IGNORED

Monthly Award Winners Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Oh if only there was a dumb-ass comment category...

Staff and administrators are ineligible.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Staff and administrators are ineligible.

So I'm a shoe in!

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Nice job, Clambake...way to keep that spotlight-hog BeachComber off the podium this month!

Yeah, well done, Clambake.  Sorry Jetfan, I tried. ;)

And congrats scfanatic too!  So long as somebody in the family is on the podium, the streak is alive!

Originally Posted by Stretch

Yay, TourSpoon's back, with a bang!

Also, congrats Clambake!

Thanks guys. Rory walking off the course helped my cause. I couldn't have done it without him!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Oh if only there was a dumb-ass comment category...

Wait a minute, are you saying there isn't one?    #$@%, that's the one I was gunning for!     Oh well, I'll graciously accept this lesser award in it's place.

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, well done, Clambake.  Sorry Jetfan, I tried. ;) And congrats scfanatic too!  So long as somebody in the family is on the podium, the streak is alive!

Sweet! I want to thank my wife, kids, friends and fellow members of this site who made this possible. I also want to thank all of the other rookies who stunk, which made this possible.

Nice job, Clambake...way to keep that spotlight-hog BeachComber off the podium this month!

Yeah, I really slacked this past month... I realized I needed to start making some sales to help fund my golf habit... And not sit on here and post all day!!

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Yeah, I really slacked this past month... I realized I needed to start making some sales to help fund my golf habit... And not sit on here and post all day!!

In Beach's defense, he had a legitimate tooth problem, so he was injured which likely affected his performance.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Congrats guys!

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 9.5*

Wood: 3 Wood Cobra S2 17*

Hybrid: 3 & 4 Hybrid Titleist PT 585 H 21* 24*

Irons: 5-PW Mizuno MP-69 

Wedges: 52*/5 R-12, 58*/10 Black Ox, 64*/7 T-11 Mizuno 

In Beach's defense, he had a legitimate tooth problem, so he was injured which likely affected his performance.

This too!!  I was indeed down for the count for at least 3 or 4 days.

Forget beach and golfingdad, I don't see anyone knocking off Sai-Jin anytime soon.

Are "reputation points" the same thing as the thumbs up?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

Forget beach and golfingdad, I don't see anyone knocking off Sai-Jin anytime soon.

No kidding.  That guy does nothing but write reviews all day!  How does he even have time to PERFORM the reviews? ;)

Yes, pretty sure "reputation points," "thumbs ups," and "skins" are all the same thing.

I'm pretty sure this is how it goes: "reputation points" and "thumbs up" are related. Thumbs up are a raw count simply of how many times someone clicked on the thumb button for your posts. Reputation points are thumbs up multiplied by the different weightings given for admins, mods, supporters, forum leaders, registered users, etc. (E.g. when I give you a thumbs up, you get more rep points than when a newbie gives you a thumbs up. So beg! :-P)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
Originally Posted by jamo

I'm pretty sure this is how it goes: "reputation points" and "thumbs up" are related. Thumbs up are a raw count simply of how many times someone clicked on the thumb button for your posts. Reputation points are thumbs up multiplied by the different weightings given for admins, mods, supporters, forum leaders, registered users, etc. (E.g. when I give you a thumbs up, you get more rep points than when a newbie gives you a thumbs up. So beg! )

That's about it. But I think you need 11 points for yours to start counting, and the most anyone can give is about 3 "points" right now (me: 2 because I'm an admin/mod, and 1 more because my own reputation is so high).

Let's see...

The last thumbs up I gave had a weight of 3.29444444 (repeating).

Forum posts are given a weight of 1 (gallery images are given 0.25, reviews a weight of 1, wiki articles 0).

Newly registered users start with 10, but you need 11 for your votes to count.

You get an additional 1x voting power for every 360 reputation points you have (this is where the fractions come in, I believe).

Finally, moderators get a boost of 1 (not admins though, so it doesn't apply to me).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Yeah, well done, Clambake.  Sorry Jetfan, I tried. ;)

And congrats scfanatic too!  So long as somebody in the family is on the podium, the streak is alive!

Haha, yea you did. Seven of my twenty-one thumbs ups from last month were courtesy of you. Appreciated, my friend!

Clam defeated me fairly and soundly though. It was inevitable that he won one of these one of these months

Constantine

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Haha, yea you did. Seven of my twenty-one thumbs ups from last month were courtesy of you. Appreciated, my friend!

Clam defeated me fairly and soundly though. It was inevitable that he won one of these one of these months

I think we were well on our way ... and then you got hurt.  Did you hurt your typing fingers too?

We'll get 'em next time!

Of course, can't take anything away from Clambake and his stellar posts of the last month.  He is only about quality, whereas Beach and myself, we are more about quantity. :)  He's like the Daniel Day Lewis to my Nicolas Cage and Beach's James Franco.  If we put ourselves into enough movies, some of them are bound to be decent.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I think we were well on our way ... and then you got hurt.  Did you hurt your typing fingers too?

We'll get 'em next time!

Of course, can't take anything away from Clambake and his stellar posts of the last month.  He is only about quality, whereas Beach and myself, we are more about quantity. :)  He's like the Daniel Day Lewis to my Nicolas Cage and Beach's James Franco.  If we put ourselves into enough movies, some of them are bound to be decent.

LOL, hilarious. Hey, I love the Rock. Great movie. Stanley Goodspeed!

My wrist got pretty battered there. Still healing. Waddayagonnado. I'll live! Now I know why golf's a four letter word.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 2215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!