IGNORED

2012 US Open at Olympic Club Discussion Thread

k-troop
Note: This thread is 4476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

McDowell is looking pretty good out there. Hitting fairways, greens and making birdies. Not the most flamboyant player out there, but he can be very consistent and knows how to play a big tournament.

Those pink pants are using up all of his flamboyant-ness.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

-1 will be leading at the end of the day.  I'd be shocked if Thompson doesn't give a few shots back early in his round.  Anyone around +3 or +4 at the end of the day still has a reasonable chance.  This could set up to be a dogfight between McDowell, Tiger and Furyk.  I half-expect Furyk to fade a bit.  I'd put my money on a McDowell/Tiger Sunday pairing with no more than 2 shots separating the both of them.

Of course...there is a LOT of golf to be played until then.

• Upvote 1

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

-1 will be leading at the end of the day.  I'd be shocked if Thompson doesn't give a few shots back early in his round.  Anyone around +3 or +4 at the end of the day still has a reasonable chance.  This could set up to be a dogfight between McDowell, Tiger and Furyk.  I half-expect Furyk to fade a bit.  I'd put my money on a McDowell/Tiger Sunday pairing with no more than 2 shots separating the both of them. Of course...there is a LOT of golf to be played until then.  :-)

I think we might see Tiger get to -2 or -3, but yeah, those seem to be the cast of characters who will be involved come Sunday. Westwood is battling hard too, wouldn't be surprised if he makes up a few more shots. He's bunkered right now though. [quote name="brocks" url="/t/58696/2012-us-open-at-olympic-club-discussion-thread/396#post_725718"] Something tells me that a guy who wears pants like that has an unlimited supply. [/quote] Ha! Maybe so.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Furyk, Sergio, and McDowell is the loopy swings group.

In my bag:

a few birdies comin up on 18?

I would definitely enjoy a mcdowell tiger sunday

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

There's a good chance the eventual winner is coming from the McDowell-Furyk-Garcia group. Even Sergio's playing on form.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

There's a good chance the eventual winner is coming from the McDowell-Furyk-Garcia group. Even Sergio's playing on form.

is sergio still not hitting the range prior to his rounds?  i remember last year at congressional he'd hit a few chips, sink a few putts, then let it rock off the first tee.  i haven't paid attention/heard anything about it since.

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

is sergio still not hitting the range prior to his rounds?  i remember last year at congressional he'd hit a few chips, sink a few putts, then let it rock off the first tee.  i haven't paid attention/heard anything about it since.

Not sure, but I heard the puta fly several times on the live coverage.  Probably couldn't hurt to get out some of the aggression on the range.  Definitely striking the ball fairly well though.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I'm calling it now. Thompson shoots 76 today. All it takes is those 22 putts to turn into 32.

I'll agree with this. No way in hell he can keep putting lights out on those greens.

Tiger stays steady today, and will shoot another -1 round. I think the leaders will be at -2. McDowel will be there too.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I'm calling it now. Thompson shoots 76 today. All it takes is those 22 putts to turn into 32.

Originally Posted by Motley01

I'll agree with this. No way in hell he can keep putting lights out on those greens.

Tiger stays steady today, and will shoot another -1 round. I think the leaders will be at -2. McDowel will be there too.

I agree with both of you.  Tiger will be at -2 tonight and there will be a 3 or 4 way tie for second at even par.

Well done Furyk, sitting at even through 16 holes and tied for fourth. It's got to be hard for him out there, with all the long holes.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Aquaguru

Does anyone know what clubs Andy Xzang (spelling?) uses.  I'm interested to see what a 14 year old uses

I don't know, but when I was 14 I was riding my BMX bike around the neighborhood. I still can't beleive this kid qualified, just crazy good.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Does anyone know what clubs Andy Xzang (spelling?) uses.  I'm interested to see what a 14 year old uses

Who cares what clubs he use? Probably the ones that fits him best. I'd like to see his game out on the course. I suspect most will start watching now that the Tiger group heads out. Join me here: http://thesandtrap.com/chat

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

While at the practice rounds Wed I was crossing one of the fairways (they open up the ropes periodically after the players walk past), and I guess the rope-openers hadn't noticed that some of the entourage was lagging behind. As a result none other than Sean Foley brushed past me as he caught up to the player group. I mention this because I considered fake-coughing "Stack and Tilt!", but I had just got there and didn't want to be kicked out so early.

Bill

Note: This thread is 4476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!