IGNORED

The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin)

Jonnydanger81
Note: This thread is 2559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If not, then I'm not really sure what he wants to accomplish here, then. . .

Much like his current situation where he's doing any and all media spots, my guess is that he'll try and get paid for anything he can that is related to this, "experiment."

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, I would say we missed the boat on this one, we (fellow sand trappers) should have provided a gallery for him and cheered and jeered on good and bad shots respectively to give him a little friendly "pressure" to shoot "well".

He should wear a gopro and live stream his rounds like this for us to watch. :beer:

What he's proving is that someone with not very much in the way of athletic ability can get to a 4-5 handicap if they put in a hell of a lot of work.

And that he can create a thread going strong at 151 pages on TST.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

What he's proving is that someone with not very much in the way of athletic ability can get to a 4-5 handicap if they put in a hell of a lot of work.

Hell, you don't even have to work all that hard at it. What a lot of people just can't accept is that a 5 hcp just isn't that hard to achieve, and in the grand scheme, really isn't all that good.

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Hell, you don't even have to work all that hard at it. What a lot of people just can't accept is that a 5 hcp just isn't that hard to achieve, and in the grand scheme, really isn't all that good.

Not that hard? Don't you think it has somewhat to do with time and resources, though?

Christian

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrvFrShow

You can tell me this if I ever get there. . . ;-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Not that hard? Don't you think it has somewhat to do with time and resources, though?

It's always a matter of resources. Even one's body is a resource. Mine is not cooperating.

Julia

Spoiler

Meaning, it doesn't take quitting your job and devoting every waking moment to it like Dan has. Nor does it take inordinate talent, though of course a there is a certain base level of talent needed. Most people, just don't try all that hard to get to really get better....

In David's bag....

Meaning, it doesn't take quitting your job and devoting every waking moment to it like Dan has. Nor does it take inordinate talent, though of course a there is a certain base level of talent needed. Most people, just don't try all that hard to get to really get better....

Ahhh. Well, good to hear there's hope that one day I might get to a single digit handicap. :-)

Christian

Statistics say different. At a 5 you are 90th percentile (top 10%)...among people who take golf seriously enough to obtain a handicap - not all people who golf.

Personally I think even a 10 is pretty good objectively. But maybe my standards are lower than yours :-$

Kevin

• Administrator

It doesn't, @David in FL , but you're slighting the work it takes with your comments.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It doesn't, @David in FL, but you're slighting the work it takes with your comments.

I second that notion...

I'm busting my ass and spending a lot more time and money than I'd care to admit to my wife -  trying to drop from bogey golf to single digits.

But... I hope @David in FL is right... :beer:

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

It doesn't, @David in FL , but you're slighting the work it takes with your comments.

Not my intent, but the vast majority of golfers simply play a couple of times a month and think that because they want to get better, they will. It takes more than that. It takes working towards getting better , which is more than most do.

In David's bag....

Not my intent, but the vast majority of golfers simply play a couple of times a month and think that because they want to get better, they will. It takes more than that. It takes working towards getting better, which is more than most do.

That, in addition to the fact that there is so much misinformation and bad instruction out there that it's tough to figure out what a good plan to get better is and what's not.

I know, for me, it's hard to imagine ever shooting in the 70's and, if you had told me when I first started that shooting in the 80's was possible, I would have thought you were on drugs, but I'm somewhat hopeful that maybe one day, that'll happen for me.  As it is, I still suck but I know that's on me and how hectic my life can be sometimes.

Christian

• Administrator
Not my intent, but the vast majority of golfers simply play a couple of times a month and think that because they want to get better, they will. It takes more than that. It takes working towards getting better, which is more than most do.

That's not what you said.

You slighted the efforts, achievements, etc. of others by saying "it doesn't take much to get to a 5." (paraphrased)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hell, you don't even have to work all that hard at it. What a lot of people just can't accept is that a 5 hcp just isn't that hard to achieve , and in the grand scheme, really isn't all that good.

Friend, I am very eager to hear why a 5 hcp really isn't all that good and easy to achieve? and you're a 6.7? I'm honestly confused at your comment. Don't have to work all that hard at it? Please think about what your saying, for one minute and explain why USGA 5 hcp is not good.

I wish I had the health to get to a 5 HC.

Julia

Spoiler

Note: This thread is 2559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!