IGNORED

Nominate a Stupid Monkey

• Administrator

If you'd like to nominate someone for the Stupid Monkey award , please do so here in this thread.

Include links to posts, videos, etc. that you think help your case for the person in question.

And yes, you can nominate yourself.

If a person is rejected, please wait at least two weeks before nominating them again. If a person makes a post that Mike and I feel deprives them of an already awarded Stupid Monkey badge, we will remove it. Y'all can feel free to point those types of posts out to us as well, though. :-D_Confused.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger -6

McIlroy -5

Westwood -5

Oops, sorry wrong thread.

I nominate David in FL .  If I understand the "stupid monkey" approach it is about simplifying your mental approach to the game while playing.  In all our golf swing discussions, where we can get very technical and scientific, David always responds with comments toward simplifying.  An OP will ask a question with 10 points and David will respond with one point to look at.  If an OP is worried about certain aspects of golf, David's comments will tell them to focus on one thing.

I can't dig out a specific example right now, as I am on the way to playing.  If I find one later, I will post it.

• Administrator

Boogie, Mike and I will talk, but my concern is this: the Stupid Monkey award is not really for the instructors, but for those who implement this in their own practice and games (particularly in their practice).

Yes it's someone that is basically doing this http://thesandtrap.com/t/54840/simple-specific-slow-short-and-success-the-five-s-s-of-great-practice

So the video or pics would illustrate the golfer practicing properly.  Not just full speed swings saying they tried out a new feel or swing thought that day.

It would be cool to have some kind of "cyber" bulletin board where we can see a list of everyone who is a stupid monkey.

Was cool to see G-Daddy got one! Way to go big guy! I know Jamo got one, but who else?

I'm trying hard to be stupider, LOL, but I know I gotta be stupider-ier.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

It would be cool to have some kind of "cyber" bulletin board where we can see a list of everyone who is a stupid monkey.

Was cool to see G-Daddy got one! Way to go big guy! I know Jamo got one, but who else?

I'm trying hard to be stupider, LOL, but I know I gotta be stupider-ier.

And, honestly, this is my favorite 'honor' I've ever received here!  Not sure exactly why I got it or who gave it to me, put I'll take it and wear it proudly!!!

I would like to nominate Cipher for this award based on a couple of recent comments in his swing thread ...

"The driver thought seems to be working. Don't know why don't really care as long as it works. The face is squaring up sooner."

and

"Like I said I don't really know why it "might" be squaring up the club face better for me. Well, I think I do actually know, I just don't want to think about all that right now, I just want to feel it."

Here are the links:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/120_30#post_856783

http://thesandtrap.com/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/120_30#post_856806

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by iacas

Done.

Wow, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Golfingdad for his belief in how dum I am!  Also thanks to my wife and kids for giving me a great Farher's day.  Hopefully I can keep being stupid in the manner that I may become better at this great game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Administrator

I thought the Stupid Monkey award was on hiatus, but that was one of the others (Experimenter, I think). It's still available. I added it to @Stretch today as well.

• 1 month later...