IGNORED

How many holes in one have you had?

billysandy
Note: This thread is 2602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been lucky enough to have made 11 aces. Ironically, I didn't make my first one until 1986 at ago 40. The most recent came on 11/13/2016. Another irony is that both the first one and the most recent were made on 165 yard par 3's...both were made with 6 irons...but they were made on different courses.

I'm also very proud to say that I've made 2 double-eagles. I've always said that it's better to be lucky than good! 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One hole in one on a par 3, 169 yards., back in 2009. Hit a hybrid 3 that dropped the ball onto the front of the green and then it rolled over the ridge in the middle and to the flag in the back. I didn't see it go in but one of my partners said he heard the clank. 

Two so far.  Both about 150 yards but different courses. One was in a tournament, which I did not win.  Those of you who have not done the deed, play a lot to improve your odds.  As long as one is able to hit a shot near the hole with relative frequency, your time will come.

Brian Kuehn

Just one. 12/21/12. I'm glad to have one, but it's just dumb luck.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Not a single one in 50 years of golf! I've been darn close a whole bunch of times, but never had one go in the hole. I've eagled about 3 or 4 par fours, which might be harder since you can't tee up your approach. Heck, just the last time we played, a day or two after Christmas, I plunked a 155 yard 6 iron about 3" from the cup!

Love the kick in birdies, but they just don't have have the cachet of being able to say "Hole in One!"

I had four holes in one last week, two the week before, and only one the week before that. In reality I have never had one, and would be surprised if I ever do

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

After 12 years of golfing I got my first last December (2015) at a links course. 195 yards with four iron. It pitched 30 foot from the flag and rolled all the way into the hole. Not the best struck shot TBH but beggars can't be choosers.

None.
But I've only been playing golf since the late 1960's, so I'm thinking it will happen as soon as I've been playing a little bit longer.

• Upvote 2

Players play, tough players win!

One , on a 150 yard par 3. 

Flag in the center, nice and balanced 9 iron and it was one of those shots that never left the pin. I was even muttering to myself while the ball was in the air, this might be a hole in one. And it was ! 

Two.  Both in tournaments.  First one was in college and did not get to see it going in.  Playing competitor nonchalantly told me, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it went in."  The second was in a Member-Guest.  130ish downhill and spun a wedge back into he cup.  My prize?  $25 closest to the pin.  :hmm:  At least I didn't have to buy a round that night for everyone.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

8 hours ago, NCGolfer said:

Two.  Both in tournaments.  First one was in college and did not get to see it going in.  Playing competitor nonchalantly told me, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it went in."  The second was in a Member-Guest.  130ish downhill and spun a wedge back into he cup.  My prize?  $25 closest to the pin.  :hmm:  At least I didn't have to buy a round that night for everyone.

You couldn't get any closer could you? Too bad they weren't giving away a car or something!

9 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

You couldn't get any closer could you? Too bad they weren't giving away a car or something!

Sad thing is that they had a trip on that hole the previous year but moved it to a different one because someone had an ace on that par 3.  The head pro apologized over and over...he felt bad.  I was thrilled though.  You can't always be upset about losing something you never had.  Life would be pretty miserable.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Note: This thread is 2602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!