IGNORED

Pure Ball Striker Training Aid

iacas
Note: This thread is 1185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Evans View Post
Does it fit midsize grips?

Yes the PBS may fit a bit tight but works very well!

I just bought two of these for myself and my dad. Wish I saw these special anyways...I'm having an issue with mine staying on my midsize grip?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Hoselrockets

I just bought two of these for myself and my dad. Wish I saw these special anyways...I'm having an issue with mine staying on my midsize grip?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Not to be too blunt about it or anything, but... are you maintaining your lag pressure? It shouldn't fall off even if it was flat because you should be applying pressure to it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I have to try it again...about the third shot the piece flew off the club and I had to walk in front of someone to pick it up...to the video it is. To be fair I should of done some homework before trying it at the range.

Mine did the exact same thing and I had to wait before I could run out on the range to get it.  By that time I was out of balls in my bucket.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoselrockets

Not to be too blunt about it or anything, but... are you maintaining your lag pressure? It shouldn't fall off even if it was flat because you should be applying pressure to it.

Ahhhhh...I guess not.  Need to work on that part I guess.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff

It finally arrived and it was worth the wait. I went yesterday to the range and started first using the pbs in the short game area for an hour or so. First I did some chip shots, then bunker and then pitch shots (up to 40 yds). It worked very well for short game, giving a good feel to the correlation of the right hand, the lag and the club face position. Then I went to the range and used the pbs first with the 7 iron, the feedback was great. In the good shots the device stayed in its position and when I rushed or got too handsy (and therefore losing the lag and making a bad shot) the device would not maintain its position. I used the pbs with every club, woods and driver also. I found it to be a great piece for training. I don´t know if the pbs caused this: my regular push draws became much more straight and my very often misses (overdraws and hooks) almost dissapeared during yesterday's practice, I was even able to make some nice cut shots, which is a difficult shot for me.

PS: I use lamkin midsize grips and the pbs attaches perfectly.

Can't wait to get mine so I can head to the dome and try it out...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

OK, I finally decided that I would either be a fan or I wouldn't so I re-watched the videos and noticed that Jeff's tempo was very smooth and nothing was rushed.  He was talking about the feeling of the trigger finger lagging behind so that is what I concentrated on.  I started with the wedge and hit pitch shots holding the finish (below waist high) and then went to some fuller shots.  I started to get the hang of it and could feel my tempo just really smoothing out.  Long story short, I have been having trouble with the 3 wood lately and teed it up and hit 7 effortless baby draws in a row.  The feeling was solid, not necessarily hammered, but solid even though I felt I was swinging at 80%.  The presence of lag along with presenting the club face square with the trigger finger trailing sent the ball sailing.  I tried it with the driver and had decent results, but the other clubs really had me stoked.  I haven't hit my 3 wood that consistent in a long time.  Smooth, effortless, and most importantly, in balance.

I am now a believer.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

OK, I finally decided that I would either be a fan or I wouldn't so I re-watched the videos and noticed that Jeff's tempo was very smooth and nothing was rushed.  He was talking about the feeling of the trigger finger lagging behind so that is what I concentrated on.  I started with the wedge and hit pitch shots holding the finish (below waist high) and then went to some fuller shots.  I started to get the hang of it and could feel my tempo just really smoothing out.  Long story short, I have been having trouble with the 3 wood lately and teed it up and hit 7 effortless baby draws in a row.  The feeling was solid, not necessarily hammered, but solid even though I felt I was swinging at 80%.  The presence of lag along with presenting the club face square with the trigger finger trailing sent the ball sailing.  I tried it with the driver and had decent results, but the other clubs really had me stoked.  I haven't hit my 3 wood that consistent in a long time.  Smooth, effortless, and most importantly, in balance.

I am now a believer.

Good deal!  I'll be glad when the weather breaks and I can take it to the range and test it out.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Mine turned up today finally thanks to the snow causing a huge backlog with the post. Stuck them in the bag for my round today and just used it for one drive. I can see what it would do to help so looking forward to a proper range session with it. In the mean time I will practice chips at home with it.

question:

i seem to remember something in the paperwork from the PBS saying that it helps you to feel the handle at the top of the swing, and this will help you find the right path to a point in your downswing so you can come down in the right in to out angle.  so the question is, should i be mentally thinking of where i want to sling the club when i get to the top of the backswing, using my trigger finger as a reference?

hope this makes sense...

Colin P.

I still haven't received my PBS, but practiced today all shots within 50 yards trying to maintain the pressure between my trigger finger and the shaft during the downswing and follow through (both arms straight at least). Well....I've never hit the ball so solidly in all my life! I now realise I was flipping through impact (trying to release the club!) and I could feel the looseness whenever I hit an off-centre strike. Also, I must have been lifting up slightly to accommodate the flipping, so initially I thinned a few until I became comfortable with the new swing.

I thought of nothing else but setting up correctly, making a smooth back swing and applying the pressure on the way down and through impact. I don't know if this pressure helped me find the right downswing path, but it certainly helped me find the sweet spot! How can something so simple, be so effective?! The best results were out of the sand. I have been struggling recently with taking too much sand and that must have been due to the flipping. The only downer was it didn't appear to work for the putter but I'll keep trying.

I really hope it works for shots over 50 yards when I play a round tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

I really hope it works for shots over 50 yards when I play a round tomorrow.

Well it didn't. I obviously need the PBS in order to make sure I'm doing it correctly. Once again, feeling the pressure during the downswing and through impact was fantastic for pitching, chipping and bunker play but not very good for the full swing and putting. I'm doing something very wrong. With a full shot I feel as if I'm not releasing the clubhead as I am losing clubhead speed and therefore losing a considerable amount of distance. I hit the ball more solidly trying to maintain the flying wedge, not turning my hands over etc. but I just cannot generate any power. I'm talking a loss of 25-30 yards of carry through the air here with my driver! I usually just let my arms go along for the ride relying on centripetal force to power my swing. Could I already be creating lag and by trying to force it actually holding off release for too long?

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

I guess I missed the BOGO deal, but ordered mine today. We'll see. Looking forward to giving it a shot! I know for certain that I have a major flipping issue on bad shots so hoping this helps.

Read this entire thread and watched the videos plus some others at Youtube. I have a good feeling about this!

--- Rebel Golfer ---

I placed an order early last week (Tues?). Haven't heard anything back. Tried emailing yesterday, no answer yet. From reading parts of this thread, it seems that it can take a while to get shipped. Does anyone know these guys, to know if they're tied up with vacation or something? (After all, it's the holidays, and January isn't high volume golfing weather in some parts of the country.) I don't want to pester them if my patience is all that's needed. Thanks.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I'm in the same boat as Missouri Swede...though I have not tried contacting them...Jeff Green is registered on here...Can we get an update?

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Originally Posted by Shanker

I'm in the same boat as Missouri Swede...though I have not tried contacting them...Jeff Green is registered on here...Can we get an update?

Jeff Evans. Yes, an e-mail confirming shipment would have been nice. I only placed my order on 26 December and as I'm based abroad only expected to receive my PBS mid-January.

Note: This thread is 1185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!