IGNORED

the 93rd PGA Championship...

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 4633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why did I see what looked like a player riding in a cart about an hour or so ago?

Going back to re-hit a shot that went OB

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Thanks, didn't realize that was permissible (my limited knowledge of the tour cart rules), but all makes sense.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Deasy,

Well I thought it was pretty funny.

So we have a playoff.  Dufner was doing so well until ......  Still he's looking reasonably cool for having just done that.

I'm not gonna pick between them - 50:50 imo. Those playoff holes are tough but neither looks the least intimidated by where they are now.  This is good entertaining golf.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Both cool guys in the playoff.

Dufner is the calmest guy I have ever seen

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

This is great, Bradley looks sharp in the playoff

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Originally Posted by Jmdmbike

Dufner perhaps? The guy has clearly paid his dues, nice to see him win with that crazy waggle. David Toms or Scott Verplank would be nice stories too. It'll be interesting to see if any one of these guys can hold it together.

Yay for the crazy waggle.

But I was glad to see Bradley win, even though I'd have been plenty happy with either.

Wished they'd shown a few repeats of the 90-footer by Bradley that bounced out the back lip. That was a great putt.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

most exciting finish for a while!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Hugely disappointed that I didn't get to see the ending, but major props to fellow Hopkinton (MA) Hiller, Keegan Bradley.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very happy for Bradley since I'm a St John's alumni and he seems like a nice kid.  I've been pretty impressed with him all year but didn't think he was ready to step up to the pressure of winning a Major, glad I was wrong.  Dufner will be kicking himself a bit as Bradley handed him the win with the triple bogey, but he was very gracious in defeat.

Joe Paradiso

Nice tourney.  For my own interests, it was the most exciting major since the Masters.

Congrats to Bradley.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

That guy Bradley had bottle today, serious bottle.

[nerve, mental toughness]

That triple on the par 3 wood have doomed many far more experienced pros imo.  I thought he was a likely gonner at that point, tho' I did tell my wife that Dufner could still lose if his game slipped a bit on those tough final holes.  Dufner prolly wasn't anything like as cool and calm as he appeared those last few holes, or in the playoff.  Bit of panic may have set in, or at least loss of focus and exit from the zone he seemed to be in.  That Dufner slipped wasn't so surprising really.  That Bradley came back so strong was pretty remarkable.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Originally Posted by McGolf-Doggie

yay for the crazy waggle.

Loved the waggle - dont see enough of that ... makes the game more interesting.        That 60 ft putt Keegan made was rediculous - it was just meant to be ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Greetings ...

Congrats to Keegan Bradley -- And from a Bama Guy, highest regards to Jason Dufner, who came so close to bringing a National Title back to the Plains!

Absolutely -NO- thanks to CBS and the TV ad folks for the ridiculous repeating bombardment of stupid commercials.

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Sport

• 2 weeks later...
I know this thread is long dead, but I saw[URL=http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/2546/bake-shop-snapbacks-oreo-cookies-and-brad-richards] this thing[/URL] on Rory McIlroy and thought it was pretty funny. [QUOTE]Q. Isn’t it amazing that a 21 year old is miraculously able to shoot par after suffering what golf commentators have deemed the most horrible golf injury in the history of the sport? The gritty performance that required a trainer (whose job prior to this moment was rushing Alka-Seltzer and Visine to John Daly and Rich Beem) to look at the injured appendage and say “Looks good to me. Better put an Ace bandage on it. I guess …". Truly one of the great dig deep, gut check performances of a generation. When I’m coaching my 9 year old girls soccer team this weekend I won’t tell them about Ronnie Lott’s finger, Willis Reeds knees, Jack Youngblood’s broken leg, Jordans’ Flu game or Magic Johnson’s fake AIDS. I will tell them the story of a courageous young golfer and how he overcame his ouch. — Phillip H. Here's how I know this is spot on: After spending four days watching the PGA Championship and absorbing the breathless, up-to-the-minute assessments of Rory's condition, my grounded-in-reality-meter became so out of whack that I didn't fully realize this e-mail was all bitter sarcasm until I got to the words "9 year old girls soccer team." I think I've been brainwashed by Jim Nantz. Oh, and that trainer would like you to know that he prefers to go by the golf-ier "physio." Thanks.[/QUOTE] I would have replaced "ouch" with "owie" in the question, though. It wasn't a fun-looking injury, and at his age, McIlroy should have been looking only to the future, but Feherty and the crew made it seems like the kid was never going to move his hand again.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!