IGNORED

My Swing (bplewis24)

bplewis24
Note: This thread is 3593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What the heck!  Are you from the future???

Nah, they had those in the 90's..I hated them... :-D

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Much harder to keep that left knee bent than I anticipated.  I know it doesn't look like much progress here, but it felt like I made some, even if only incremental.  Trying to keep my left knee from straightening, and focusing on that (rather than the ball) seemed to actually help me make better contact.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Better, keep it up. Like Erik said, might feel like it never straightens.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

Still too fast and herky-jerky here Brandon. You can do this in a mirror too. Arms and hips go together , and hips don't turn (they'll do that on their own), they slight forward.

Do everything 5x slower. The ball only has to go 50 yards or so for this drill to be successful.

And please do these things properly. The hips don't spin so much and don't tilt so much as they slide passively forward. Your head won't drop so far as you fight against that spinning/tilting hips so you'll find doing these drills easier, because your head won't be a foot closer to the golf ball for you to hit them fat.

The swing where you actually hit the ball is on the bottom. Compare the two left frames, and even compare the top left frame with me doing the drill on the right.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hey Brando, don't take this the wrong way, but you got some awesome legs!

In architectural terms, "built like a brick shit house." :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

In architectural terms, "built like a brick shit house." :-P

Yes, I do believe you will find that term in the literature... :-D

Colin P.

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin007

In architectural terms, "built like a brick shit house."

Yeah, made me a bit leery of posting swings in my swing thread with shorts on.  I think both my legs together would still be smaller than one of Brandon's. :-P

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Yeah, made me a bit leery of posting swings in my swing thread with shorts on.  I think both my legs together would still be smaller than one of Brandon's.

And it's only out of concern for everybody's feelings that I don't post my practice sessions that I frequently do shirtless.

I don't want to make you guys feel inferior. :-P

• Upvote 1

And it's only out of concern for everybody's feelings that I don't post my practice sessions that I frequently do shirtless.

Please, noooo!!!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Thanks!  Now if I could just get them to do what I want them to.

Arms and hips go together

I think I didn't fully understand what you meant by this before.  After watching my videos, and then re-watching yours and Mike's videos, I take this to mean that my hips are moving/rotating/spinning way out in front of my arms in the videos above.  Is that correct?

I take this to mean that my hips are moving/rotating/spinning way out in front of my arms in the videos above.  Is that correct?

Yes and also about rotating too much too early. The left knee staying flexed longer will regulate the "spinning". It will feel like the left knee stays flexed much longer with the hips not turning.

I put this together today to illustrate some stuff with the followthrough. Think understanding what A9 looks like might help. Priority is still the left knee/transfer with the arms though and I gave you a quick reference to use for the left knee when practicing.

And a quick reminder to do it slower and for the drills just hit these shots 50 yards.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I just want to say that this is so intriguing for me, I think it is great that this this is being discussed publicly as opposed to some of what goes on with the rest of us "behind" closed doors really, as the only thing that people usually see are just our comments and updates and not the actual work being done behind the scenes by the instructors (in this case two very good ones)!  So thanks for that.

Second thing I want to mention to Brandon is that since you are taking the plunge and you are going full speed ahead I think it would be really helpful if you set your expectations early..  You are going to be making some very significant changes in my opinion in the way you attack the ball, and thus your contact will not be where you want it to be.  You might even regress in your game and instead of a 12.8 HC you might find your self going up to 16 or worst and I just want to tell you.... IT'S OK!!!!

The changes you will be making with these guys will take you to the next level, and your HC will eventually drop to below 12.8, and even in the low teens!!  Why do I say all this?

When I watch you during practice I see you doing some of the things that they are asking of you, but right at the moment where you decide that you want to actually hit the ball you revert back to what you were doing, and I personally think this is because in your mind you want to make sure you hit the ball, because you feel like you might not hit it unless you do what you are used to..  My advice... Don't care anymore about which direction the ball goes.. don't care if it is a shank, slice, duff, top what ever.. Just let it all go... Just make the change even if you are duffing or skulling the ball and then once you have ingrained this change, and Erik and Mike think you are doing it well you can then work on finding the ball..

I hope I'm not out of line, but I just want to help.. If I am wrong in my assessment please correct me Erik & Mike.

Good luck and I will definitely stay tuned, wishing you all the best!

Eyad

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I don't care about distance, direction, contact quality, etc. I'll almost never hit a ball over 75-80% of its normal distance. Most often, because I'm reasonably skilled, my shots will still be "okay" because I can "find the golf ball," but one of the best swings I've made (and posted) resulted in a cold shank. I have faith in my ability to change the swing and then very quickly "find the golf ball" again.

^^^^^^^^^

THIS!! from below!

Eyad

What helps me is hitting into a net. Pretty hard to care about ball flight when there is none.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

One thing when you video yourself, especially high fps video, is, you might have hit what you deem a pos shot. But if you look at the video, it can actually look good, the change you're trying to achieve, you see it. So imho, I've found that to be encouraging. OK, I hit a bad shot, but I'm changing the picture. It keeps the session very positive.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

First day back at the range since Sunday.  I hesitated to post this video because it just looks a lot like more of the same bad practicing habits.  I can't really transfer the feel from the mirror to the range.  Do I need to flare my front foot out more?  Still looks like my hips are going without the arms?

That first one looked pretty good though in terms of keeping your back foot from jumping IMO..  nice job!

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!