IGNORED

How many majors will Tiger win? (please read carefully)

jcolton31
Note: This thread is 3997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I made a comment to a friend that it would've been very interesting to have tracked public opinion on how many majors we expected Tiger to win over the years, from back when he first turned pro, to when he was dominating (I had him as high as 26 or 28 at one point), and how it has fluctuated since. Obviously we can't go back and do that, but we can start tracking it going forward.

I'm proposing to start tracking this going forward, immediately after each major. Ideally, I'd like to have a) decent sample size and b) consistency in the sample over time. With that in mind, only respond to this thread if you are willing to be in it for the long haul. I'll create a Google form for future surveys.

So...how many majors will Tiger win?

Just give a number. No ranges or conditions. Feel free to PM me instead if you want. Lurkers can email me at canjimdunk@gmail.com . I am canvassing other sources as well in order to get some breadth in the sample.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Two more, 16.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger isn't and won't ever be as good as his prime (which was completely dominant).  Add in the fact that the tour is full of young talent and getting deeper every year while Tiger ages, and I don't think he catches Nicklaus.  That being said, I think at some point he picks up another Major along the way.

Would have been more interesting to start this 10+ years ago.  Can't promise I will always remember to respond, so feel free to PM

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Assuming he completely learns the rules or finds a caddy to know them AND he doesn't have some idiot rules official telling him not to worry then I think he wins a couple more but falls short of the record.

Thanks for the responses. Here is a link to a Google form if you want to participate in this round and are willing to keep up going forward.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fbLZQko1vCXZpHPkuEDUxzLYxpe1E5NJ1y8zTQIw6-4/viewform?sid=33dbe4cf938368d4&token;=FA-XKD4BAAA.w7x4T75akkDDEbczgx6xAw.ABIeXyCIYo05abkjj70eNw
Thanks,
Jim

He will win 19 . . . after he breaks the record he will spend most of his time on Privacy II the latest yacht in his flotilla.

TaylorMade R11 Driver

X-20 Irons

Fusion FT-3 Driver

White Hot XG 9 Putter

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

Note: This thread is 3997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!