IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So how long was it from the doom and gloom days to a recent scoring average of right around par? A week? :)

Something like that. :-D Up and down up and down over the year so far.  At least I am not shanking the ball this week.  3W still needs some major work with the early left leg extension and tipping back but yeah things are starting to look more promising.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Boss man @cbrian says I am straightening my left leg too early as well.  I see it now that he mentioned it.

We need to organize a trade. He says I need to straighten mine. ;-)

- Shane

We need to organize a trade. He says I need to straighten mine.

That was what I needed to do last fall.  Doing it at the right time and in sequence is not all that easy.  I am still working on it and will have to probably for a long time.

Nate

Trying to figure out why I am having so much trouble hitting the 3W off the deck with any height, catching it out of the bottom of the club.  Any thoughts?  I

Yeah agree with Brian, head tips back, left knee straightens too soon, too much weight in the right foot at A10

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yeah agree with Brian, head tips back, left knee straightens too soon, too much weight in the right foot at A10

Thanks Mike!  I did not catch the issue with the right foot either.  When I was having the tipping back problem with the driver, I focused on that right foot like this.  The good news is it is an easy fix for two of the problems anyway.  I will work on that.

Nate

Don't know if I should be proud or ashamed. My 6 year old son made a real par on a par three from the junior tees at 142 yards and beat his Dad for the hole. I made a bogey from the back tees. Told him, "hey take it easy on me". It's Father's Day weekend and and all.
  • Upvote 1

Nate

Don't know if I should be proud or ashamed. My 6 year old son made a real par on a par three from the junior tees at 142 yards and beat his Dad for the hole. I made a bogey from the back tees. Told him, "hey take it easy on me". It's Father's Day weekend and and all.

Already beating you and he's six? You better get used to it, fast! :-) Congrats to Ethan on the first par!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Noticed the first video in this thread was at Moorland golf center, that's my go-to practice location during the winter.  Gotta love Wisconsin!

Already beating you and he's six? You better get used to it, fast!

Congrats to Ethan on the first par!

He was pretty excited about it.  To him it was a birdie. ;-)

Noticed the first video in this thread was at Moorland golf center, that's my go-to practice location during the winter.  Gotta love Wisconsin!

Yeah I don't go there much other than in the winter.  It is a bit of a driver for me.  Welcome to the Forum!

Ethan wanted to go to the range before.  I just had him put his hands together for now and that is it.

Nate

142 yards?? That is amazing. Did he reach the green in reg?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

142 yards?? That is amazing. Did he reach the green in reg?

No, his tee shot was not great, got caught up in the rough, but he hit the green with his second from about 50 yards to about 4-5 feet and made this putt.  He kinda jumped the gun and started the putt before I started recording.  Like I said, to him it was a birdie. ;-)

Nate

I just recorded a few of his other shots today.

• Upvote 1

Nate

Proud for sure. =] And ashamed. =P

- Shane

Wow, Ethan is pretty straight of the tee. I now feel 100% worse about my game. :8)

But only for a few seconds because that's awesome! :dance:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Wow, Ethan is pretty straight of the tee. I now feel 100% worse about my game.

But only for a few seconds because that's awesome!

Yeah same here.  I was pushing the ball all over the place today.  He definitely was making better contact with his hands together as well. :beer:

Nate

Your kid's got talent!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Your kid's got talent!

He does has some natural ability, I don't know how much.  It is up to him what he wants to do with it.  I just hope he continues to have fun.  That is what is most important to me.  It is fun to watch as well.  I am not going to be one of those delusional dads though about his abilities.

Nate

Wish I could stop tipping back with the driver.  I thought I was doing better but apparently not much.  I may need to feel I am almost leaning forward, IDK.  I will keep working at it.  If I could figure out this stupid driver I might actually be a legit 4HC. :-D

Nate

Note: This thread is 971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!