IGNORED

2013 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is anyone else with a droid phone having a time of it trying to get the live feed to work?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

TV broadcast just started here. Tiger picking up birdies on 2 and 3, taking a 4 shot lead.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Is anyone else noticing that Tiger might be about to run away with this thing?

Edit:  apparently Zeph is.

And how about those driving stats?  1st in distance and 4th in accuracy with 70% of the fairways.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by k-troop

I thought someone was going to run away with his ball on fourth...

Originally Posted by Clambake

No worries.    Phil is certainly an enigma.   I've heard him speak on philanthropic things here in San Diego, and he seems very intelligent and well spoken.   He is known to have a love of science and engineering, and in some of his charitable activities in those areas he is inquisitive and very involved.      And then other times he comes across as kind of a simple oaf; his recent tax comments are a perfect example, as it is hard to believe that he wouldn't expect the reaction he got from people who didn't feel quite so sympathetic to a man who has the lucky privilege of earning a fortune playing a game.

But there is no denying that he is the current golf generation version of Arnold Palmer with the fans.   While watching him yesterday, he interacted with the fans outside the ropes frequently, acknowledging every "Go Phil!" chant with a nod, a smile, or a thumbs up.   He finished up bogey-bogey, then walked off smiling and started signing countless autographs.   And he doesn't simply sign away in silence, he interacts with the autograph seekers, making a connection with each.

Phil is really a humble guy.Thats hard to find these days with big sports athletes.Hes the nicest guy and one of my favorites on the PGA tour

I noticed Super stroke is starting to air comercials on golf channel the last 2 weeks.That company will be a million dollar company before 2014 lol

[quote name="Beachcomber" url="/t/64363/2013-farmers-insurance-open-at-torrey-pines-discussion-thread/90#post_803185"]That's the new rave on tour it seems.  I noticed that too. [/quote] [quote name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/64363/2013-farmers-insurance-open-at-torrey-pines-discussion-thread/90#post_803189"] I've been doing the fatty for 2 years now... The Odyssey fat grip is a sweet grip [/quote] I think both of Tiger's playing partners are using them. Interesting that it's a lot of younger guys too. I use the Super Stroke Slim.

Colin P.

I think this tournament might be a statement tournament from tiger, letting people know that he is still one bad mofo and not to be underestimated. I think this might be a big year from Eldrick.

Colin P.

Another indication that Hank Haney is a terrible teacher!  With Haney, Tiger couldn't hit the side of a barn with a driver.

EDIT--I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Haney ruined Tiger's swing.  It's amazing what Tiger did with that messed-up swing under Haney.

Originally Posted by k-troop

Edit:  apparently Zeph is.

And how about those driving stats?  1st in distance and 4th in accuracy with 70% of the fairways.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Originally Posted by bbender

I'm watching it off and on...what happened to Watney?  Last I knew he was 2 behind tiger and now he has fallen back to -9...he must have ran into some trouble somewhere?

Back to back bogeys on 11 and 12, nothing spectacular happened.

From the GolfChannel:

"Now he's just showing off. Tiger rips drive at the 15th down the middle, practically picking up his tee before he completed his backswing."

Sums it up pretty good

Let the battle for 2nd begin! Tiger is in the zone, and he won't relinquish the lead this week. I've been impressed with Rickie Fowler's comeback. He was +5 after round one, and he in the top 30 now. CH3 is in the top 10 again too!

The changing of the pin was nice to see. I hope the greenkeepers at my course watched it too.

There are just two questions left I guess:

1. Who will finish second?

2. Will Tiger have enough time to put on a red shirt before the fourth round starts?

I think Horschel has been peeking at Tiger's outfit chart this weekend.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 4113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!