IGNORED

When is your final round of the year?

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well...I'm in California and can play all 365. That said, I'll be visiting my hometown next week and I'm hoping to squeeze in a round. Given it's Michigan, I'm guessing it'll be my last Midwest round of the year!

This is my first proper winter of Golfing. I wasn't planning on stopping.. is that wrong?

Last year we had a work golf day and there was some snow on the ground (East of England). sure it was a little cold but at that time of year everything you do is a little cold unless you in stay indoors. So if you are going to out you may as well play golf, right? In anycase I've finally found a 'wife approved activity' that gets me out of the house and I'm not giving it up just because the earth is tilted the wrong way for a bit.

The last possible/comfortable round of the season on the northern end of the Jersey Shore was November 30th in 2010. I think it snowed on December 1st and the temp. didn't get above the low 40s until March. And if it did get above the low 40s, there was snow on the ground. Hopefully we make it to late November again.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In PA, we can usually play up to Thanksgiving.     Love fall golf - it's usually like you bought the golf course for the afternoon  ... rarely any crowds out there (I don't mind losing a few balls in the leaves)

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

We pretty much play year round in middle TN. Course closes for snow and opens late when the greens freeze so late December thru February can be hit or miss.

lol I hate losing a great drive or approach shot due to the leaves. You clearly see the area where your ball lands from where you hit it and you never see that ball again! Nothing more frustrating in my opinion. A buddy of mine is some kind of freak though with an eagle-eye. He plays his yellow tours throughout fall and still manages to locate his damn ball. I use pure whites and lose 2-3 a round in the fall!

We're just getting into overseeding the courses for the winter Snowbird Season. Greens are usually the quickest and smoothest during our 'winter'. Worst I'll see is a frost delay. :)

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Originally Posted by inthehole

In PA, we can usually play up to Thanksgiving.     Love fall golf - it's usually like you bought the golf course for the afternoon  ... rarely any crowds out there (I don't mind losing a few balls in the leaves)

I'm almost embarrassed to admit I have lived in the Philly burbs for over 30 years and have never played golf in this area past September. Up until 2004 I would get in 70-80 rounds from April until the beginning of September. I was happy with the amount of rounds I was playing so the first day below about 60 degrees would mark the end of my season. Late 2004 I had the car accident and my rounds per year decreased drastically. My game was so frustrating that by 2009 I only played a handful of times, while 2010 I only played once. This year I forced my way through the pain/frustration and plan to play as long as I can. My scores aren't where I want them to be but at least I am looking forward to days on the course again. In fact since today is supposed to be so nice I'm most likely going to take a half day.

Mid - end of November weather permitting.  A few ranges here are heated and stay open most of the year so I'll be spending time there once the courses close.

Joe Paradiso

I live in Texas.  My final round is the day before it snows once every 3 years.  Opening season is usually the day after when it melts and gets hot again.  Weather's just starting to cool off, so people are coming out of their air-conditioned caves to schedule some golf, so the courses are really busy right now.  Today it's only supposed to get up to 92, so I'm only planning on drinking one Gatorade instead of two.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by Fourputt

I don't ever anticipate a final round.  If the weather dictates it, then maybe it happens, but we have a 50-50 chance of playing right up to the new year, with only an occasional break for weather.  Around here it's just wait and see - keep playing until you can't.

I'm only on hour north of Fourputt, so..... what he said!  Only thing that stops us is if there is too much snow on the greens.

I got a tee time next wednesday, Oct 12th, I hope its not my last round here but I have a feeling it may be, but we are heading to Scottsdale for a week at the end of November and I plan on playing everyday while there.

Driver- Titleist 910 D3 9.5

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

My last round will be December 31st. I love living in Ca. --- I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.674092,-118.774166

My only problem with golf is that I am usually standing too close to the ball............ after I hit it.
In my bag

Ping G30 Driver

Ping G25 3 wood

Titleist AP2 3-PW

Edel wedges

Edel putter

As long as its around 50* or warmer. I've golfed in colder weather and hated it. So probably will be able to play up until the mid to end of november.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Most of our public courses here in Northeast Ohio (at least the public courses, anyway) will not shut down until the snow accumulates. We really cannot predict or anticipate snow fall here though, as right now. at this very moment, it is 82° and can reach 40° by next week. That is Ohio weather for you at its finest! I'm hoping that we can at least make it to mid-November this year. We've had snow on Halloween here before though and then had an "indian summer" where we hit the high 60's in November. As long as the snow holds off, we can golf because there is nothing to melt and create a swamp on the course.

(We obviously expect 50"+ of snow through December-January though. At that point, golfing is out of the question until late mid-April unfortunately).

Played until mid-November last year with pretty decent weather. Just put on the Cold Gear, toque and warm weather gloves and keep going until they shut it down for the winter - then it's indoors at the golf dome until April :(

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Note: This thread is 4492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!