Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pappy091

Do you putt with your golf glove on?

17 posts in this topic

Just wondering how many people take theirs off when they go to putt. If you do, why and do you think it makes a significant difference?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I take it off. Better feel. Plus it gives my hand time to dry out so I am not sweating into my glove for 4+ hours straight.

Glove comes off immediately after every shot and stays off from 100 yards in.

It is hot here year round and the glove would be soaked if left on, putting with it is just a waste.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wear a glove to improve my grip on full swing shots. For that reason, i only wear it for full shots. I don't wear my glove on putts or chips, because it's not necessary. Removing the glove also tends to keep it dry in the summer heat and helps extend it's lifespan, so I remove it after every shot too.

Nope.  I don't use a glove for any shots.

Ya, I take mine off for better feel of the putter and feedback on my putts. i guess preference but putting is more feel for me.

Pappy,

Somebody starts a new posting on this topic every couple of months. Why not use our Advanced Search function, and track down prior threads?

I keep it on all the time. Maybe I should take it off for putting. I just don't feel it affects me. My putting is not great but it's not bad either.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Nope.  I don't use a glove for any shots.

+1

Iomic Sticky 2.3 grips. Grips may cost more than others but no glove saves money. I like no glove more than glove -- not a compromise but rather an improvement. And grips are like new after 80 rounds.

I used to take it off between shots like listed here. Partly due to the feel thing, but mostly from Georgia heat causing sweat-drenched gloves.  But then over this last winter I just sort of stopped taking it off - quite by accident.  I found I like not having the task of on / off / and keeping track of the glove all the time.

Also found that instead of losing feel on and around the greens, I actually felt better with it on.  Maybe because I hit so many shots with it on?  Including the range and such.  So now I mostly put it on and leave it on.  Slightly better tan on the right hand.  And the Georgia heat is still a problem.  So I keep an extra or two hanging on the strap of my bag and just swap for a new one about half way through.

Originally Posted by David in FL

I wear a glove to improve my grip on full swing shots. For that reason, i only wear it for full shots. I don't wear my glove on putts or chips, because it's not necessary. Removing the glove also tends to keep it dry in the summer heat and helps extend it's lifespan, so I remove it after every shot too.

I do pretty much the same.  Definitely do not wear it putting or with simple short pitches/chips, and I take it off** between all other shots.

**OK, not exactly ... I usually don't take it all the way off, just un-velcro it and peel it back off my palm.  It's not so much for the life span of the glove (they die of holes in the thumb before anything else anyway) but rather to avoid a one handed farmer tan. :)

No I don't putt with my glove on. I'm not sure how much difference it makes in feel, except it doesn't make me feel like a dork.

I don't putt with the glove on for many of same reasons already listed.  Gives glove some time to dry out, airs out my hand and I prefer the feel of ungloved hand on the putter grip.

I leave it on, partly due to the reason I have a touch of dermatitis on my hands, and when I play golf, the grips on my clubs rubs my right index finger and causes it to split, then occasionally bleed, if its very warm, I may take it off between shots when playing with 2 or more people, but usually, it stays on... And my putting is okay really and no where near the biggest problem of my game! :)

Dabz

I currently never wear a glove for any shots but when I first started I wore one all the time (putting included).  Truthfully, I can't tell a difference in "feel" or my performance.  I stopped wearing one because of the amount of sweat trapped inside the glove and the seams on the fingers of the glove became irritating.

I take my glove off in between each shot for the same reasons listed above. Also, I never putt with my glove on... it feels much better without.