IGNORED

How to convince the wife I need new irons???

Note: This thread is 4968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am. If you have the money to buy them, buy them. If your wife doesn't want you to have something you really want then she is selfish.

That may work in theory, but in practice it can mess up a relationship.

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about, "honey, pick out something you want to buy and buy it....because I am going to buy something I want."

This could be dangerous.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jewelry can sometimes balance the scales

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I brought my wife an Iron when I got myself some new Mizzies so she wouldnt moan. Good one as well it was, had steam comming out of it and everything !

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Tell her that if she doesn't buy them, you have ways of making her listen.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

man up buy the clubs because you need them. buy wife jewelry to show her that you are not a self centered lil boy and you want to give her jewelry because she needs jewelry too.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

Ask her what she needs and then tell her what you NEED...and you must let her know that YOU NEED new irons, to compete with your buddies...lol

I'm trying to get my wife to buy me some new sticks. ( Callaway, Taylormade,Ping) Our 10 yr annerviersty and my birthday is within a month and well how should I go about getting her to buy me some??

My wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I told her new irons....it worked! Of course we went together to pick them out b/c she wasn't sure what to buy.

What's in my standbag:

Driver: Burner Superfast 9.5

Hybrids: Raylor

Irons:: JPX 800 4-GW

Wedges: SV Wedges 56/58/60

Putter: Monza Spyder

10 years, grats. My wife has already planned out our 10 year (Hawaii trip) so doubtful I will get clubs as well. But, I will certainly get to play some golf out there

I would avoid asking for clubs for 10 year anny to be honest. Maybe Bday and Xmas combined. Mention that for your 10 year you want something that symbolizes your love and all that. Mix in your desire for clubs this year and you never know. Jedi mind tricks work sometimes. She'll catch on I bet.

Geomax 16 reg - driver
G10 17 4 wood reg
Sumo2 20 hybrid Reg
MX-100 4h, 5h, 6-gap Reg
MP T 10 56.10, 60.08Bullseye putter

How bout you up that insurance policy and then kill the bitch.... take the insurance money and not only buy new clubs, but go on a week long golf resort vacation........did i just say that out loud????

.........In My Bag........
Driver = FT-IQ Tour
2,3,4 = Iron/Wood = Bazooka Jmax

Putter = T.P. Mills
Irons = A4 OS..Wedges = Pure Spin..Cart Bag = .....Stand Bag = Bennington

Just tell her you are going to buy new clubs. If she happens to asks why, just tell her they are like women's shoes. The new ones are on sale and your old ones are out of fashion !

There is probably some way to work it out as posted in the other responses (ie. .give her something too, explain why you need them, etc, etc). BUT if not (and you have the money and haven't been making a lot of extra purchases lately) I would go ahead and get them. She'll get mad but she's not going to divorce you over some golf clubs - unless it's like a straw-breaking-the-camels-back kind of thing . .so, if that could be the case, then wait for next season.

My wife gets mad at me a lot . .it's how I keep her in shape. Just gotta make sure you're in-line (I imagine her complaining about the incident to her best friend . .if it sounds really bad then I know I'm out of line).

for example of something that would sound bad:
Wife to best friend (crying) "He went out and bought new golf clubs last week but I'm wearing the same bathrobe I had when we got married and we're getting eviction notices"

Step one: Go buy clubs.

Step 2: Tell wife to get in the goddamn kitchen and make you a sandwich!

step 3: grab a beer and watch football.

Should work.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Rookie....

Ahh dang your right rookie mistake. Could even eliminate the grab a beer part because she should be handing you an ice cold brew as soon as you get home anyways. Crap! Gotta work on my womanizing skills.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Man, my marriage must be very different than most of yours... If I need (or, let's face it, want) new irons, I budget a little bit ahead of time and then go get them. Do you guys go through your finances together with a fine toothed comb?

Just tell her you are going to buy new clubs. If she happens to asks why, just tell her they are like women's shoes. The new ones are on sale and your old ones are out of fashion !

Best answer so far!

.........In My Bag........
Driver = FT-IQ Tour
2,3,4 = Iron/Wood = Bazooka Jmax

Putter = T.P. Mills
Irons = A4 OS..Wedges = Pure Spin..Cart Bag = .....Stand Bag = Bennington

Note: This thread is 4968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!