IGNORED

Road to becoming a professional golfer

Travis Robinson
Note: This thread is 2345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by golf55

So dating someone younger means sleazebag?

No - guys in their 50s chasing teenagers and young women in their 20s does.

You'd be happy for your 20 year old daughter to be sleeping with a guy in his 50s?

It would be fine if you were having dinner with her on her birthday and a guy older than you made a pass at her?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

No - guys in their 50s chasing teenagers and young women in their 20s does.

You'd be happy for your 20 year old daughter to be sleeping with a guy in his 50s?

It would be fine if you were having dinner with her on her birthday and a guy older than you made a pass at her?

I don't see anything wrong with that since he's not forcing these girls to date him. These girls want to date him so enough said.

If I ever have a daughter I would be very protective over her.

Yeah, sorry, but if you're in your 50's and dating women who are younger than your daughters would be, there's an issue. It's almost an exact definition of a sleaze-bag. Sorry to say it, but it's kinda creepy to be honest.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by golf55

If I ever have a daughter I would be very protective over her.

I would hope so. And I can guarantee that you would be very active in protecting her from sleazy guys who pretend that they are great golfers and who lie to their buddies about making money in over 50s tournaments (whatever they are) and dating "playmates" to boost their egos. This guy is the epitome of sleaze. I'll bet he's got the gold jewellery and everything else. The biggest giveaway is that he clearly doesn't realise that these girls are in it for his money. I'll bet he never splits a restaurant bill with them.

l'd think that in the mind of a sleazebag, the jump from "hostess" to "playmate" is quite convenient and easy to make.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Agreed, this guy is a douche. Fact is 20 year old girls are easy when you have matured and have money. You can offer them things other 20 year olds can't like travel, large houses, and sex that lasts longer than 5 minutes. With this said, 19-20 year old girls are immature and not anything I am interested in even for me at 26! So yes, any 50 year old after "basically children..." is a sleezbag

Sounds like a complete sleazebag. Amazing also, how he's a "buddy" of yours, you're a golf nut, but you don't know if he ever qualified for a PGA tour or Champions Tour event. My guess is that you hardly know him and you believe every piece of BS he spins your way. :whistle: Your challenge is as follows: i) Name ONE playmate he has dated. ii) Identify these lucrative golf commercials. Betchacantdoit.

Maybe his buddy is Jack Hamm?

Originally Posted by France46

It seems insincere to me, but it is amazing how many girls go for compliments like you are the most/best beautiful/looking ...fill in the blank.

Yes, it's amazing how many girls go for that sort of thing when the guy saying it is throwing/flaunting cash, and amazing how little they go for it otherwise.

Originally Posted by clutchshot

Fact is 20 year old girls are easy when you have matured and have money. You can offer them things other 20 year olds can't like travel, large houses, and sex that lasts longer than 5 minutes.

Word.

I'm still trying to figure out how we got into this discussion, though.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Fact is 20 year old girls are easy when you have matured and have money. You can offer them things other 20 year olds can't like travel, large houses, and sex that lasts longer than 5 minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

Maybe his buddy is Jack Hamm?

No

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Yes, it's amazing how many girls go for that sort of thing when the guy saying it is throwing/flaunting cash, and amazing how little they go for it otherwise.

Word.

I'm still trying to figure out how we got into this discussion, though.

He was even better at picking up girls when he was young and broke, but now that he is older, nice restaurants and trips help along with the fact he is still funny, fit and good looking for his age.

this

Originally Posted by golf55

plays 50+ events? so I'm guessing your friend is over 50+? How does he have so many gfs at that age. I'm in my 20s and have hard time meeting girls.

So Travis is down to a 6, will he make it to a scratch?

Haha, back on track huh? The thing is being a scratch handicap doesn't mean you can play on tour, there are a lot of scratch golfers our there. Tour players are under scratch on extremely hard courses. With that said, keep pushing Travis, I hope you make it!

Haha, back on track huh?

The thing is being a scratch handicap doesn't mean you can play on tour, there are a lot of scratch golfers our there. Tour players are under scratch on extremely hard courses.

With that said, keep pushing Travis, I hope you make it!

agreed, just trying to be a bit more realistic.

Honestly, professional players just have God given ability that you can't acquire no matter how much you practice.  One of my friends from high school is the best player I've ever played with, he holds our home course's record, has won state championships and could have played for any college in the nation but he's struggling on the mini tours right now.  Of course you have to chase your dreams but if becoming a pro doesn't work out then hopefully that journey and your passion for golf will lead you to a different job opportunity in the field.

And the only way to successfully meet girls on a consistent basis is to go out with your buddies with the mindset of having a good time instead of trying to pick up girls, only then will girls want to hang out with you.  Unless you're loaded of course.

I know a 23 year old that shot 62 (par 71) from 7,000 yards to win the County Am 3 years ago. He has been gold as an am since them. He is a plus cap and shoots 67 on an average day. He is thinking about turning pro. He has the physical ability, has performed under pressure and in competition, has a good mental game, and has a mini-sponsor lined up. Even he knows it's a long shot but he is in a great position to try.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by France46

but now that he is older, nice restaurants and trips help along with the fact he is still funny, fit and good looking for his age.

Sounds to me like you fell into his trap along with the numerous playmates

• Upvote 1

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

So yes, any 50 year old after "basically children..." is a sleezbag

Half your age plus seven is the limit of respectability. So this is my last year to bag 29-year-olds. Theoretically.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I know a 23 year old that shot 62 (par 71) from 7,000 yards to win the County Am 3 years ago. He has been gold as an am since them. He is a plus cap and shoots 67 on an average day. He is thinking about turning pro. He has the physical ability, has performed under pressure and in competition, has a good mental game, and has a mini-sponsor lined up. Even he knows it's a long shot but he is in a great position to try.

Based on that information, it does sound like he is in a good position.  I find it hard to believe a 6 handicap is in a good position to do it within 2 years, but honestly these levels of golf that we are discussing are foreign to me.  I would think that a 6 is miles away from scratch, and scratch is miles away from the tours.  Thus, a 6 is light years away from the professional tours.  Hopefully the OP will continue to update his progress, but I fear he will simply say "follow me on Twitter!"

F**k twitter.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Bump-n-MI

Sounds to me like you fell into his trap along with the numerous playmates

Usually by that age men have acquired some degree of maturity.  Sounds like this guy (and his PR agent on this thread) skipped that step.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by Shorty

I would hope so. And I can guarantee that you would be very active in protecting her from sleazy guys who pretend that they are great golfers and who lie to their buddies about making money in over 50s tournaments (whatever they are) and dating "playmates" to boost their egos. This guy is the epitome of sleaze. I'll bet he's got the gold jewellery and everything else. The biggest giveaway is that he clearly doesn't realise that these girls are in it for his money. I'll bet he never splits a restaurant bill with them.

l'd think that in the mind of a sleazebag, the jump from "hostess" to "playmate" is quite convenient and easy to make.

BTW, there was another thread asking your whereabouts.

Welcome back

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!