IGNORED

How Much are your Balls Worth?

Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How much do you pay for a dozen balls?

• Less than $10
    • $10 to $20
    • $20 to $30
    • $30 to $40
    • $40 and Up

Righ now im using Prov1x almost all the time. Sometime I use callaway HX-tour and hogan tour balls they are nice balls nice feel and soft landing. I have bought a box of Taylor Made TP Black. I havent use it yet but when I use then Ill give a mini review.

What is in my Ping bag:
Driver: R7 425 9.5*Fujikura Vistapro 70 stff
3Wood: An old 15* Graphite Stiff.
5Wood: R7 ST 18* Mid point RE-AX 70 Stff
7Wood: Tight lies 21* Graphite StffIrons: An old set of EYE2+ 4-PW Steel StiffWedge: vokey SM 54*10 and 60*08Putter: Studio Style Newport 1.5Balls...

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize if this has been covered, I tried to skim through and didn't see it anywhere. Does anybody remember the Orange (I think titleist) X-outs? Maybe they were Top Flite, not sure anymore. They had a lot that were over the acceptable standards for golf balls, and just flew.

Oh, and I currently have Nike Juice and Ignite in my bag, and plan to not play them when I run out. They seem very inconsistent to me, tis probably just my swing. I'm going to try some of the e6's. I found a few on the course and was going to buy some anyway. Even though they were a bit scuffed up, they felt and responded great, can't wait to try some new ones. I tend to stay in the $25 ball range.

What's In My Slingshot OSS Bag.

Driver: Sasquatch 460
Fairway: Sasquatch 3-wood
Irons: Idea A2 OS 3-PWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Sand WedgePutter: Melbourne II

I used to be a firm believer in the Titleist Prov1x. I wouldn't even touch anything else. But being in college, I was low on funds one day. I bought the 2 dozen for the price of 1 special of Maxfli Revolution Solid at Wal-Mart for $16.88. I have been nothing but impressed with this golf ball. Maybe I am crazy, but I like this ball. I get the same distance off the tee as I did with the Pro v1x, but obviously less spin with my approach shots. I've used these balls for about 6 months now and plan to keep on using them.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

I've tested about 30 different golf ball models...it's hard to tell them apart, once you sort them into big categories like urethane v. surlyn distance, etc.

If you want to play a bargain ball, get one of the new Top Flite models--they have 2 or 3 models, including a feel and a distance model. They have the dimple-in-dimple thingie and are advertised by that snarky ESPN guy who says "Man up" to the golfers in the commercial.

Anyway, they are very reasonably priced, and are as good or better than any ball out there in the non-urethane universe.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I've tested about 30 different golf ball models...it's hard to tell them apart, once you sort them into big categories like urethane v. surlyn distance, etc.

The ability to discern subtle differences, no doubt, tends to improve as your handicap drops.

I play Pro V1x or, when I feel like dropping down a notch slightly in quality, the TP Blacks. So, $40/dozen or so, to answer the question. I don't play the TP Red or the Pro V1 because they're noticeably (for me) different.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 4 months later...
Top Flite D2 Feel = $14.99/15

Callaway HX Hots = $18.99/dz (logo overruns; what can I say, I'm cheap, lol)

What's in my orange Callaway Warbird Hot:

Maltby CT250 11.5° - SK Fiber Pure Energy s-flex
Maltby CT250 18° - SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 s-flex
Taylor Made RAC OS2 3-PW - True Temper r-flexTitleist Vokey Satin 252.08 (bent to 49°) & Satin SM54.10Yes! Tiffany (center shafted)Top Flite D2 Feel...

I've only bought a few new golf balls.

1 box of B330S - 1 box of MoJo - 1 box of TaylorMade TP Black - 3 boxes od Callaway balls they sell at Walmart that are not Hex pattern ($10 a box).

Everything else is either used, refurbished, found or from a golf outing.

In My Bag: 10.5 Staff (cart) - (stand)

Driver - FT-i - (11 degree Speeder)

3 wood - Sasquatch - (Diamana)5 wood - Big Bertha - (Steel)4 hybrid - Rescue Mid clone - (Irod)Irons - DCI 822OS - (Graphite)Wedges - CG10 and CG11 Black PearlPutter - Heavy...

I buy most of mine in the parking lot from the caddies for 80 cents a ball, pretty much brand new. Otherwise i pay $40-$50 a dozen Pro VIx when I travel.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Pro v's all the way... But i must say that the nike power distance super soft is an amazing ball... You can get them for about 15$ a dozen. Last year consumer reports named them the 2nd best overall ball next to the Pro V. Just something for us college kids to consider afgter an expensive night at the bars...

Hi-bore - 8.5* w/ 77g UST ProForce v2 stiff

PT- 21* x100 shaft

Ta3- Form Forged s300 shaftsVokey 52* 56*- Red X2 center shafted 33" ProV1x- High Numbers only (5's)

I typically don't like to pay more than $20 for a dozen balls. Especially when they go on sale a lot, I don't need to spend more.

Plus, when I am in charge of ordering "Logo" golf balls for the company...I typically get some pretty decent ones.
Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

For those looking to save a few bucks - most places have 2007 nike ones for $29.99 to make room for this years model. I made sure i loaded up.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Nike Platinums/blacks depending on the conditions. 40 bucks
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Callaway HX Tour... here in mexico they cost like $69 dollars, but I buy them when I go to the USA.

Regards.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

can you say $0 for ProV1x's?

well i used to at least. i'd get 2 dozen of em every year in HS.

my school bought the balls for my team.

now, $40 bucks or so

What's In My Bag?

Driver: R9 460 TP 9.5* w/ Motore F1 75g S
Wood:Exotics XCG-V 16.5*
Hybrids: 3DX Ironwood 3 and 4Irons:695.MBWedges:Stripped Spin Milled Custom C Grind (52*,56*,60*)Putter: Black Series i #9 32" w/ white Iomic gripBall:ProV1Shoes: Foot Joy DryJoysGrips: Lamkin Crossline...

• 2 weeks later...
Pro V1's that I get off of e Bay for about $55.00 per 100 balls. The shipping is around $10.00 so the total is $65.00 or $ .65 per ball. Love them.

Driver: TaylorMade Burner Superfast  9.5*

3 wood: Callaway X

5 wood: Cobra F/ST Speed LD

Irons: Orlimar HipSteel
Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*SM, 58*SM

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura

Ball: ProV1 

Shoes: FootJoy 

Bag: Callaway

Cart: Yamaha Gas

Home course:  Umpqua Golf Resort

Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!