IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

I highly recommend Netflix's Into the Night if you like Lost like science fiction shows. It's not in English, subtitled, but is riveting and 6 35-40 minute episodes so it'll go by quickly. Although I posted the trailer, my recommendation is to NOT watch it. Just know there is a phenomena that is killing people and they're in a plane to outrun it. I posted about this recently regarding a badly made golf graphic, but that error is not indicative of how much I enjoyed the show.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I'm trying to figure out why Ozark is so well liked. I'm on episode 8 and… can't stand Laura Linney's character, and don't really like anything else, either.

Why do people like this show? It's so slow. Boring. Oy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've started watching Peaky Blinders again when I'm working out downstairs.  I had started watching it several years ago, but the wifester didn't like it.  I love the pace and the style.  The cinematography really brings out the grimy underbelly of a steel town like Birmingham just after the Great War, without making everything overly dark.  It's weird, but it's a vibrant darkness.  The soundtrack is really cool as well.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

• 2 weeks later...

Finished season 1 of Counterpart. Didn't watch it in real time despite the recommendations, it sounded a lot like Fringe, but it's not and the cast is great, plus the identity angle. I wonder where season 2 is going.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Really getting into Perry Mason on HBO.  I'm a sucker for period pieces, as well as dark detective shows, so this is right up my alley. 

I'm also currently watching The Alienist: Angel of Darkness for the same reasons, and because I've read the Caleb Carr novels, and especially loved The Alienist.  I think I've read it at lest three times.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

On 5/28/2020 at 8:59 AM, nevets88 said:

Finished season 1 of Counterpart. Didn't watch it in real time despite the recommendations, it sounded a lot like Fringe, but it's not and the cast is great, plus the identity angle. I wonder where season 2 is going.

I finished both seasons of Counterpart a week or so ago.  I found it very enjoyable.

Currently finishing up the first season of Preacher in hopes that Amazon Prime Canada finally puts out the final one.

Corey

• 1 month later...

Lovecraft Country came out Sunday.  I'm getting a little bit of a Twin Peaks vibe in this one, as I have a vague idea what's going on, but if asked about it I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to explain it.

But, that opening scene, sheesh.  Just about made me want to call my dealer to see if my last bag was laced with angel dust...

Corey

For you sci-fi fans I just did a rewatch of the remade Battlestar Galactica and it is still the best sci fi series ever made in my opinion. 

edit: for something newer if you haven’t watched Peaky Blinders stop what you are doing and go watch it. 

Edited by Antneye

Finally started watching Perry Mason. On the 6th episode and it’s very good. Don’t know much about the original show other than the theme, so no expectations. It’s a very well written and acted police/law procedural, not dissimilar to the best that the BBC has to offer, just an American version. Also great details in the 1930s sets. No, I don’t hear the theme in any of the soundtrack. 

Steve

Cobra Kai hit Netflix, looking forward to finally checking it out. Anyone watch this when it first came out? 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

2 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Cobra Kai hit Netflix, looking forward to finally checking it out. Anyone watch this when it first came out? 

I watched all of season one a while back.  It wasn't great, but after a few episodes you can't help but be sucked in.

Ralph Macchio is still not the greatest actor in the world.

Corey

@Warren Zevon the 1st 2 episodes were enjoyable. Very nostalgic. We shall see how the rest goes. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Ted Lasso is fantastic. Absolutely great.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 7:20 AM, iacas said:

Ted Lasso is fantastic. Absolutely great.

I just binge watched episodes 1-9.  I agree, it was fantastic.

Just downloaded Tehran from Apple TV.  It looks really good also.  I will watch it sometime this week and report back.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 1 month later...

Queen's Gambit is on Netflix, but not out of place if it were presented on HBO in the prime Sunday time slot. Eagle. Even if you don't know chess. Kind of like not crazy about football, but loved Friday Night Lights.

Steve

Watched 3 episodes and a bit of the livestream of HBO's The Third Day. I didn't like it as much as Kelly's Utopia, although they're completely different shows, The Third Day was unrelenting and stressful, there's not much humor. Will have to see how the next three episodes go to make a final judgement.

Binged Ted Lasso, 2 more episodes to go. Very positive and funny, but the trailer before it was for Mythic Quest, and I just love that show and was yearning for season 2 of Mythic Quest instead.

First two episodes of The Mandalorian were fun, didn't expand on the cliffhanger from the last season though. It looks like they put a lot of money in the show, the visual effects are something.

Next up after Lasso might be Raised by Wolves on HBO.

Steve

Bosch hands down is my favorite show.  Looking forward to Season 7 and sadly the final season.

The Umbrella Academy is just a fun show that I really enjoy and can escape into

Mandalorian is another show I just enjoy escaping into.  I really like how Season 2 is progressing.

---------

A couple others I have enjoyed but either are limited series or may not get another season

Bodyguard was very intriguing and enjoyed it, kept sub captions on.  Their English accent was tough at times to follow 🙂 

Mind Hunter Season 1 is up there but Season 2 fell short for me, the wife liked it.  Will watch Season 3 if it comes out.

Just finished Queens Gambit and really enjoyed it.  

Unorthodox has been a lot better then expected, it is worth checking out.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx