IGNORED

5SK Video Thread

Note: This thread is 1841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One minute to a better Key #2:

Really cool drill. Just did it for a minute. . .What's great is that we can see if we sway backwards on the back swing too.

Thanks for this drill.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was procrastinating and decided to make this video. :)

I actually took my chair outside, so I could swing a club (8i) and I guess that "bump" being key #2 is finally ingrained in my swing. I tried to not move my chair, no such luck. Still, I'll do the drill now and then just to be sure I have it... :-D

One minute to a better Key #2:

Very nice.. I did the same exact drill but with a 4 legged chair. The beauty of the drill is that it can be used for both the BS to make sure your not coming off the line much and then unless you push (or lift the chair slightly up in my case) you find out if you are getting your hips forward it or not.. I guess I'm ahead of the curve. http://thesandtrap.com/t/69581/my-swing-abu3baid/560_10#post_1112987

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whenever I try to swing out I usually start hitting the hosel. I guess my arms are getting farther away from my body. So how do I swing out without getting my arms farther away from my body?

• Administrator
Notice on that video, the guy making the swing take notice of the position of the right elbow in relation to the body.

This thread has a bunch of videos. Please quote or something so we know what you're talking about.

Whenever I try to swing out I usually start hitting the hosel. I guess my arms are getting farther away from my body. So how do I swing out without getting my arms farther away from my body?

Feel free to start a member swing thread, being able to see the swing will help us answer your question.

http://thesandtrap.com/f/4180/member-swings

• 1 month later...

I think my incorrect set up is causing my fat shots and poor ball striking. I think I got away from pressing the club forward like I should be doing. Good video. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

[5 Simple Keys® Key #3 (Inline Impact) with a Hockey Puck] Video

Thanks.  I have a hockey puck, so I'm all set for this drill!

I tried this drill with a golf ball and it was hard - I'm just not coordinated enough to do it and did not want to spend the time to learn how to. A hockey puck is a lot more reasonable. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a webpage or playlist that groups all videos for each key together? I'm sure I've seen one in the past - just can't find it again!

Is there a webpage or playlist that groups all videos for each key together? I'm sure I've seen one in the past - just can't find it again!

http://purestrike5sk.com/videos.php

• Upvote 1

Hey Mike, I'm in doubt of my flexibility. It seems that if I keep my lead arm straight. As soon as I hinge my wrist my arm bends. I have some arthritis in my ac joint but not sure that's the issue. A4 is where I think my swing goes haywire. I know Rickie doesn't have much forearm rotation up to A2...overall do you think having that internal rotation is a better way to go? Sorry I'm a little scattered here.....if I stand straight up and stick my right arm out (I'm left handed ) and then place it against my chest...if I then hinge my wrist my arm bends immediately? Does this make sense?

http://purestrike5sk.com/videos.php

Mike--There are some videos in this thread that aren't in the purestrike5sk web page.  A couple examples are "Key #2--Follow through turning rates" (post 196 of this thread) and "Key #3 (inline impact) with a hockey puck" (post 315).  I don't know if there are others.  But it would be great if that list could be kept complete--you guys make great material!

Also, is there a link to the videos on the purestrike5sk.com home page?  (I finally bookmarked the video link in my browser after I couldn't find it except through TST.)

Thanks!

• Administrator
Mike--There are some videos in this thread that aren't in the purestrike5sk web page.  A couple examples are "Key #2--Follow through turning rates" (post 196 of this thread) and "Key #3 (inline impact) with a hockey puck" (post 315).  I don't know if there are others.  But it would be great if that list could be kept complete--you guys make great material!

Also, is there a link to the videos on the purestrike5sk.com home page?  (I finally bookmarked the video link in my browser after I couldn't find it except through TST.)

Thanks!

The PureStrike page went away in favor of 5sk.com which doesn't have a page for videos.

You can follow my YouTube channel (http://youtube.com/iacas) and the "Golf Evolution" page at http://youtube.com/thegolfevolution. We also have a playlist at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9wzVgBx_LuTuTZOu3-SVM2m-Je3tRfqS .

Did we publish this video here yet? Edit: Oops. It's for LSW people only.

Note: This thread is 1841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!