IGNORED

2013 Memorial Tournament Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think that was the back...

Yeah, he started on the back.......I meant his back. 3 birdies......coming back. Crap! ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh my gosh. Call the press! I shot better than Tiger on my back nine! Teeeeheeee

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by Dave2512

I haven't watched today. What's up with all the big numbers? Not many under par today.

Early start to get ahead of bad weather, winds swirling. Not a good combination for low scoring.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Tiger is bipolar this year. He either wins the tournament or finishes dead last.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

KOOOTCH!!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

KOOOCH* Tiger is 6 over par on the 184 yard par 3 12th this week. Hasn't hit the green once. On the 529 yard par 5 15th, he's 4 over par. Someone has to be last I guess.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Zeph

KOOOCH*

Tiger is 6 over par on the 184 yard par 3 12th this week. Hasn't hit the green once. On the 529 yard par 5 15th, he's 4 over par.

Someone has to be last I guess.

Leave Jimmy Walker alone!

TW doesn't play that bad today (except for the one bad hole, where he also had a bit of bad luck with his stance in the bunker).

Kuchar would have been one of my picks for the US Open, but I doubt he will twice in a row.

Anyone know why the groups of 3, and split tees on the weekend for the tournament?

Is TW ready for the US Open?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Is TW ready for the US Open?

Ask him.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Zeph

Ask him.

OK I just got off the phone with Tiger. He said he's not ready, and his heads not into it. Maybe he's not getin enough from Lindsey. LOL

OK I just got off the phone with Tiger. He said he's not ready, and his heads not into it. Maybe he's not getin enough from Lindsey. LOL

I probably wouldn't have posted that in here, Colin gets a little possessive about Tigs.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I probably wouldn't have posted that in here, Colin gets a little possessive about Tigs.

Lol, he and I just skyped, gave him a little pep talk, he's good to go.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

Lol, he and I just skyped, gave him a little pep talk, he's good to go.

Ya he'll be fine. I was joking obviously.

I didn't see much of the Memorial and nearly nothing of Tiger.   (Beautiful course btw.   Misnamed since it is nothing like a links course.)   Lemme ask:   Are Tiger's problems something he can iron out quick?   How did he do when he did his practice round for the Open last week?

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

Originally Posted by Ole_Tom_Morris

I didn't see much of the Memorial and nearly nothing of Tiger.   (Beautiful course btw.   Misnamed since it is nothing like a links course.)   Lemme ask:   Are Tiger's problems something he can iron out quick?   How did he do when he did his practice round for the Open last week?

Yeah I dont see any issues with TW. He was just all over the place this week. Just a bad week. A very bad week for his standards an he still made the cut. Also, that course is just plain difficult. The conditions and weather problems to help anyone either. Just an off week for Tiger imo. I think he gets a pass and we shouldnt go nuts over his score after all his success this season.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Originally Posted by atb5079

Yeah I dont see any issues with TW. He was just all over the place this week. Just a bad week. A very bad week for his standards an he still made the cut. Also, that course is just plain difficult. The conditions and weather problems to help anyone either. Just an off week for Tiger imo. I think he gets a pass and we shouldnt go nuts over his score after all his success this season.

Well said. Everybody has an off week on the PGA Tour. Just usually not Tiger. If you're not 100% in full concnetration on every shot, then things like this happen. Maybe he's been going too hard this year and needs a break.

He's got next week off, I think he'll re-group, rest, and be ready for Marion in two weeks.

Note: This thread is 3950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!