IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Looks fine… but let the wrists hinge a tad more, and feel like the right shoulder is a little bit higher.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Looks fine… but let the wrists hinge a tad more, and feel like the right shoulder is a little bit higher.

Thank you, I will work on that!

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

• 4 weeks later...

Have not really been "working" on anything for a while.  I am pretty much just checking and tweaking a few things in very small ways here or there to gain more consistency.  We pretty much did what I set out to do this year and that was to hit fades, lots of fades.  :drool:  I am not going to try any big changes now before the Newport Cup.

• Upvote 2

Nate

Glad to see you're still pounding away. Inspiring me to potentially bust the net out and get back to work on my own swing.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

1 hour ago, Slice of Life said:

Glad to see you're still pounding away. Inspiring me to potentially bust the net out and get back to work on my own swing.

Thank you Ryan.  

Nate

• 1 month later...

@cipher, that's a lot of golf for a week. The wrist holding up that long is a singular victory of it s own. 

Those courses are very penal on anybody that is short on some consistent match-play practice coming in and IMO can really affect mechanics if you get even a little bit out of sorts.

One thing I would suggest from my own experience is to join a league if possible for some competitive practice. It won't necessarily make you swing better but you will be able to sustain your better swing more in pressure situations.

I played best in the summer when I was playing in my leagues consistently. Have only played sporadic rounds in the last month and a half and it certainly manifested in some poor play as you witnessed. Hopefully I will get some good league play in before season runs out.   

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

I think you're a little harsh with your putting grade. You made some really nice putts, and too often it seemed like you nailed a 20 footer to halve or win a hole. I knew I felt like I dodged some bullets when you missed mid-range putts that are tough makes in the first place.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

37 minutes ago, cipher said:

My wrist held up to 144 holes of golf in six days and so I feel lucky.  It is great to play again and I was able to enjoy playing competitively for the first time ever.

Agree with @GolfLug - this is really the only important takeaway. :beer:

(Also, you should have a "Taught Drew how to throw a frisbee" category, and in that one give yourself an A+!)

9 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I think you're a little harsh with your putting grade. You made some really nice putts, and too often it seemed like you nailed a 20 footer to halve or win a hole.

I know you're thinking of this one:

C781B239-DF03-4C2E-918B-76AED4871DA8.jpeg

The note says that Nate drained this one on #12 at Talamore (Thursday PM Fourball) in a match against you and Phil.  That got BLUE (Nate/Dave K) to AS on the back nine.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

25 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

@cipher, that's a lot of golf for a week. The wrist holding up that long is a singular victory of it s own. 

Those courses are very penal on anybody that is short on some consistent match-play practice coming in and IMO can really affect mechanics if you get even a little bit out of sorts.

One thing I would suggest from my own experience is to join a league if possible for some competitive practice. It won't necessarily make you swing better but you will be able to sustain your better swing more in pressure situations.

I played best in the summer when I was playing in my leagues consistently. Have only played sporadic rounds in the last month and a half and it certainly manifested in some poor play as you witnessed. Hopefully I will get some good league play in before season runs out.   

Very good points V. It is hard for me to do that on a weekly basis with the young kids, but maybe I can play in a few tournaments a year or something as a substitute, and that would help.  

22 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I think you're a little harsh with your putting grade. You made some really nice putts, and too often it seemed like you nailed a 20 footer to halve or win a hole. I knew I felt like I dodged some bullets when you missed mid-range putts that are tough makes in the first place.

I am not sure a B is too harsh but I get what you are saying.  Maybe it was a B+ or even A- or so.  It could be I just felt it a little lower from watching you make everything.  ;-)

17 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Agree with @GolfLug - this is really the only important takeaway. :beer:

(Also, you should have a "Taught Drew how to throw a frisbee" category, and in that one give yourself an A+!)

(Taught Drew to Throw a Frisbee: A+) Only problem is he now throws it better than me! 

And yes, I am able to play golf again and that is a HUGE win. :-)

12 minutes ago, RandallT said:

I know you're thinking of this one:

C781B239-DF03-4C2E-918B-76AED4871DA8.jpeg

The note says that Nate drained this one on #12 at Talamore (Thursday PM Fourball) in a match against you and Phil.  That got BLUE (Nate/Dave K) to AS on the back nine.

Neat photo!  I missed seeing that one somehow.  Thanks @RandallT!

Nate

1 hour ago, cipher said:

The good news is that I know I can improve these things.  I am confident that I have the ability to do so.  My wrist held up to 144 holes of golf in six days and so I feel lucky.  It is great to play again and I was able to enjoy playing competitively for the first time ever.  Unfortunately as I mentioned the 5 months of being able to play a couple times a week after two years being injured was maybe not enough time to fully prepare me for this tournament but I don’t feel completely embarrassed either.  I helped to earn a few points out there.  The experience was a great one and now I know what I need to focus on going into this next year. 

I was very glad to meet you, and to get the chance to play on Sunday with you.  I'm impressed with the quality of your swing, even during your struggles, I'm certain you'll get it tuned up before long.  It took me a good long while to get back after just one summer with a broken wrist, I can't imagine I'd be as far along as you are if I was out for a couple of years.  Competition is tough, and from everything I heard you did really well holding up to it.  And every one of us who played had  a part in scratching out a very close win.  Stay warm over the winter (it must be starting now) and good luck in the spring! :beer::beer:

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

28 minutes ago, cipher said:

(Taught Drew to Throw a Frisbee: A+) Only problem is he now throws it better than me! 

I think that just means you are a great teacher.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

I gave myself an A there too. :-) 

Also frisbee is a brand name. We taught you to throw a disc. :-D

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)
1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

I was very glad to meet you, and to get the chance to play on Sunday with you.  I'm impressed with the quality of your swing, even during your struggles, I'm certain you'll get it tuned up before long.  It took me a good long while to get back after just one summer with a broken wrist, I can't imagine I'd be as far along as you are if I was out for a couple of years.  Competition is tough, and from everything I heard you did really well holding up to it.  And every one of us who played had  a part in scratching out a very close win.  Stay warm over the winter (it must be starting now) and good luck in the spring! :beer::beer:

Snow in the forecast for this weekend. :-( Good news is that there is an indoor golf center by my work now!

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I think that just means you are a great teacher.

Could be!

46 minutes ago, iacas said:

I gave myself an A there too. :-) 

Also frisbee is a brand name. We taught you to throw a disc. :-D

:-)

Edited by cipher

Nate

• Administrator
Just now, Golfingdad said:

Yes, it was a team effort!  

Order that MVP set yet?

Note: This thread is 916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!