IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Butters has a great move. Reminds me of a young Sergio.

Yea, BB kicks ass! I didn't catch the connection here, even though I watched the Sorkinisms clip again. What was it?

At 2:21, one of the "I'm not other people" clips.

In case you don't recognize the younger version of him ... that is Jane's dad, the greiving air traffic controller (from Season 3, I believe)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Butters has a great move. Reminds me of a young Sergio.

Yea, BB kicks ass! I didn't catch the connection here, even though I watched the Sorkinisms clip again. What was it?

At 2:21, one of the "I'm not other people" clips.

In case you don't recognize the younger version of him ... that is Jane's dad, the greiving air traffic controller (from Season 3, I believe)

Haha, wow, that really is obscure... never would've noticed that. Nice catch!

Poor Jane.

Constantine

Haha, wow, that really is obscure... never would've noticed that. Nice catch!

Poor Jane.

Proves my point about how obsessed I was with Sports Night.  As soon as he came out in BB the first time, I recognized him as the sleazy exec from CSC.

Holy shit, Homeland is waaaaaay under par this year. Didn't think it could get better but it's pulling a Breaking bad hard right now.

Constantine

Holy shit, Homeland is waaaaaay under par this year. Didn't think it could get better but it's pulling a Breaking bad hard right now.

Homeland under par in a good way? (I ask because some people use sub-par to mean bad.) I heard the first few episodes were a tad hit-or-miss. (Note: I haven't seen any of season 2.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I still think the first 2 seasons of Prison Break was one of the coolest TV show plots ever. Wished HBO or Showtime had picked it up tho. Otherwise, Breaking Bad up through last season was the most entertaining show I've ever watched on TV. The Wire was good, but eerily less entertaining to me than I was expecting and I can't really explain why. Loved the plots but I always thought it left just a little to be desired. Penn and Tellers Fool Me is excellent. Wasn't aired in the US, but YouTube it sometime.

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

Homeland under par in a good way? (I ask because some people use sub-par to mean bad.) I heard the first few episodes were a tad hit-or-miss. (Note: I haven't seen any of season 2.)

Yea, I never understood why sub-par meant bad. I guess the guy who came up with that one wasn't a golfer.

I meant that I think it's been really good.

Originally Posted by tuffluck

I still think the first 2 seasons of Prison Break was one of the coolest TV show plots ever. Wished HBO or Showtime had picked it up tho. Otherwise, Breaking Bad up through last season was the most entertaining show I've ever watched on TV.

The Wire was good, but eerily less entertaining to me than I was expecting and I can't really explain why. Loved the plots but I always thought it left just a little to be desired.

Penn and Tellers Fool Me is excellent. Wasn't aired in the US, but YouTube it sometime.

The wire moves at a snail's pace, but is rewarding -- at least I thought so. Kind of like a really long novel where not a whole lot happens for 100 pages, and then bam, the story takes a really interesting move in another direction. I thought it was an extremely intriguing study of the city of Baltimore from the top on down.

I liked Fool Me (also watched that on Youtube). Entertaining. Haven't seen Prison Break, but heard it was good.

Constantine

Dont get me wrong, The Wire was good, but I dont think it got to me the way that it did to many fans. I actually stopped after S3, but this thread has enticed me into S4 so I'm gonna give it a go later this week! Thank you! (I hope). Prison Break fell victim to the same crap that most network television shows fell victim too: great initial plot followed by overacting, cheesy camera work, silly plot holes, not knowing when to stop, and really bad in-show soundtracks. Think Lost, or even Walking Dead (although AMC is usually better than ABC/NBC/CBS), Walking has some pretty extremely unnatural moments so far, but is still entertaining. Nonetheless, Prison Break S1-2 were very well thought out and very intriguing to say the least. Certainly worth a watch if you can stomach the occaisional networky-like blunder.

And I love Homeland too. Took a few episodes to get into it, but that last episode of S1 may have been the most intense 40 minutes of television I've seen in a while. Cant wait to start the 2nd season one of these days.

Yea, I've heard that about Prison Break.

I actually think Season 4 of the Wire is by far the best season, and it made the slow goings of seasons 1-3 worth the wait.

Yea, don't even get me started on the Walking Dead. I watch it, but I mostly can't stand it. I love the zombie apocalypse idea (always have), but I think they do a pretty "sub-par" (actual term) job with it. For example, why are the zombies so easy to kill and how in the hell did the entire army get wiped out?? Makes no sense.

That's why the novel World War Z is the best zombie apocalypse story out there -- it's told like the movie Contagion, from patient zero all the way thru to the end -- and is a collections of short stories about the zombie apocalypse told from many different characters -- military, civilian, etc. There's a great story about a Blackwater type guy. Also, there's a short cool story about the Navy Seals killing hundreds of thousands of them, but running out of resources. It's really similar to Katrina (the theme) how our preparation was terrible and it could have been prevented. If you like zombies, this is a great book.

