IGNORED

The 2012 Masters Discussion Thread

xxsoultonesxx
Note: This thread is 4416 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mvmac

Wow, I can't believe he said this out loud.  I can't say I feel sorry for him, I get that he's disappointed but jeez, you've got fans and sponsors pulling for you.  Can't imagine what Seve would think if he heard this.

I would imagine it would be something like this -

As Mark Harmon's character said, "Snap out of it."

Wow, I can't believe he said this out loud.  I can't say I feel sorry for him, I get that he's disappointed but jeez, you've got fans and sponsors pulling for you.  Can't imagine what Seve would think if he heard this.

Seve just rolled over in his grave.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

amazing how poorly tiger has played, and his worst round is only a 75.

his best beats anyone elses, and his worst is still better than anyone elses worst.  if that makes any sense...

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by colin007

amazing how poorly tiger has played, and his worst round is only a 75.

his best beats anyone elses, and his worst is still better than anyone elses worst.  if that makes any sense...

Yes, I know what you are saying!

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Useless factoid: Els, Goosen and Schwartzel all had their first win in the US in a Major. Oosthuizen would continue that streak.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

We're live in our Cover it Live chatroom, which you can find on the main page of the [URL=http://thesantrap.com/b]blog[/URL] or at the link below: http://thesandtrap.com/b/pga/2012_masters_tournament_final_round_live_chat

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I could not disagree more.

Here we have a player whose career has been characterised by disappointment (failure if you like) at majors. From the outset, they were his focus, as he was presumably going to be a sparring partner for Woods and for a long time.

It hasn't worked out that way. Four times a year he is reminded, painfully, of the fact that his career has not been what he hoped for. Of course he has won gaziliions of dollars, but he knows that majors are what define you as a top professional.

Now - to get to my point. Here we have a player who feels the disappointment and is so disappointed with himself that he doesn't mind expressing it. He gives the honest answer as he feels at that moment and you criticise him for it.

He could have said he'd have more chances, he's still young, Jack won at such and such an age, look at Freddy, three more chances this year etc. etc.

He didn't. He was honest.

Compares pretty favourably to the "I'm just going to go out and enjoy it, play one shot at a time" crap we're used to."

I think you have to respect him. It may sound defeatist, it may sound self-pitying. At least it was honest.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Wow!!!!!! Just WOW!!!!! That was awesome. Congrats Oosthuizen!!

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Double eagle and gave the ball away.

University of Illinois - Springfield Golf Team

Titleist 913 w/ Tour AD DI-6

Titleist 906 3 Wood w/ Proforce V2

Bridgestone J36 Hybrid

Mizuno MP 64 - Project X 6.0

Titleist 50, 56 Spin Milled - Project X 6.0

Scotty Cameron Newport

Yeah, amazing he gave the ball away. Wonder if the "patron" in the gallery will keep it or if it will end up in a trophy case at Agusta?

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

• Administrator

http://thesandtrap.com/b/pga/2012_masters_tournament_final_round_live_chat

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Jmdmbike

Yeah, amazing he gave the ball away. Wonder if the "patron" in the gallery will keep it or if it will end up in a trophy case at Agusta?

How and why would it end up in  trophy case at Augusta? Why wouldn't the guy keep it?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Just saw Mickelson on TV take a 6 on a par-3, the commentators seemed to indicate he might have been better off taking stroke and distance and heading back to the tee. Probably a coin flip to play it as it lays versus taking a penalty do-over.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Note: This thread is 4416 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!