IGNORED

Where do you want your golf game to be in 5 years?

Note: This thread is 3699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd like to be in the single digits.  It's a long way to go, but I think 5 years is enough time that it's possible.  The complication is going to be finishing grad school, which means I'll have less free time to golf, and moving away from Southern California, which means I'll actually have to stop golfing in the winter.  So to be honest, if I'm still playing regularly and I'm somewhere in the teens handicap, I'll probably be happy.

Also, hopefully my kids will be into golfing so I'll be out playing with them, too.

I'd like to get down to a 5, and in 5 years I"ll be easing my son (who will be 7) into the game. Really can't wait to get him on the course. I hope he likes the game

I just want to be a little older, a little wiser, and still flexible enough for a healthy shoulder turn. As long as that all works out, I think I'll be in good shape on the course...

Originally Posted by Cut68

I'd like to get down to a 5, and in 5 years I"ll be easing my son (who will be 7) into the game. Really can't wait to get him on the course. I hope he likes the game

My son is the same age as yours. He's already wanting to play, has his Little Tikes golf set he's always playing with.

Anyway, as for me, I'd like to be shooting in the mid-70s and winning local tournaments. I want to start playing on the Golf Channel am tour next year so I'd hope to be a few years into that as well.

I have no "glass ball" and looking into the future, first let's hope the Maya's got it wrong

As for golf I would like to be between scratch an my current index and competing in the Dutch Senior Tournaments ...... Last year was a fun year, going from no handicap at all to well in to the single digit caps, this year I struggle to play to that index.

For most I like to be in good health and enjoy golf, hope to play at a decent level, but if not hope to enjoy golfing !

Originally Posted by soloredd

My son is the same age as yours. He's already wanting to play, has his Little Tikes golf set he's always playing with.

My son is 6 and has just started taking lessons and coming to the range with me. He loves golf and in a couple of months has gone from topping everything five feet to being able to hit a wedge 20 yards in the air. In five years I hope to be playing with him regularly out on the course and (please God) to still be able to beat him.

For myself, I'd like to be solid enough to shoot 75 on an average off day. And to be able to take my game on the road at that level.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd like to be a solid single handicap, which I think is within reach.  I don't hit it long enough to be scratch and I'm 51, so it is doubtful I will get longer.  I would also like to stay healthy, which has been an issue.

Quote:

My wife thinks it's ridiculous... Last night after I returned from a bad few holes she said "you know... you never come home frustrated or analyze your mechanics after you ride your road bike."  Maybe she is onto something?

Funny thing about this is I used to race bicycles.  After racing for years, getting injured, having physical issues, I switched to golf.

I just hope to become a more solid player no matter where I play. I have a tendency to not play as well away from my home course. I get better in this area all the time, but there is always room for improvement. I also hope I am able to play as much or more than I do now.

My goal is to be scratch or in the plus range in 5 or years. I'm currently at 5.3 but my game is coming around at this time of the year and I currently have a 3/4 month break between the end of high school and the start of university. I'm aiming to reach 4.4 for a university requirement in the next few weeks and then using the rest of the summer to work my way down to a 3.

I'll probably be much busier in the next few years and might not find as much time to play, but if I put enough work in the gym and manage to improve my putting, I see myself as very close to shooting around even par on 18 holes. Hopefully that will turn into consistently breaking par in a few years.

In 5yrs my kids will be 12, 11 and 8. Hopefully by then I can dwindle down from 6 to a sustainable 3-4, but more importantly I hope they love the game and play with me.

in 5 years i plan to be scratch or better.  i've recently joined a course with a Very nice practice facility, and i plan to be out there at least 3 days a week hitting balls for a couple of hours.  up to this point, the course i've belonged to didn't have a practice range, so it was just go out and play your round and maybe work on stuff as you go, so i'm pretty excited to actually have a range at my disposal.

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

I'm hoping I'm still here and still able to play in 5 years.

Didn't want to say it first, but me too! I took my Social Security last summer as soon as I became eligible.

Note: This thread is 3699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!