They're making a movie out of it starring Brad Pitt, but I doubt it comes close to the book. I have no clue how they'll even make it into a movie because the book is all short stories with like 50 different main characters. The book would work great as a TV show, but unfortunately, it looks like Walking Dead has a monopoly on that right now. Not sure if there's room on TV for another one.

Still it's awesome in terms of how the government and military responds to it. And it still has cool civilian stories about day to day survival, Dawn of the Dead style as well.

PS- fun fact about WWZ and Walking Dead. Both creators were friends growing up and wrote both stories around the same time (early 2000s). So there are some cool connections between the two.

World War Z wikipedia page

Constantine

I am background watching Dexter and The Walking Dead. They're meh. TWD is moving along, but all the zombie killing makes it like a video game.

The only shows I look forward to and get my full attention so far are Fringe and Treme.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yea, I've heard that about Prison Break.

I actually think Season 4 of the Wire is by far the best season, and it made the slow goings of seasons 1-3 worth the wait.

Yea, don't even get me started on the Walking Dead. I watch it, but I mostly can't stand it. I love the zombie apocalypse idea (always have), but I think they do a pretty "sub-par" (actual term) job with it. For example, why are the zombies so easy to kill and how in the hell did the entire army get wiped out?? Makes no sense.

That's why the novel World War Z is the best zombie apocalypse story out there -- it's told like the movie Contagion, from patient zero all the way thru to the end -- and is a collections of short stories about the zombie apocalypse told from many different characters -- military, civilian, etc. There's a great story about a Blackwater type guy. Also, there's a short cool story about the Navy Seals killing hundreds of thousands of them, but running out of resources. It's really similar to Katrina (the theme) how our preparation was terrible and it could have been prevented. If you like zombies, this is a great book.

They're making a movie out of it starring Brad Pitt, but I doubt it comes close to the book. I have no clue how they'll even make it into a movie because the book is all short stories with like 50 different main characters. The book would work great as a TV show, but unfortunately, it looks like Walking Dead has a monopoly on that right now. Not sure if there's room on TV for another one.

Still it's awesome in terms of how the government and military responds to it. And it still has cool civilian stories about day to day survival, Dawn of the Dead style as well.

PS- fun fact about WWZ and Walking Dead. Both creators were friends growing up and wrote both stories around the same time (early 2000s). So there are some cool connections between the two.

World War Z wikipedia page

Originally Posted by nevets88

I am background watching Dexter and The Walking Dead. They're meh. TWD is moving along, but all the zombie killing makes it like a video game.

The only shows I look forward to and get my full attention so far are Fringe and Treme.

that WWZ sounds awesome, like a tom clancy novel meets zombies.  they should have done that instead of walking dead.  or just executed walking dead better, ha.  and why are those guys such good shots??  i don't think i've seen a single person miss a head shot yet in the show.  it's plenty ridiculous, but i like it in that it kind of reminds me of the novel "the stand" by stephen king.  kind of a weird connection there too, since darabont directed walking dead and shawshank redemption, which is also a stephen king story.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LV7M_WeGX8[/VIDEO] Community was supposed to come back tonight, but last week NBC decided to save it for ... sometime.

Community now has a return date set, because February 7th and October 19th are basically the same thing: http://www.hitfix.com/news/nbc-midseason-sends-community-to-thursdays-smash-to-tuesdays

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Slings&Arrows; is pretty cool, especially if you like theatre in general.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Homeland has been moving along at breakneck speed and one of the best shows on tv. I didn't enjoy the premier of TWD , but the new characters are interesting. Dexter is much better now as he and his sister deals with his serial killerness. Fringe just did something very Game of Thrones like.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by nevets88

Homeland has been moving along at breakneck speed and one of the best shows on tv. I didn't enjoy the premier of TWD, but the new characters are interesting. Dexter is much better now as he and his sister deals with his serial killerness. Fringe just did something very Game of Thrones like.

I don't watch TWD (I don't think?) but I agree with the other three things. I like that Dexter is picking up. Plus it has the girl from Chuck now, and I like that, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Walking Dead has just been non stop and we're only 3 episodes in.  I'll be interested to see what they do or don't change from the comic.  So far it's been different enough to be intriguing but similar in the tone and character developments.  The Governor/Woddbury/Prison story lines will take things up a few notches.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Walking Dead has just been non stop and we're only 3 episodes in.  I'll be interested to see what they do or don't change from the comic.  So far it's been different enough to be intriguing but similar in the tone and character developments.  The Governor/Woddbury/Prison story lines will take things up a few notches.

The Governor is one bad *&%!!!  Love it.