IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks to a few recent "Very Nice" rounds, I made a big move this revision......revised down to 1.7

In spite of not playing as often as I like, my game is still moving in the right direction.  My beginning of the year goal was to get back to the 1's.   Now that I succeeded, I'd like to get into the low 1's.  At worst....I'd like to STAY in the 1's!!  Either way, this season is officially a success because my golf game clearly didn't get WORSE!   Haha

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I made a decision this weekend to stop scoring most (if not all) of my rounds for the remainder of the year. Two months of absolute crap and it just doesn't seem worth the effort. My club championship disaster has come and gone, so there is no need for it and the results just depress me. Actually had a pretty decent time yesterday not thinking about how many strokes I was on. This last revision left me at 21.8. Maybe we'll give it another stab next year if I can hit a ball off the ground by then.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure if @iacas will like this for The Newport Cup, but it must be posted :-P

I am down to a 7.6 :whistle: .

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Down from 10.5 to 10, which changes my course cap from 13 to 12. Haven't reached my goals this season yet, but I did win my flight at my club. Of course, if I had reached my goals I would not have been in that flight.

Bill M

Down .6.  30.9 -> 30.3.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

I'm getting there slowly, 34.4 -> 32.6 but of my 10 best rounds used in the calculation, 6 of them were my last 6 so I think I'm actually doing better.

In-fact, if I actually calculate my course handicap and apply it I routinely play in the mid 60s net, this seems wrong to me, but maybe not.  (On Saturday I shot 100, Hcp 32.6, Slope 120 (White tees), Course Handicap: 35 -- That's a 65 net?)

Driver: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  15* 
S-Flex
Hybrids: Nike Vapor Speed 3-5 Steel Stiff
Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 6-Pw Steel Stiff
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Satin Black; 52, 56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Works 2-Ball
Grips: Good Grip Tour Wrap Medium 
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by Cupcakus

In-fact, if I actually calculate my course handicap and apply it I routinely play in the mid 60s net, this seems wrong to me, but maybe not.  (On Saturday I shot 100, Hcp 32.6, Slope 120 (White tees), Course Handicap: 35 -- That's a 65 net?)

It is not wrong.  Your handicap index will continue to go down.  If you are consistently shooting those scores it will eventually level out.  If you continue to improve it will continue to drop.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

I'm getting there slowly, 34.4 -> 32.6 but of my 10 best rounds used in the calculation, 6 of them were my last 6 so I think I'm actually doing better.

If it is par 70 course.  If it is par 72, it's net 67.

If you routinely play in mid 60 net, your HI should be rocketing down.  Please check what you are doing.  It does not sound right.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

If you routinely play in mid 60 net, your HI should be rocketing down.  Please check what you are doing.  It does not sound right.

I'm not sure what par has to do with it, if I shoot 100 with a course handicap of 35, it's a 65, regardless of the course length as far as I know? Unless I'm doing it wrong.  Score to par is different for sure... here's my last 7 rounds, 6 of which were used in the 8/15 calculation.

Score/Slope (Course Hcp) Net (Score to Par)

100/120 (35) 65 (-5 to par)
85/91 (28) 57 (-5 to par)
109/118 (36) 73 (+1 to par)
100/118 (36) 64 (-8 to par)
87/91 (28) 59 (-3 to par)
102/121 (37) 65 (-5 to par)
90/91 (28) 62 (+1 to par)

S-Flex

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

I'm not sure what par has to do with it, if I shoot 100 with a course handicap of 35, it's a 65, regardless of the course length as far as I know? Unless I'm doing it wrong.  Score to par is different for sure... here's my last 7 rounds, 6 of which were used in the 8/15 calculation.

Score/Slope (Course Hcp) Net (Score to Par)

100/120 (35) 65 (-5 to par)

85/91 (28) 57 (-5 to par)

109/118 (36) 73 (+1 to par)

100/118 (36) 64 (-8 to par)

87/91 (28) 59 (-3 to par)

102/121 (37) 65 (-5 to par)

90/91 (28) 62 (+1 to par)

I think you are doing it correct.  What confused me was that your 3 of 7 scores are from par 61 course.   I was assuming they were all par 72 when I said that "If you routines play in mid 60 net ..."    If all your scores were from par 70+ courses, your HI would have gone down more by consistently scoring in mid 60s net.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Yah I guess I should have said I routinely play about -5 to par net, and that still seems wrong to me.  Your HI is supposed to be what you should score to par + 6%, meaning I should be averaging about +2, or maybe even if I'm improving consistently, but -5 seems like a lot.  I know for a fact if I played in my local club tournament and shot -5 net I will likely win my flight.

S-Flex

Yah I guess I should have said I routinely play about -5 to par net, and that still seems wrong to me.  Your HI is supposed to be what you should score to par + 6%, meaning I should be averaging about +2, or maybe even if I'm improving consistently, but -5 seems like a lot.  I know for a fact if I played in my local club tournament and shot -5 net I will likely win my flight.

That's correct.   If you keep beating your course handicap by 5 strokes, your HI will continue to go down rapidly.   For example, my HI is 18.8 and my home course handicap is 21.  Beating it by 5 strokes means I will score 88 (72+21 = 93 - 5).   If I keep averaging 88, in no time, my HI will go down to ~14.3.   But for all I know, you may be rapidly improving.   Given your high handicap of 32.5, it is very possible that you are in rapid improvement phase (and my congrats!).

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

up .1 to a 4.9. I'm not sure how it happened because I recorded two of my lowest scores that I've ever shot in the last couple weeks. They may have missed the cutoff or it might just be late in the season, but either way I'm pretty happy with what I've been coming in at.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Remember, your handicap is calculated based not on par, but on the course rating.  If you're playing a par 72 course with a course rating of 68, the best half of your last 20 NET scores should average about 68.  Your average of all net scores would probably be near 72 (+4 from the course rating), and that's for a relatively static handicap.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Down to 18.8 from 19.5.  With today's round (recorded after HI was established), it is trending even lower (18.4).  I am hoping my mini slump is over.

Down to 18.1 from 18.8.    Mini slump is over, thanks to lessons (3 on driver, new shaft), and LSW.   I expect to break into 17s on my next GHIN in two weeks.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

18.1 > 17.9.  A new personal best for me.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Note: This thread is 1197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!