IGNORED

The strangest part of my game is....

Bryan SD2
Note: This thread is 4924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Strongest part of my game is my putting

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also a ten finger gripper but I would say that the strangest part of my game is my address to the ball I always do a little knee bend squat thing then two waggles of the club then the knee bend squat thingy again. If I dont feel comfortable time to start over. Only takes like ten seconds so im normally pretty fast 2 my set up.

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Is that I'm totally inconsistent 95% of the time, but when I'm in the zone I feel like I can put the ball in the cup from anywhere and I do come pretty close. This year I had a three week stretch where I was playing my best golf ever. Here's the noteworthy shots of that period.

And your handicap is 19???

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Interesting stuff so far....

But a few of these posts --- we are talking STRANGEST, not STRONGEST. Re-post!

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

I like golf clubs with script logos so that nobody knows for sure what I'm playing. From 10 feet away Ben Hogan, Tour Action, and Mizuno Pro all look like gibberish. I immediately replace all OEM headcovers with no name ones and if I thought it would work I'd paint the soles on my woods black. I mark my ball by scratching out the logo with a sharpie, and I refuse to wear any golf shirts or hats with OEM logos.

I'd rather tee off with a short iron and hit a 3-wood into the green than hit a driver on a hole that requires a fade.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Good stuff right there Mr. Miller!

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

I have replaced my long irons with old trusty Adams Tight Lies Air Assault metal fairway woods. The longest iron I use is a 6 iron. For my 4 iron I use a 9 Wood, and for the 5I I use an 11 Wood. I also have 3, 5, & 7 in the same family. The face height on all these T.L. woods is so short, it is almost like hitting a hybrid (which is only a theory since I do not have a true hybrid in the bad). I have a lot of confidence in these clubs since they look and play very similar to each other, except for the lofts and slightly longer shafts. I have not run in to too many folks who use those really high number woods, but they are working for me.

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

Strangest part of my game would have to be my swing....looks somewhat like a stork having a seizure!

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I use the 10 finger grip on everything except for my putter. I have my own concocted grip for that, [right handed swing] which involves my left pointer finger being fully extended down the grip. My right hand grips the club as well as my left pointer finger and I putt away...weirdest putting grip ever, but it's the least of my worries when it comes to missing putts

REPOST.

Strangest is how wildly different I can play in just one round. I've been the master of really bad parts of the round followed by greatness. It is like I am two totally different golfers. My late rounds in the year have been of the likes of 46-36, 42-37. It is just insane. I don't think I have any particularly goofy things I do.

Brian

Strangest part of my game would have to be my swing....looks somewhat like a stork having a seizure!

That's called "The Barkley."

Strangest part of my game: My ball always has a cartoon drawn on it. Backstory: I have a co-worker of whom I draw goofy cartoons all the time because I learned several years ago that it really pisses him off. He's a good dude, and ribs me all the time but he has been pretty mad at me over some of those drawings. He's been a crossdressing cowboy, the cowardly lion, etc. (the one that aggravated him the most was when I drew my version of his colonoscopy.) Anyway, as a gag when I played with him for the first time, I drew his picture on my ball, and had a spectacular round. It's been standard procedure ever since.

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

I always have to have my clubs in the right order in my bag... in numerical order of course (with the putter next to the driver).

Except for the wedges. I allow them free reign to align themselves however they please. I just like to have everything in perfect order.

In the  Strata Bag:

3 Wood:  XL

Irons: 4-5:  AP1; 6-PW:  XL

Wedges:  Tour Grind, 52°/60°

Putter:  White Hot XG #9

Balls:  Mojo

I guess I have a few
Since about 1985 or so, I'll only use white tees, a white glove and I refuse to use the button ball marker off the glove. I use yellow nail polish to mark the golf balls and can only play irons with a pretty thin top line. The visual of a thick top line just doesn't look right to me at all. I guess that stems from learning with forged irons way back when.
I also have a problem looking down at the really big headed drivers. The one I use isn't much bigger than my old set of persimmons.

Steve

I've a few...

--If you ask me what club I hit into a hole, I always lie (but not in a consistent pattern)

--When I play a round by myself, which is often, I talk to myself about the shots sometimes

--I have an annoying habit of saying something to the ball before a shot, like "Alright ball, chase up there and settle down" or "Alright ball, stop running through the fairway when I hit a draw, I want you to stay in the fairway, please." I try to be polite with the ball, as well. It's a gentleman's game, lads.

---I chew a piece of gum from my warm-up all the way through the first hole. I don't chew gum the rest of the round.

---I mark my balls a certain way (that's not that odd, I guess), and it relates to my next point

---Part of the reason I have a specific ball-marking system is that I tee the ball up with the logo facing the same direction every time. It started off as a visual cue from an instructor and turned into an obsession

---Slow play makes me mad. Slow play around the green makes me mental . If you're a sh*tty putter, which most people are, read your putt and rap it quickly. Some a-hole lining up the side seam on his ball turns me into Ted Bundy in about 2 holes.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

-I use a baseball bat grip.

-When I'm playing by myself I pretend I'm a commentator and talk about myself and what shot I'm hitting. I also try to do this when I'm playing in a match or with other people because I usually play better when I do. I just try to keep my volume down so they don't think I'm weird, haha.

-I've never bought a golf ball in my life(other than golf course logo balls which I collect). The only time I use brand new balls is when I win them, they are given to me, or I have a gift card.

-I mark every ball I ever hit a shot with with a 34 above the print on the side that says the specific ball that way if I find a ball in the woods the next time I'm playing I know if it was mine.

-My inconsistency. One week I'll be hitting the ball perfect-dead straight or slight draw. The next week I'll be hooking it, slicing it, or something dramatically different.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I suck at putting but I have a solid short game otherwise.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
I don't think I have anything that I'd call "strange." Is "I still carry and use a 3-iron" enough to count?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!