IGNORED

2013 BMW Championship Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Watching the leaders tee off for their final rounds after yesterday's washout. The guy at the first tee doing the player introductions couldn't sound more Chicagoan if he tried.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I'm not a golf strategy genius by any means, but I've been watching the shot tracker and noticed just about ever par 4 Tiger is leaving himself 200+ to the hole. This doesn't seem like the greatest strategy when trying to score well and come back from behind. I'd understand it more if he was playing while in the lead and trying to play safe.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not a golf strategy genius by any means, but I've been watching the shot tracker and noticed just about ever par 4 Tiger is leaving himself 200+ to the hole. This doesn't seem like the greatest strategy when trying to score well and come back from behind. I'd understand it more if he was playing while in the lead and trying to play safe.

Tiger doesn't hit many drivers nowadays. It seems when he does he sprays it a little, hence the 3 wood off the tee.

Interestingly enough, during Saturday's round, somebody (Maltbie?) mentioned the same thing.  He ended up making par on the hole.  But the guy said something like, "guys I gotta say, I don't understand this strategy from Tiger...always leaving these long distances for his approach shots and not hitting driver."

Then he went on the run of 6 birdies in 7 holes.  2 of the first three birdies were as a result of hitting driver off the tee.  I assumed it might spark a change in strategy from him, but maybe not?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Tiger doesn't hit many drivers nowadays. It seems when he does he sprays it a little, hence the 3 wood off the tee.

He's only hitting 240 from the tee with 3 wood? Seems rather short for him. I would expect that to be 3 iron. 260 seems more likely to be 3 wood but with him hitting 300's with driver I'd still expect 270ish with 3 wood.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

He's only hitting 240 from the tee with 3 wood? Seems rather short for him. I would expect that to be 3 iron. 260 seems more likely to be 3 wood but with him hitting 300's with driver I'd still expect 270ish with 3 wood.

Wet fairways. Damp (not humid, actual liquid damp) air.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Didn't it rain yesterday?  Maybe it's a 5 wood with no carry?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

True, didn't put much thought into the rain from yesterday, probably next to no roll today. Can definitely see he's not on his distances today on approaches.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

ack, I can't get into the live streaming from work.

PGA has play by play, not even a good sub for watching...... Zach with birdie on 16 (18 footer?)

Zach with another birdie and Jim in the rough a hole back.  I think it's all over but the singing....

Bill - 

Woods enters the Tour Championship in first place. According to the GCTigerTracker, his back acted up today, so I don't know if he will win the Cup.

Cool that Luke Donald gets into the Tour Championship after two fine weekend rounds at his home course.

Furyk with the 59 but without the win, kinda sad, but that's golf.

Monday finishes suck.

Not when you have the option of working from home! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Monday finishes suck.

Originally Posted by David in FL

Not when you have the option of working from home!

Or have xfinity. I watched the last 4-5 holes on my iPhone.

Furyk can't finish anymore. He may not win again.

Bill M

He doesn't play aggressive enough. Especially on the par 5s. If I were him I would be swinging much harder off the tee(almost like Stenson), but not hitting driver because he has the driver Yips as is called. He could be hitting 300 yard drives if he swung harder.

Maybe he just looks too smooth for me to tell if hes swinging hard

He doesn't play aggressive enough. Especially on the par 5s. If I were him I would be swinging much harder off the tee(almost like Stenson), but not hitting driver because he has the driver Yips as is called. He could be hitting 300 yard drives if he swung harder. Maybe he just looks too smooth for me to tell if hes swinging hard

If he's worried about hitting it wayward with the long clubs, I doubt swinging harder is the answer. I don't know about Tiger, but I'm much more accurate swinging a driver at 75% than I am swinging a 3-wood at 110%.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!