IGNORED

What are your other sports/hobbies/activities?

dak4n6
Note: This thread is 3993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Besides golf, my other vices are wine and watches. Pretty much the middle-aged male trifecta.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is working on my MBA a hobby?

Now that it's summer time in South Dakota I golf every chance I get.  I work 6 days in a row (working on school work while at work!) followed by 4 days off.  Those 4 days off are usually spent golfing so to be honest I don't do much else.

If I'm not golfing or working (USAF or school work) I'm usually outside doing something.  My fiance and I love hiking in the Blackhills so I guess to answer the OP, hiking...

I am taking the year off from doing school work and I plan to be in a masters level anesthesia or practitioner program by next fall.  My only hobby is to get a lot of golf in over this next year. Then my hobby with be school again for a few years.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

I absolutely love to cook, mostly French and Italian but I dabble in a lot of other cuisine as well. I'm with Stretch on the wine, love it. Whisky too! Used to play guitar but haven't in ages. Been a dad for going on seven years, two boys, obviously not a hobby but I love what it gives me.
  • Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Fly fishing and sailing.

Add them to golf, and you've pretty much found the best ways known to man to make money disappear.......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Fly fishing and sailing.  Add them to golf, and you've pretty much found the best ways known to man to make money disappear.......  :doh:

...at least while keeping your pants on. ;-)

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Guitar - 80's metal head.

Fishing - used to fish tournaments with pro style bass boats.     Now have weeds growing up through the wheels and barely get my boats wet since I've discovered golf now in my 3rd year - need to regain some semblance of balance.

Woodworking - pre-golf, was into woodworking hardcore.    Still have all the stationary & hand tools in my shop, but like my boats, they're covered in dust and rusting.

What is it about golf that results in such obsessive compulsive behavior ????????

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by inthehole

What is it about golf that results in such obsessive compulsive behavior ???????

Is that a direct quote of my wife?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Hiking and just starting to get into alpine climbing. These have kind of taken a backseat to golf since I started playing seriously about a year ago though. I also play basketball pretty regularly. Golf has me hooked hard though, it pretty much gets all of my free time these days.

skydiving, scuba diving, rock climbing, general working out

you think golf is a wallet drainer?

Bill - 

Avid hiker and backpacker. Also love to travel. Just drove 1600+ miles from Colorado to Virginia and never saw any reason to complain (although Kansas is always incredibly boring to drive through). And of course, after living in craft beer central (Colorado's Front Range) I have become a bit of a beer drinker. I enjoy working out, but primarily do it for health reasons, so I don't consider it a hobby.

Golf does consume most of my time though. In a given month, I golf 3 out of 4 weekends and who knows how many weekdays. The other stuff needs a lot of other variables synced to happen. (Except for the beer of course)

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

...at least while keeping your pants on.

"If it floats, flies or f***s -- then it's always going to work out cheaper to lease rather than to buy."

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

skydiving, scuba diving, rock climbing, general working out you think golf is a wallet drainer?

Skydivers are a little, ahem.... Different. I used to fly skydivers. One day they THREW ME OUT OF THE AIRPLANE! Thought it was enormously funny. Me, not so much. Things got a little ugly when everyone finally got down....... ......next time up, not one of them landed within 2 miles of zone. Oops. ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Skydivers are a little, ahem.... Different.

I used to fly skydivers. One day they THREW ME OUT OF THE AIRPLANE! Thought it was enormously funny. Me, not so much. Things got a little ugly when everyone finally got down.......

......next time up, not one of them landed within 2 miles of zone. Oops.

LOL - tough crowd !!    This begs the question ... who flew the plane after your dramatic exit ??

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by David in FL

I used to fly skydivers. One day they THREW ME OUT OF THE AIRPLANE!

Am I the only one who thinks these skydivers are INSANE? Getting tossed out of a plane? Geez...that's nuts!

Tandem jumping is fun, but I wouldn't skydive as a hobby. I dabble a bit in bowling, football, downhill skiing. Other than that I roam around the internet, work as adminstrator on one board and like to help out where I can out there. I play a bit of games on PC and Xbox, and watch live streams at Twitch.tv. I would also consider music a hobby, as it is a pretty important part of my life, though I don't practice it myself.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I have a relative who owns an archery company, so for me it has been easy to get into archery and bow hunting.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 3993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!