IGNORED

2012 US Open at Olympic Club Discussion Thread

k-troop
Note: This thread is 4353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone see the interview at the end where a guy steps right in front of the tv camera and starts hooting?  Pretty funny stuff, hahahaha.  Im sure NBC was PISSED though.

Pretty sure everyone saw that. ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey Parfect, is that small message about your smartphone out of  your control?  Because really i do not give a sh*t about how you send your posts. It's only cheap and obnoxious advertising .

Originally Posted by jamo

Pretty sure everyone saw that.

Except me, because I turned it off and left

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Love the US Open!  My favorite major (actually love BOTH Opens) because for at least one weekend we duffers get to see the worlds best players struggle with bogeys, doubles etc.... t'is truly the toughest test in golf...

one other thought for everyone: If the Olympic club is this difficult what mere mortal golfer would want to be a member?!  LOL

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

fyuriks nerves seemed to get to him. Why does simpson still use 909?

I have heard that a lot of the Titleist staffers still use 909 because it spins less than 910D3.  Funny that for the titleist guys, no matter what clubs are in your bag, you're still going to have 910 headcovers.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

BTW love that Webb won--nice to have a forum member with a major championship trophy.  But what kind of major GAG was Furyk's back nine today?  Totally didn't expect that from him.  Actually makes me like him more, since he is soooooo boring.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Pretty sure everyone saw that. ;-)

Anyone else immediately wonder whether it was Shorty, unhinged by Simpson's divinely-ordained triumph?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

anyone else hear beau hossler getting heckled?

several time si heard someone say "sitting pretty deep there beau" in reference to his lie in the rough,......and someone said "tough break beau, dont look good" after he hit in a bunker

not sure if thats the norm for the gallery to make reference to a players position like that but it came across to me as being quite douche

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Originally Posted by carpediem4300

not sure if thats the norm for the gallery to make reference to a players position like that but it came across to me as being quite douche

The "frat-boy" idiots who keep yelling out are getting over the top. It's so predicatble and so boring.

For some reason. these guys can't just watch the play, they have to feel like they're an important part of the action.

On the European coverage, Butch Harmon said he was embarrassed by it.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Another episode in the Graveyard of Champions. Another first-time major winner. Webb Simpson really played well over the weekend, but I really didn't see Furyk's back-nine coming. He hit not a lot of good shots down the stretch.

I'm not completly satisfied with the way this sunday played out.

Originally Posted by Shorty

The "frat-boy" idiots who keep yelling out are getting over the top. It's so predicatble and so boring.

For some reason. these guys can't just watch the play, they have to feel like they're an important part of the action.

On the European coverage, Butch Harmon said he was embarrassed by it.

i didnt even mention the idiot on teh first tee screaming "get that ball!" it was the greasy looking dude in a yellow t-shirt,....should be banned from every event

i didnt hear butch comment on it except for the first time it occured when he said something like "the gallery are chatting away and beau is jsut phasing it out"

I doubt he was, i think it had gotten to him half way round

oh and i completely forgot about the muppets chanting "usa, usa, usa" everytime a european player tee'd off,.............not sure either if that was friendly mocking or what, but a bit un-called for i thought

its a shame the only thing i really took away from whats supposed to be one of the hardest majors is the heckling of players by fans,....shame really

Furyk was pretty much in control of himself, his swing & the tournament.

Then a rules official warned them about being behind.

His next full swing he snap-hooks it into the woods & makes bogey, goes on to lose.

Coincidence I think not.

Shame.

I missed that part but if thats how it played out the USGA needs to investigate...there is no reason to start heckling players about slow play with less than 9 holes to go, last group.

I missed that part but if thats how it played out the USGA needs to investigate...there is no reason to start heckling players about slow play with less than 9 holes to go, last group.

It has to do with TV time. Some tournaments end at prime time and networks need to pay the pipers.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by stogiesnbogies

one other thought for everyone: If the Olympic club is this difficult what mere mortal golfer would want to be a member?!  LOL

They set up the course specifically for the US Open. Grow the rough to ridiculous lengths, narrow the fairway, speed up the green's. Olympic when it's not hosting the US Open probably isn't nearly as difficult. I bet for the few weeks leading up to the open the members' indexes went up a bit though.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

Note: This thread is 4353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!