callaway Mack Daddy 3 48/54/60 wedges
Odyssey White Hot Pro Havok

What the heck - (but there is "What's in the bag" thread around here....)

Nike VR Pro ii - with Ahina stiff shafts -  4

• Driver
  • 3W
  • (the 5w sits in the backup bag, but would swap out with the 2h rarely)
  • 2h/18
  • 4h/24

(Just picked them up a couple days ago - NEW Irons - Haven't hit them, just gripped them) - Mizuno MP-15 - with S300 - 6 more

• 5i - 27
  • 6i - 30
  • 7i - 34
  • 8i - 38
  • 9i - 42
  • PW - 46

Mizuno JPX Wedges - I don't know the shafts on these - (But I'm thinking really  hard about Mack Daddy 2 wedges after playing with them a couple months ago) -3 more

• GW - 50
  • SW - 56/14
  • LW - 60

Putter - Taylormade Ghost Spider S - Slant - total 14

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Early fall, i bit the bullet and purchased a new set. The TM LCG's were just not cutting it after 15 years. Great clubs though. I scheduled a whole bag fitting at Club Champion in Philly. Here's what i bought: Ping G30+ 3W w/ VTS Silver shaft Mizuno MP H5 3 iron w/ PXi 6.0 shafts Mizuno JPX 850 forged 4-GW Mizuno MP T5 52 and 58 wedges black ion Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5 with SuperStroke Slim 3.0 White Golf Pride Tour Wraps So no driver purchase because i did not see that big of an improvement on the Trackman data compared to my current driver. The recommended driver was the Ping G30 9.0 with Oban Kioshi Purple shaft. Plus i was super tired after 2.5 hrs of swinging. I do plan on going back for my driver fitting sometime in the near future. Looking forward to trying the Titlest 915.

Matt - "I am very happy to be here!"

My first set of clubs I bought at the beginning of this past season are a set of RAM FX Tour from Canadian Tire in town. I had always borrowed and never really had the drive to get into the game till this year. Now I wish I had started years ago lol. After spending the season on that $200 set, I decided, that I really liked the game, and wanted something a nicer in the bag. I entered a contest and won a 10.5* SLDR driver, then I started building my current bag but still have a few things to round out the set. Currently it goes like this.

10.5* SLDR Driver

14* SLDR S Mini Driver

19* SLDR S 5-Wood

Rocketbladez Graphite 4,5,6,7,8 iron

Rocketbladez Max Graphite 9 & PW

52*  Old Mac Burrows Wedge

60* Cheap Tommy Armour Wedge

34" Ghost Spider S Putter

I am planning on upgrading the wedges to a 50*/56*/60* matching set before next season starts. The Putter I also have plans to maybe cut it down an inch or two and add a Super Stroke grip, and play with the weights on it. I also just ordered a 2013 Macgregor Tourney Cart Bag for $50, that should be here next week some time. My wife really hates it when I become interested in any activity.

Cleveland Launcher

Wilson Fatboy

Nickent Ironwood 3h

Nickent Ironwood 4h

Callaway X-22 5-AW

Nike SV Tour 56*

Mizuno MP-T11 60*

Bridgestone TD-03 putter

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

My clubs are in my sig.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Cleveland Classic XL driver Ram Investor II 4 wood Tour edge bazooka j max 18 hybrid Tour edge exotics cb2 22 hybrid Mizuno mx-23 5-p Adams cmb 50 deg gap Cleveland 588 DSG RTG 58 deg Feel 64 deg SnakeEyes viper tour sv1 putter

Driver 10.5 5 wood 23 hybrid 7-gw 56&60 wedge Putter

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Driver 10.5

5 wood

23 hybrid

7-gw

56&60 wedge

Putter

That's a pretty sparse bag! Do you play a really short course?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!