mtnbiker5

How Many Hybrids Do You Carry?

103 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm playing with my bag at the moment, so it's not what my sig says.  It currently go's driver (11°), 4 wood (16°), 4 hybrid (21°), then 4 iron (24°).  I'll probably try driver, 3W, 5W, then 4 iron (or 5 hybrid, they are the same loft) too.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

use 4, 5, 6 and just bought an adams 7 . may never use a conventional iron except from 100 yds in . My game has dramatically improved .

None.

See my signature for my clubs.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just built a 25* Tour Edge XCG5 with an Accra XH 85g Xstiff to add to my 3 and 4 hybrids.  I just don't hit irons well, and a 5iron was iffy at best.  Played the 25* twice now, resulting in two GIR with shots 195-205yds....something that would be a miracle with the 5i.  It leaves a bit of a hole down to my 6i, but it's not a distance I play often and I think I can learn to choke up on the 5h.

I am a bit apprehensive to make the switch until I see how it plays out of sand and punch outs, the 5i was my "go to" club out of fairway bunkers, basically would use it to hit a little punch shot that I could hit 130-150yds.

Two -- both with custom Accra shafts and old heads -- see signature. Use both often off tee on short 4's and long 3's, as a layup club on long par 5's and the "go for it" club on reachable 5's. By choking up or not, I can use these clubs for 175-225 yards.

I replaced my 3 and 4 irons with 3 and 4 hybrids.

My line-up now is 3 wood, 5 wood (rarely used), 3 hybrid, 4 hybrid, 5I-PW, SW, and a 64 wedge.

I have a 10.5* driver, a 15* 3W, a 19* 5W and a 3H (21*), then  5i-PW, along with a SW and a 60* lob.

Originally Posted by mazzamouth

I carry 3.. 17*2H .. 20*3h...23*4h..

I just bought 2 Ping i20 hybrids today.. tomorrow cant come soon enough.

How sick are the i20 hybrids? I love mine

I use one, a 20* PING Rapture V2 with a Graphite Design YS Q 85 stiff.  New ones I'm looking at are either the Anser hybrid or Titleist 913

Just 1.  I carry a Tourstage ViQ 3U (19* hybrid).  I still prefer the look of long irons over hybrids but a 4-iron is the longest iron that I feel comfortable with.  I can still hit a 3-iron or even a 2-iron fairly well off of a tee but off of the deck you can forget about it and thats where the hybrid comes into play.

Check my signature, I use Callaway's Razr HL 3 & 4 Hybrids, no 3- 4 irons. Dropped the 4 from the set I recently bought, and never want a 3 again, since I hit a hybrid off the box. Irons in my opinion are equally as good from the fairway though.