IGNORED

Picks for US Open at Congressional?

xxsoultonesxx
Note: This thread is 4696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Fear the beard - I like Lucas Glover. Showing strong form as of late, and has proven he can thrive on long courses....won the Open at The Black a few years ago.

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

I'm not sure Phil won't be in the mix if he can keep it in the fairway. And The Bearded One is in great form right now. If Bubba has the week of his life he could put on a show here, too.

My vote still stands with Dustin Johnson, though.

Originally Posted by showtime583

Fear the beard - I like Lucas Glover. Showing strong form as of late, and has proven he can thrive on long courses....won the Open at The Black a few years ago.

agree, Glover is hot lately & this course suits his play.      Realistically, it's tough to root against Luke Donald right now ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would like one of these three:

1. Luke Donald

2. Bubba Watson

3. Rickie Fowler (if he's in the field)

Of the 3, I think Donald is the one that makes the most sense to me.

I think Ian Poulter could do well too.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Abitoutofbounds

3. Rickie Fowler (if he's in the field)

That sort of sums it up about the winless prince, doesn't it?

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

There are a few names that i have been kicking around for the past few days....

dustin johnson- if he doesn't win he will be in the hunt on sunday

sergio- is my dark horse im hoping he plays well as he has been the past few days

bubba watson- he's been playing good this year

and i dont think tiger will be a factor this year

i think the winner is going to be someone that can hit it long and straight this is a big course

I was going to say Schwartzel might be worth a look again, as he's unusually good at grinding out pars on tough tracks. But he blew big time at Wentworth. We'll see.

Don't think Donald has the length, even if everything's a frozen rope for him -- which is the way it seems to be right now.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i also think that angel has a good of shot as anybody! he plays his best golf in majors, is a long player, won a us open at oakmont which was a long course to.... i expect him to
be around on sunday

Originally Posted by Elvisliveson

Nick Watney, Bubba Watson or Angel Cabrera.

Choi seem like a good pick, Furyk played well there in 97, Glover has looked good, Kaymer if he gets into form and I could see Mickelson in the hunt if he has his driver under control which we will see this weekend. I don't like Donald I think length will get to him, Westwood has the tools but I think that playoff loss may have rattled him, and Bubba would have to hit the ball perfectly since there not a lot of room at congressional to hit a 40 yard slice.

I just don't see a clear cut favorite for this major but I would probably take Watney or Mahan if I had to make a pick right now.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by mck

I'll take J.B. Holmes he seems somewhat underrated, and I think Sergio is starting to look good--but not sure if he's in the field.

Can I take Sergio for rounds 1 and 2, and Choi for the weekend?

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I know the course is long but if the set up is like a typical US Open, straight is going to count more than long.  I think Luke Donald has to be a favorite.  But won't argue that there are others who have a chance.  My emotional favorite if Phil but he'll have to keep the tee ball under control.  Phil has the game to win it if he can do that.

Butch

Hunter Mahan...2 years ago at the ATT National played there he was on a stretch of i believe 5 birdies on the back 9 on sunday...can't deny play like that. he likes the course and it suits his eye...i'm also routing for tiger (not a lover, nor a hater), to get his game back on track. not sayin he'll win it or he's my pick but just hoping we start seeing him healthy again for his and the game's sake.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Note: This thread is 4696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!