Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
inthehole

Big Break - Ireland

Note: This thread is 2013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

198 posts / 19720 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

I'm confused about Bennet. He definitely acts like a jerk, but at the same time he's kinda playing the game the way he needs to - as in "every man for himself". Conversely, I think Nicole is also a bit of a jerk, at least on the course.

I agree, the guy is a jerk. Bad attitude and changing things around. Why single yourself out at the beginning? Make friends and then go all out with the "one against all" mentality in the later shows. Right now, I'm betting on Matt, he appears to have the most game. As far as the ladies, I'll root for Mallory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!


I think this as well....and I suppose this is what I was trying to imply about my first post about Bennet...

Originally Posted by Dave H

I'm confused about Bennet. He definitely acts like a jerk, but at the same time he's kinda playing the game the way he needs to - as in "every man for himself". Conversely, I think Nicole is also a bit of a jerk, at least on the course.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nina Rodriguez played golf from the same place that I took it up; San Jose State University. SJ is actually her home town. I'd be kidding myself if I said she was an exception: there are plenty of other talented ladies around these parts.

Damn good program @ my school it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by ejimsmith

off the topic here, remember in that last co-ed big break, that dude won an entry to justin timberlake's pga tourney?  does anyone know how he did?

Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger

That tournament is next week. Anthony Rodriguez got the exemption.

He finished +4 and missed the cut.  I feel bad for him.  After seeing how emotional he was when he got that exemption, it showed how hard it is for players like him to make it and stay on the tour.

As much as I love golf, I can't imagine what it is like to grind away week after week without the same resources that top tour players have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to watch it last night but there are way too many commercial breaks. Haven't checked to see if it available 'on demand' yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Grumpter

Tried to watch it last night but there are way too many commercial breaks. Haven't checked to see if it available 'on demand' yet.


I'm with ya there. I don't think they show even 10 mins of the show at any one time before they go to commercial. On a side note, I love me some Nina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades


Originally Posted by case31

He finished +4 and missed the cut.  I feel bad for him.  After seeing how emotional he was when he got that exemption, it showed how hard it is for players like him to make it and stay on the tour.

As much as I love golf, I can't imagine what it is like to grind away week after week without the same resources that top tour players have.


If nothing else, the timing worked out well for Anthony, like a high level warm up. I'd guess he will be in PGA Q School first stage in a few weeks. Last year he made it to second stage.

I looked at his Timberlake stats and one of them was shocking: He averaged 338.5 yards on the first day, 2nd longest in the entire field. I don't remember anything resembling that type of distance during his two Big Break appearances at Mesquite and Dominican Republic.

Otherwise, his ball striking was poor, a low percentage of greens in regulation. And he made far too many mistakes. That seems to be the theme among Big Break players who play big tour events; they can't limit the above-par holes. Ryann has the same tendency but she typically overcomes it with high percentage of birdies. Gerina (Mendoza) Piller actually is the steadiest of the Big Break alums. She has a chance at a long LPGA career, particularly if she increases her birdie rate just enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mallory proved she's a better golfer than they were giving her credit for this week.  At first I questioning Bennets heart with his decision to sit out of the competition but it appears he was really sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree, Mallory stepped up and did what she needed to do. I was surprised to see Matt go so early though. I really thought he would be one of the finalists. Matt can pretty much blame Mark for being in elimination in the first place. I was shocked to see him get so excited over the other team celebrating their win the immunity challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by jacob1

+1 for Kelly.....



To each their own. I personally don't care for makeup so caked on but that's my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish this was played in a warmer climate!!

The extra layers of clothing ruins the golf swing......(thats my story, and I'm sticking with it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I wish this was played in a warmer climate!!

The extra layers of clothing ruins the golf swing......(thats my story, and I'm sticking with it)



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also expecting Matt to go on further. I'm happy Mallory is still around though.

Originally Posted by Dave H

I agree, Mallory stepped up and did what she needed to do. I was surprised to see Matt go so early though. I really thought he would be one of the finalists. Matt can pretty much blame Mark for being in elimination in the first place. I was shocked to see him get so excited over the other team celebrating their win the immunity challenge.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 2013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...