IGNORED

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

El Segundo!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking of "ue" words, I used to have trouble with queue .  Not anymore.  I like the way it's spelled so I can't forget it anymore.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Speaking of "ue" words, I used to have trouble with queue.  Not anymore.  I like the way it's spelled so I can't forget it anymore.

Christ, try French! I live in Vaud reuil and I have a few friends who live Longueuil ! Took me years to be able to spell that on the first attempt!

L-O-N-G-U-E-U-I-L ??? Did they just throw a pile of scrabble squares in the air to get that??? It's pronounced Long-Gay by the way. :blink:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Just waking balls will not produce a good swing and good results unless the swing to being with was good.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Yea my bad on that one. :whistle:

Corrected it! :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yea my bad on that one.

Corrected it!

Why?  It was perfect!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Why?  It was perfect!

I think it would be cruel not to wake your balls before you whack them.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I think it would be cruel not to wake your balls before you whack them.

But shock value is important

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Quote:

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post
Hi guys

I'm after something to help with my yardages. I currently use golfshot on my iphone but now my course in uk is banning in comps due to being able to find out wind speed and direction. I've considered gps watches but after trying a bushnell v2 I was impressed. Problem is the expense of one to buy so was wondering if anyone found any good but cheap laser rangefinders!???

Thanks

What's you're price range?

Fortunately, I was able to edit before anyone called me on it. :doh:

It's been a long week, and it's only Monday...

Tyler Martin

O I thought you were say Weller tried to injury Talib

Woof...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

"Believe." It took me years to remember that it's i-e, even with the pneumonic (I just assumed it was one of the rule-breakers, like "weird").

There are even more words and phrases that I gloss over when I read them. "Double entendre," for instance. I get through "double" and the first few letters of "entendre," and my brain says, "oh ya, it's that word," and moves on.

There are actually more exceptions to the 'I before E, except after C' rule than there are examples. Hence, it is no longer taught as part of the school curriculum in ENgland.

Originally Posted by club ho

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfisher

THIS, I never play net skins especially with higher handicappers for the reason and explanation above. To me there is far more likelyhood of a 18 handicapper playing like a 12-15 then there is a 6 playing like a 4

Your probably right about that but if you keep the wagering reasonable when you are in doubt who cares. I am willing to play higher stakes in groups where I know there handicaps just as long as everyone else is truly comfortable with it.

Both of the classics in one post by Club Ho.  And more issues in the post he quoted (likelihood, an, than).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missouri Swede

I'd give him a pass on this one.  I see too many times where "it's" is used when "its" is correct.  He's just restoring balance to the universe by doing the opposite.

Minor punctuation errors don't bother me, especially considering a lot of us are posting from mobile devices using one finger and relying on autocorrect.

I don't see it as minor punctuation.  It completely changes the meaning from the possessive to an action.  It's so easy to get right too.  All you have to do is ask yourself if the phrase "it is" would be a proper fit in place of "its".

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Because the Black community doesn't hold Tiger up like they do Obama. Basically Tiger has but a wall between himself and that part of the black community. Tiger isn't out spoken about that, and doesn't use his position. So unless you are talking about Friend Chicken , no one is going to call Haney a racist for writing a book about Tiger.

Mmmmm. Friend chicken. (I had fried chicken for lunch BTW. It was delicious. Boneless buffalo wings.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Mmmmm. Friend chicken.

(I had fried chicken for lunch BTW. It was delicious. Boneless buffalo wings.)

Ooops :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I'm probably guilty of this lol

Why You Should Never, Ever Put Two Spaces After A Period

http://www.businessinsider.com/never-put-two-spaces-after-a-period-2014-1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Was anybody here taught anything other than using two spaces after a period in school?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Was anybody here taught anything other than using two spaces after a period in school?

I didn't even know that people used two spaces until a few years ago.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7