IGNORED

The 2012 Masters Discussion Thread

xxsoultonesxx
Note: This thread is 4399 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I heard Phil changed his shafts recenlty. Not sure why he would do that right before the Masters?

Because it's Phil, and he always does that sort of thing? ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How rank was the telecast? There were ads literally every 3-4 golf shots in the early coverage. I did not wake up at 3 am to watch advertisements every 5 minutes. Our provider actually apologised on air, apparently they couldn't do much as espn or whoever was the network in America was going to ads very frequently. Also, didn't see a single shot of Garcia, and saw way too much putting. Tiger hit it everywhere too. Maybe going to bad habits under pressure?

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I asked the same question a couple of pages back. Watching the replay on ESPN now & Stenson's playing 18...he just butchered the hole. And lost his cool. Can't see him wearing a green jacket if he can't control his emotions.

I agree. I finally saw the replay too, he totally lost it.

Ya I agree, what's up with all the commercial interuptions?

What happened to the quote from Billy Pain "we are glad to provide you full coverage with LIMITED commercial interuptions".

I don't like it that ESPN covers the first two days of the Masters now. And Mike Turico needs to stick to baseball.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

I think Bubba has recently proved himself WAY more than a guy who hits it 350 at will, but cannot handle anything else on the course. His last par? That was SICK. Out of a bunker, only to hit the freaking bunker, and then get up and down from what, 120 yards???

I'll tell you what, I didnt even think of Bubba when thinking about who would win. If he can put up similar rounds for the next day or two, he will be a factor on Sunday...but who knows, anything can happen!

Originally Posted by Ben

I was watching the end of day action on masters.com. Bubba Watson being in one of the featured groups. He has become unwatchable for me. Not that I really watched him before, but his swing is just way too awkward. On top he hit a couple of squirrely shots and the look of helplessness on his face didn't help his cause at all. I guess he finished alright though...

With Craig Stadler mentioned several times, it brings back the memory of what he did on the first tee at his first Masters Tournament.  Total whiff.  I didn't see it but I read it in the paper.  With all the golf I watched over the years, I have never seen or heard of a PGA player totally whiffing his shot.  That first hole is intimidating, with it being the first shot of the tournament and it's a narrow fairway.

Originally Posted by Ben

He has become unwatchable for me. Not that I really watched him before, but his swing is just way too awkward.

Although his swing is ugly, I can't watch him because of his twitter and youtube videos.  I never thought somebody could make Phil look totally sincere and witty, but Bubba does.

Originally Posted by Rudyprimo

With Craig Stadler mentioned several times, it brings back the memory of what he did on the first tee at his first Masters Tournament.  Total whiff.  I didn't see it but I read it in the paper.  With all the golf I watched over the years, I have never seen or heard of a PGA player totally whiffing his shot.  That first hole is intimidating, with it being the first shot of the tournament and it's a narrow fairway.

I'd love to see video of that.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Any way to find out who the featured groupings are going to be tomorrow, or do we have to wait until a few minutes before they go live on the website?

Brandon

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Any way to find out who the featured groupings are going to be tomorrow, or do we have to wait until a few minutes before they go live on the website?

Brandon

Tiger, Tiger and more Tiger :)

Same 3 somes as today, just the tee times are switched

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

If Bubba won a green jacket, do you think they would let him drive the general lee on the grounds?

More chance of it happening there than anywhere else, Id say.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by mvmac

Same 3 somes as today, just the tee times are switched

That couldn't be more depressing.  Guess there is no reason to cut my round short tomorrow then.

Brandon

And speaking of bombers, where's Dustin Johnson? nevermind.. just did a google search, back injury...

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

I think Bubba has recently proved himself WAY more than a guy who hits it 350 at will, but cannot handle anything else on the course. His last par? That was SICK. Out of a bunker, only to hit the freaking bunker, and then get up and down from what, 120 yards???

I'll tell you what, I didnt even think of Bubba when thinking about who would win. If he can put up similar rounds for the next day or two, he will be a factor on Sunday...but who knows, anything can happen!

I mean, I can't deny that he's held his own out on tour. He's a winner, and that certianly does take more talent then just bombing drivers and hitting 8irons 190yards. But still, personally, something just doesn't sit right when I watch him...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Unless Lee (Clint Eastwood) Westwood starts feeling sorry for the rest of the contenders, its already in the bag. He'll know it himself, three 69's to win by a country mile. I think he's got another three 67's in his bag, no sweat. I'll back Tiger and Bubba to make the cut though. (Just)

Bubba looks hazardous out there, but he's definitely got the game. I don't care for the videos and stuff. He got around the course today with a good score after some good scrambling, but like earlier, I have a hard time seeing his big swing hold up on a Sunday.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

With Craig Stadler mentioned several times, it brings back the memory of what he did on the first tee at his first Masters Tournament.  Total whiff.  I didn't see it but I read it in the paper.  With all the golf I watched over the years, I have never seen or heard of a PGA player totally whiffing his shot.

I've seen them do it several times, but it was always when they got too cute with a flop shot or something, and went under the ball. I've never seen one do it from the tee, though.

Any way to find out who the featured groupings are going to be tomorrow, or do we have to wait until a few minutes before they go live on the website? Brandon

"Featured Group No. 1 Fred Couples, Luke Donald and Steve Stricker (9:24 a.m.) Dustin Johnson, Adam Scott and Nick Watney (11:47 a.m.) Tiger Woods, Graeme McDowell, Robert Allenby (1:48 p.m.) Featured Group No. 2 Anthony Kim, Henrik Stenson and Steve Marino (9:35 a.m.) Additional groupings to be determined on Friday." http://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2011-04-05/201104051302030130700.html If I'm not mistaken, they won't pick up Tiger's group until Scott's group is done, which means it will be well into the live TV coverage, and therefore pretty useless. Yesterday was when they should have featured Tiger. Apparently they are still deeply disappointed in Tiger (or maybe feeling totally vindicated in their pre-1990 policy). At his press conference, Billy Payne took a minute to say how great the sales were of the video game featuring Augusta, but he couldn't bring himself to say what its name was, because that would have involved saying "Tiger Woods."

Note: This thread is 4399 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!